• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
As Maine was falling off the cliff, a portal opened up beneath him and closed when he entered it. When he hit the ground, he heard a multitude of confused voices wondering what was going on. As he checked his equipment he was surprised to discover that the A.I. had miraculously returned to him. They were all confused about it but decided not to take this second chance for granted. As all of this was happening however, a certain illusionist had seen everything. He wanted this Bootleg Tony Stark's Equipment to see if he could replicate it for himself for actually effective body armor and with EDITH that should be a cake walk. As he approached under the illusion created by the Stark Drone, the A.I. and Maine picked up his movement on their Motion Sensor and fired in Mysterio's Direction. With his cover blown, he decided to take cover while the Drones do the work. All The Meta thought was that they had found a new target for a new, extra useful piece of equipment.

TL;DR this fight takes place in London before Spider-Man showed up to stop Mysterio and before Mysterio initiated the massive illusion with all the Stark Drones. Mysterio gets all of his Optional Equipment. The Meta is aware of the Stark Drones' Capabilities and Mysterio only knows how strong The Meta's Brute Shot is and that he can track him through the Illusion somehow. Speed Equalized and Maine's "The Meta" Key is being used.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mysterio_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe) :

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Meta_(Agent_Maine) : 7

Spider-Man finally shows up and stops both of them while they're distracted:

Last edited:
The Meta seems to be a bit more versatile, but how does his time manipulation work?

The Meta seems to be a bit more versatile, but how does his time manipulation work?
He can't spam it if that's what your asking. It's thought based but he can only use it to either slow down time for awhile or stop time for about 15 seconds once before his Suit malfunctions from draining too much power. It's more of a last resort ability to get out of a terrible situation where he can't avoid getting killed or hurt really badly.

I see.
How do you see him dealing with Mysterio's illusions, if at all? Can his Enhanced Senses help?

I see.
How do you see him dealing with Mysterio's illusions, if at all? Can his Enhanced Senses help?
He has a Motion Tracker that identifies between allies and enemies and with North's Enhancement also allows him to see Heat Signatures through Solid Objects.

He has a Motion Tracker that identifies between allies and enemies and with North's Enhancement also allows him to see Heat Signatures through Solid Objects.
Damn, then he can see through the illusions.
In that case, I think I'll go with the Meta due to being physically stronger, seemingly more skilled, and slightly more versatile.

The Meta had finally overcome the sheer number of Drones the Illusionist had tried to kill him with and had managed to break the illusion long enough to catch Mysterio off guard and tag him with his Brute Shot. As he approached him, the A.I. were scanning him to figure out what he used to control the Drones. When they reached him, they had pinpointed it to the Glasses he was wearing. As The Meta lifted Beck off the ground, Sigma appeared next to his head and said "Give us the Glasses and we might just let you live a little longer." As this happened, Spider-Man had arrived just a few seconds too late as Beck had given the Meta EDITH and Sigma replied with "Thank you for your cooperation. Maine?" Maine then punched him as hard as he could and killed Beck before Peter could stop him. As he turned to face him, Peter realized this is gonna be a much bigger problem then he thought he was going to originally deal with.

Back