• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naritaverse Feat

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Something like "Claire can dodge and blitz anything in the verse, and Shizuo can tank and oneshot anything in the verse"?
That sounds nlf, since both of them have been injured in the series.

They've both been injured, but that was while both were holding back. And while Shizuo has been cut and bloodied before, nothing actually puts him down. I guess what I meant by my earlier comment is Claire outskills everything and Shizuo outstaminas everything.

That's not the Alcatraz-shaking feat, is it?
Alcatraz feat is easily on the upper level of tier 8 according to one of our staff. I was talking about a different feat, which may get us 9-A.

Ladd destroying a railway pillar with a punch, in the anime the scene was different though. Also Claire wrapping a metal door with a casual push could also get us good results (Batman used to be 9-A for a similar feat).

Alright, that sounds promising. I can try to ask some calc'ers personally, if you want.

Other than that and the ambiguity of Shizu-Claire cross-scaling, does the above scaling chain seem decent enough?

Other than that and the ambiguity of Shizu-Claire cross-scaling, does the above scaling chain seem decent enough?
The thing is most of the fights in this verse are mostly dependent on skill. Mizuchi is only a really skilled fighter, he should not scale to Shizuo. Izaya has plot armour and should not be taken seriously, apart from his insane parkover, he is a ummmm.....Decent fighter? (Meaning not top tier). Baccano's scaling seems alright, though the females are more about skill so I might need to refresh my knowledge to give a good answer.

Also Lazyhunter is the Durarara guy (Though he is not a fan of it), you guys can ask him any question regarding the verse, since I am frankly not very knowledgeable about Durarara.

I think the reason Izaya is able to hold out well is because of how manipulative he is in fights, and his high speed and parkour skill. He's clearly good at reading people and making them make moves beneficial to him (both in and out of combat), but aside form that, his maneuverability, and his knife throwing, his combat skills seem to just be that of a good fighter, not anything amazing.

Are we able to use images from the anime to evaluate the level of destruction? As far as I can tell, it's only the OVAs that diverge from canon.

Are we able to use images from the anime to evaluate the level of destruction? As far as I can tell, it's only the OVAs that diverge from canon.
No, there are differences between anime and LN in general. For eg: Certain characters are shown in LN but not in anime, Ladd punched a water tower in anime and a Railway pillar in LN, Ladd's hair colour lol, Claire dodging a freaking machine gun in LN, Certain events happen differently in anime and LN......Though I don't remember much, to say which, Claire casually tanking the shockwave of an explosion in LN, Claire headbutted Ladd in the LN, In the LN Claire is more of a badass (Even more than the anime).

Also we might have to downgrade the speed to subsonic, since most bullet timers here are aim dodgers and some have faster than eye reflexes.

Sweet. At last we have a proper supersonic feat, I think we can ignore the aim dodging bit, since Ladd is also described to have bullet speed punches. What do you guys think?

I have no idea if those are calcable, and if they are, they are beyond my abilities.

Does it ever describe the exact condition of the railway pillar afterwards?

Because we could potentially get results from

A: Ladd punching the door

B: Claire pushing the door

C: Ladd punching hard enough to shatter his steel arm

We treat sonic booms as automatically supersonic? I'm surprised, since under the right atmospheric conditions, you can create a sonic boom even at a bit below the speed of sound, and most things at Mach 1-1.1 would create one. I would have thought that transonic would be the minimum for a sonic boom.

Blahblah9755 said:
We treat sonic booms as automatically supersonic? I'm surprised, since under the right atmospheric conditions, you can create a sonic boom even at a bit below the speed of sound, and most things at Mach 1-1.1 would create one. I would have thought that transonic would be the minimum for a sonic boom.
If it's true then we need to get Frank's speed feat to be properly calced. Or at least get some staff member to look into it.

Blahblah9755 said:
Weird, doing a quick research, definitions I've seen for sonic booms are consistently specifically mentioning it is made by an object travelling faster than sound on air. And wouldn't it be more sensible to assume that the feat is done on standard atmospheric condition? The feat was done on ground after all.

Though after reading the LN scan, it didn't specifically mention Frank producing a sonic boom. What has been described to happen seems very similar to one though.

Frank's speed clearly produced a sonic boom, it doesn't matter if the LN did not explicitly state it to be a "Sonic boom", since the narration gave us all the evidence. Also like @Irma said, Frank's feat was done on the ground at a relatively normal environment, so it should be supersonic, also Ladd was described to have bullet speed punches, so it is not a hyperbole. If we go too much into technicalities then there are several verses which would have to be downgraded.

-BANLK- said:
Frank's speed clearly produced a sonic boom, it doesn't matter if the LN did not explicitly state it to be a "Sonic boom", since the narration gave us all the evidence. Also like @Irma said, Frank's feat was done on the ground at a relatively normal environment, so it should be supersonic, also Ladd was described to have bullet speed punches, so it is not a hyperbole. If we go too much into technicalities then there are several verses which would have to be downgraded.
Yeah, I figured that would be the case. I've only watched the anime of Baccano, but there are (some casual) feats there that would be more or less at sonic speed (Graham and Chane deflecting bullets, Graham catching a bullet with his wrench, Claire dodging Sniper Rifle shots). So supersonic feats aren't that far off.

I'm curious though, which characters would scale from Frank if we put him at Supersonic movement speed? Also, would it scale to those characters' movement speed as well or just their reaction speed?

Also, I have a few volumes of the official translated Light Novels of Baccano but I haven't started yet because I don't have the first volume. As soon as I get it and start reading, I'd try to help with the Baccano profiles.

Considering that the anime characters have significantly higher AP feats and slightly different scaling than the light novel versions, would we want to still use composite profiles or have separate keys for each?

Moving at the speed of sound, which would typically be assumed if you're creating a sonic boom, is still only transonic. Feats of creating sonic booms should generally be transonic, if there's no other way to measure them or other feats. Though people probably put supersonic on profiles for that a lot, since everyone seems to forget transonic is a thing.

Back