• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This seems like it'd be neat on paper. I'd hoped to get someone to make this for me so I could vote, but eh, I'm much too impatient.

Mysterio (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (Has EDITH) vs Rudy Tabootie (Second key)

Fight takes place in ChalkZone and Mysterio has 1 day to prepare but no prior knowledge. This is subject to change is necessary.

Win via KO, incapacitation, or death. SPEED EQUALIZED

AP would usually go here but they one-shot each other anyway.

Pretty sure Mysterio takes this. That's a lot of resistances and abilities, but no Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, nor Precog. Granted the amount of drones he has at his disposal with EDITH, I'm voting Mysterio.

The stuff he draws has at least City Block level durability, so shields or any sort of creatures/robots he draws should take care of the drones handily. Not to mention, he doesn't know anything about Rudy, so unlike with Peter he can't create illusions that take advantage of his guilt or personal fears. So he can definitely create illusions still but they're not going to be as mentally taxing as they were for Spidey.

Durability doesn't really... matter. They're only projecting illusions. At best, it could create an illusion of hydroman and the rest, and maybe then his shields might do much. But yeah, I'm still going with mindhax.

Point isn't Mysterio can "trick" Rudy, point is that Rudy can't locate him, and Mysterio has infinte summons, alongside major disorientation and danmaku.

Gotta be hard to draw stuff when literally thousands of bullets are being shot at you from random directions, you being thrown around the block and not to mention stuff like Sonic Attacks. Also note that Rudy doesn't know Mysterio is faking it.

It does matter, actually. The only way Mysterio can actually hurt him is with the drones. Otherwise, shit like Hydroman is still jarring, but that's really all they can do. Rudy sees a giant monster coming towards him, the first thing he's going to do is draw a giant monster of his own or a mech. Which he can do in literal seconds, mind you. The only difference being that his monsters are actually real and can't be hurt by the drones.

Also, what mindhax? Mysterio's illusions aren't mental attacks, they're created by the drones, AKA technology.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
The only way Mysterio can actually hurt him is with the drones. Otherwise, shit like Hydroman is still jarring, but that's really all they can do. Rudy sees a giant monster coming towards him, the first thing he's going to do is draw a giant monster of his own or a mech. Which he can do in literal seconds, mind you. The only difference being that his monsters are actually real and can't be hurt by the drones.
... wait, then isn't this a stomp when all Rudy has to do is make a single object that literally cannot be destroyed by anything? That's like saying in a Ghost Rider thread "Yeah, he's 7-A but he can turn 4-B when he's real angry, so Ghostie wins against that other 7-A".

Mysterio literally can't do anything when a character is summoning stuff which is wayyyy higher than his tier, unless you're suggesting "Beck goes invisible, sneaks upto Rudy, and shoots him in the head" in which case it's gg Rudy I suppose

Beck sneaking up on Rudy is probably a stomp the other way, as I don't think Rudy can bypass Invisibility, and it's super in character for Beck to do so, hell he'll even make a fake replica of himself for effect.

Either way, this isn't exactly a good match.

If Rudy's in a mech I don't see Beck getting in there even if he is invisible. Or if he decides to try drawing some sort of creature it could potentially track Beck down. It's also possible for Rudy to draw a controller of his own to take over the drones himself, as he's done something similar in the past.

Realistically Rudy could 100% draw something like infrared goggles, even if he hasn't doesn't so explicitly in the series.

Yeah, this is a massive stomp. Mysterio literally can't do anything to him that amounts to anything substantial.

Someone should probably close this.

Back