• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mystical Characters Speed Upgrade

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Dormammu, Agamotto and Mephisto (in his realm) should all have immeasurable speed instead of MFTL+. Agamotto and Mephisto are both directly scaled from Well Fed Galactus, who is immeasurable. Dormammu has kept up with Eternity, who is omnipresent, and he should scale above Agamotto.

I don't think those characters should have immeasurable speed, is that reasonable without downgrading Galactus?

TBF there was Uatu fighting on every plane of existence [which is noted on his profile], Franklin and Agatha mental fight spanning the full gamut of reality, and several other feats of those on cosmic levels fighting on every plane simultaneously. So I honestly believe they could be Immeasurable.

I don't know enough those characters to give an accurate judgement.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
TBF there was Uatu fighting on every plane of existence [which is noted on his profile], Franklin and Agatha mental fight spanning the full gamut of reality, and several other feats of those on cosmic levels fighting on every plane simultaneously. So I honestly believe they could be Immeasurable.
Fighting on every plane of existence (without further context) isnt immeasurable.

@Eficiente But they're directly scaled from Galactus in their speed categories... them not being immeasurable while Galactus is wouldn't make sense.

Galactus speed description is really outdated. He is Immeasurable for existing in Overspace. Which I think comes from that time where he went there, turned into his energy form and meet with the abstracts. Yeah, he can go to Overspace, doesnt mean hes speed is Immeasurable. Hank Pym can enter Overspace but we dont rate him as having immeasurable speed.

I agree. Galactus should have his immeasurable speed removed.

Oh, well okay then. But what about Dormammu, he's kept up with an omnipresent being (and did so in his weakest incarnation), would that be immeasurable speed?

No. You need to time travel with just speed or exist in multiple temporal dimensions to have immeasurable.

Then... what exactly would keeping pace with an omnipresent be?

Omnipresence but I feel like Dormammu isn't nearly consistent enough for that rating.

The thing is, one can keep up with an omnipresent being without being omnipresent as well. The nature of omnipresence is that they are everywhere at once, which would lend to them not being physical.

Dormammu may have kept up with a physical manifestation of Eternity, which is what we normally see, however that manifestation can clearly be seen to not be omnipresent.

So is somebody willing to update the Galactus (Marvel Comics) profile, and are there any other cosmic Marvel characters with inaccurate listings of immeasurable speed as well?

Speaking of which, I think that some DC Comics characters, such as the New Gods, also need to be updated in this regard.

@POTM & Sandman31

Would you or some other experienced member be willing to find and update all of the DC Comics characters with inaccurate immeasurable speed ratings?

I made some calc for Galactus' speed, but before sending it to be evaluated I would like to know what Priority it would have; Idk what top speed Marvel's MFTL characters scale to.

Back