• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Narukami Yu vs Cole MacGrath

Schnee One said:
That's not a good reason, especially if said magic I'd being used and utilized differently by different characters.

Otherwise Cole would have planetary range because his abilities are driven off the same form of the conduit gene as the Beast
So is InFAMOUS

That isn't a good example unless they're using literally the same abilities in the exact same way, which you yourself stated earlier. Persona characters are.

When general Persona users across the series show comparable range, it isn't at all far-fetched to scale it to ones that haven't showcased it. It's simple powerscaling.

They are, I legit said they did, and it doesn't give them planetary range.

Ironically different persona's are different to represent the individual, so I really don't think that can be used either

And since that's not on his page, that's unuseabke until it is.

I wouldn't know, and I won't ask further so as not to derail, but I doubt its the same situation. If it is the case they should probably scale, but what InFAMOUS does is irrelevant to Persona.

Not sure what this has to do with them using the exact same spells and abilities.

Fair point actually. I already planned on making a CRT anyway.

No it isn't irrelevant, we don't give verses a free pass on this

Make it in a bit then, until then Cole snipes

It's not about giving one a free pass... verses just don't all scale the same way. Considering InFAMOUS is an action game and Persona is a JRPG, I doubt we can use the same rules. But this is derailing.

I'll make it later. Even with the range advantage, how does Cole get past Yu's resistance?

Since when does the type of game have any relevance to how abilities and powers are scaled? But yes we are

What resistances? There isn't any resistance to electricity explosions or bio drain on his profile

I'd give an argument why, but... derail.

He has resistance to electricity, and bio drain requires Cole to get close iirc.

Cole can still harm people with resistance to electricity and he spans explosions in this form as well

I assume you're talking about Kessler? Yu's resistance makes it so he can completely nullify, heal from, or entirely reflect electric based attacks depending on the Persona. It doen't seem to be on the same level.

Regardless, Yu can continuously heal whatever damage he does take if Cole doesn't hax or one shot him. Eventually he will get in range, at which point he either Almighty's or instakills with Hama/Mudo.

No Im talking Grimm Realers (And Sasha to an extent)

If he uses either of those Cole ressurects and hits him with a rocket

He also spams rockets as I said earlier and they trigger explosions instead of electricity

Also Hundreds of meters to Cole's Kilometers means that will take ages and he gets bombarded with Missles, he'll spend so much time healing and less time attacking

Incon?

Cole has resurrection fml Well, after seeing him resurrect a few times Yu could just decapitate him, which while HORRENDOUSLY out of character, SBA has them willing to kill and it might be the only option.

Barriers like Makarakarn can probably reflect the rockets altogether.

I mean if the above victory method doesn't work then it just might be incon if Cole keeps res'ing.

Cole can actually trigger the rockets explosions in Yu's Face if he sees them reflected

He can also shoot dozens of them and have them home in if necessary

Ahh that makes it more interesting. Still, Yu just heals the damage.

Also the barrier's passive, so manual detonation would be more reliable than homing.

Are sure he'll actually survive that many rockets exploding in his face?

He's still Baseline 7A, a good bunch of explosions is going to kill him.

I'm fairly certain. He'd have to take a bunch of them at once to be one shot, and at a certain point once he realizes what's up he has the option to switch to a Persona that nulls both Elec and Fire (assuming that's what Cole's explosions count as).

7 or 8 Missles is more then enough for that.

Nope his explosions are explosions

Also if he does get close you say, then he uses an Almighty attack and kills Cole, let's his guard down, and then Cole gets up and touches him which instantly kills him

By the time he realizes he needs 7 or 8 at once, Yu's already realized it can damage him and come up with a countermeasure. Kinetic explosions can probably be noped by standard Phys resistance assuming electricity absorption isn't enough to null the damage before they even go off, or hell, mitigate it by healing from the electricity that also gets released.

The explosions probably get nulled by Makarakarn too now that I think about it, due to reflecting "Blast" damage in P1.

Cole can make the explosions go off himself I already said that. So absorbing them before they go off won't helps

Phys resistance?

Blast damage in P1 is Elemental IIRC.

Schnee One said:
Also if he does get close you say, then he uses an Almighty attack and kills Cole, let's his guard down, and then Cole gets up and touches him which instantly kills him
This is assuming he stands there with his back turned to Cole within melee range for the 5 minutes it takes Cole to resurrect. And somehow doesn't notice it happening.

Are the explosions not electric based? PTSO said they released "electric energy", so I'm just going off of that.

Blast damage can actually come from both physical and elemental attacks.

He's not gonna stand there for 5 minutes in melee range if he thinks he won. He's more likely to leave the battlefield.

Not when they explode no, that's Electrical Charge

That should be on his profile then yeah

....So he BFRs himself...? And Cole can still go after him if he really needs too.

Assuming g of course that Cole doesn't make contact with Yu first when they get close, Yu has only one chance while Cole is fine afterwards

Confused but okay.

Naoya's profile?

I doubt he'd get far enough to BFR in that scenario, and the point was that a person thinking they'd won aren't gonna just turn around and wait motionlessly for 5 minutes. They could really do any number of other things. Leaving the entire battlefield isn't guranteed either, and he probably couldn't BFR himself in that short amount of time regardless. (Also the idea of losing a match by leaving after you think you've won is ridiculously silly.)

But you're right. Once they are in melee range, Cole could kill Yu just as easily as Yu can kill him (though I would give Yu a slight advantage there due to having the superior range for his instakill ability.)

Given this and all the other variables to consider once they get close, it probably is incon after all.

Now it's WTF happens when they get close.

Explosion resistance isn't on his profile so that needs to be on a CRT

Except the problem is yo close Yu can kill Cole and Cole can kill him, but Cole can ressurectvwhile Yu can't. So that's an advantage for him

I'll just say Incon because there's a ton of variables

Well, it's more attack reflection which is on his profile. (Comes from a skill rather than an innate resistance.)

I see what you're saying. But yeah, incon either way.

Both have almost the same power level, but their hax is very awesome too. The things turn to be a little strange respect to how Yu would affect Cole since both of them have attack reflection. They have different hax and different applications for the same. Is the one hit kill of Yu applicable in the fight? Not saying that should be banned from the fight but if he can use it as Cole can control electricity.

Back