• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Narukami Yu vs Cole MacGrath

They're likely around the same then

Yu is definitely more versatile, but Cole has a ridiculous range advantage

Dunno

Well reflecting lightning back at Cole will just cause him to absorb it again and he has feats of bypassing resistance to it. (Kessler). Given that SBA is 4 KM then I think Cole might win via abusing the crap out of his range. I'll wait for more input though.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Yu can null or absorb the lightning tho.
Kessler can absorb lightning too. Didn't help him any.

Can he nullify Cole's attacks even if he's basically sniping him?

CrimsonStarFallen said:
The null happens on contact. The lightning hits Yu, and it does nothing.
Then nothing Cole can do will hurt him. Cole's everything is electricity based. Stomp.

Nah, his shockwaves, grenades, and rockets all rely on explosive kinetic charges that are released upon detonation. They do release some electricity, but the brunt of the damage is coming from the kinetic energy released when the attack hits its targets.

Gigawatt blades can also cut the flesh of lightning resistant foes.

That being said, Yu has so much versatility going for him that it's pretty hard to say who wins

Cole does have a huge range advantage though

Cole can hit him from 4KM away, Yu has the lowest form of range you can have

Actually, Persona magic should be in the Kilometers range for being comparable to sniper rifles in P1.

By what we are saying I would say that this match is very even. If we consider the AP of each other... They look equal.

How does the OHKO of Yu applies affect the opponent? I know that basically turns your HP to zero (kills you) but isn't something that can happen in an instant.

Edwellken said:
Actually, Persona magic should be in the Kilometers range for being comparable to sniper rifles in P1.
Unless the magic is exactly the same I really don't think they should be that high in range

Are you asking if the magic in P4 is the same as in P1? If so, then yes. They share 99% of the same spells throughout the whole series.

That's not a good reason, especially if said magic I'd being used and utilized differently by different characters.

Otherwise Cole would have planetary range because his abilities are driven off the same form of the conduit gene as the Beast

It's being utilized in exactly the same way seeing how they use literally the same spells.

Having the same power source has nothing to do with it.

It has everything to do with it actually, if it is the same source being used and abilities that doesn't warrant a range upgrade, they need to actually showcase it.

It isn't an upgrade, it's consistency. They use exactly the same spells, with exactly the same effects, why would the range be different?

P5 has comparable range feats as well.

Back