• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai speed downgrade

According to the official anime's translation the spell teleportation's range that Merlin used against Galan was only several miles (min 9:08-9:15),the translation of the manga also claim the same thing so this Translation ,which this site used in order to justify the using of 100+ miles for the speed calc of Galan,is probably just a mistake of Kodansha Comics translation.

Everyone who scale to Galan should be downgrade to MHS

Kodansha Comics translation is the official one, and it uses several miles outside of Merlin's range.

Trying to take anime, which isn't canon, over official manga, or use unofficial manga translations over the official one, is a pretty obvious attempt to spite the verse. Plus how do you know the official anime translation? IIRC Netflix got the show and hasn't posted anything.

While I don't think the translation differences is a good reason, I do think that using the assumption of 186 miles is a bit flawed since that was the range of her Gate magic, not her teleportation spell.

(There's also the issue that if Galand only took an instant to cross 186 miles, why did it take him so many jumps/steps to reach Liones in the first place from Edinburgh?)

Malikobama1 said:
Kodansha Comics translation is the official one, and it uses several miles outside of Merlin's range.

Trying to take anime, which isn't canon, over official manga, or use unofficial manga translations over the official one, is a pretty obvious attempt to spite the verse. Plus how do you know the official anime translation? IIRC Netflix got the show and hasn't posted anything.
You are right I got confused between VIZ and Kodansha Comics.

It doesnt matter if the anime is "canon" or not since we are talking about translation,not the content or filler scenes the anime add

Do you have access to the raw scans for that page? You could get somebody here on the site to translate it and get another opinion.

Damage3245 said:
Do you have access to the raw scans for that page? You could get somebody here on the site to translate it and get another opinion.
I just now found this in some site but i dont know if that the raw

Translation request thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/562492

Several just means

"more than two but not many."

So it's more than two but not a large number, 100+ miles can be considered large or small, i guess it's subjective to the person.

since they quoted the anime, it is fair to say that if the anime were Canon Galan it would be Sub-relativist, since Merlin's teleport range reached a desert, the desert closest to Brittany is the Sahara, which. would give more than 8000 mach for Galan.

Muuuuh said:
since they quoted the anime, it is fair to say that if the anime were Canon Galan it would be Sub-relativist, since Merlin's teleport range reached a desert, the desert closest to Brittany is the Sahara, which. would give more than 8000 mach for Galan.
?

It been stated that the spell she used reach just a few miles,that feat not close to MHS

There are numerous feats which put Merlins sphere of magical influence, which is the official translation, not just spell radius, at over several hundred miles, reaching up to 350+ miles.

This very specific argument against the NNT speed calculation has been brought up for several years on several occasions and has always been rejected due to the simple fact that: several feats on a greater magnitude are worth more than one - possible - contradictory statement.

Underlining that, Nakaba, the author of NNT, has another work named Kongou Banchou. In the final arc the statement in the manga mentions a required force of 300 Megatons.

The followings feats however result in continental level AP.

We roll with the latter.

-

I hope this matter is settled, if not feel free to ask to receive the feats in question.

Best regards.

RavenSupreme said:
There are numerous feats which put Merlins sphere of magical influence, which is the official translation, not just spell radius, at over several hundred miles, reaching up to 350+ miles.
This very specific argument against the NNT speed calculation has been brought up for several years on several occasions and has always been rejected due to the simple fact that: several feats on a greater magnitude are worth more than one - possible - contradictory statement.

Underlining that, Nakaba, the author of NNT, has another work named Kongou Banchou. In the final arc the statement in the manga mentions a required force of 300 Megatons.

The followings feats however result in continental level AP.

We roll with the latter.

-

I hope this matter is settled, if not feel free to ask to receive the feats in question.

Best regards.
"There are numerous feats which put Merlins sphere of magical influence, which is the official translation, not just spell radius, at over several hundred miles, reaching up to 350+ miles:

Which not really matter since no one claim she doesnt have such magic range,but the specific magic spell she used againt Galan has only few miles range and this is a fact

I just explained to you that the official translation is her not speaking about the spell radius but solely about the sphere of magical influence as a whole.

The official manga canon never mentions a spell radius which could be used as an argument for different radius in her different spells.

?

It been stated that the spell she used reach just a few miles,that feat not close to MHS

What is the limit between a few kilometers and many kilometers? In what exact number does the quantity stop being a few miles to be many?

RavenSupreme said:
I just explained to you that the official translation is her not speaking about the spell radius but solely about the sphere of magical influence as a whole.
The official manga canon never mentions a spell radius which could be used as an argument for different radius in her different spells.
I already show that the official translation is simply wrong,the manga's and the anime's translation talk about spell radius and same about the japanese text

https://www.reddit.com/r/translator/comments/7xyvly/japanese_english_some_comic_panel/

The official translation is this.

http://i.imgur.com/LHn55Vj.jpg

Something you officially find in the release/Crunchyroll superceeds whatever you find in the non canon anime.

Funny sidenote: The reddit thread you linked does not talk about spell radius, but magical aura as well, like the official CR release.

I would appreciate if this matter can be concluded.

Back