• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Before I begin I need to make it clear than I am not leaving this site, or leaving Mori's Discord server, or retiring from Joke Battles. So please do not worry or say good bye to me. I'm not actually going anywhere.

But with that being said, I will be retiring from my bureaucrat position on VS Battles Wiki. To most of you this probably seems like a long time coming. I have been rather inactive for quite a while now. This is due to a variety of factors, such as the pandemic, having to deal with going to university, having a 30+ an hour job and recent family drama I would rather not get into. As such, I have been unable to properly fulfill my duties as a bureaucrat, and decided that it is best to retire rather than continue holding on to a position I cannot uphold. I perhaps should have retired sooner, and I greatly apologize to the community for at times neglecting my responsibility.

I also need to thank this community from the bottom of my heart. I first joined when I was a sophomore in high school, and now I am entering my third year of college. So it is no exaggeration to say that this site has been a major part of my life. Throughout my years here I have made too many wonderful friends to list and countless hours of fun and joy. It has opened my eyes to a whole new world of online interaction and exposed me to so many great media franchises that have forever changed my life. It has given me a sense of purpose and accomplishment as I'd invest so much of my time, heart and passion into helping the community grow into what it has been today.

My promotion to bureaucrat 5 years ago is still a memory that I cherish deeply. Due to a depression I had dealing with my parent's drug addiction, I fell behind on my studies, slacked on my work out routine and failed some of my classes while seeing all my friends achieve such great things whereas I had nothing. The achievement of being promoted as a bureaucrat helped me feel better and realized that I wasn't a complete failure. It helped give me the motivation to take my life seriously again, and I was able to graduate my last year of high school with straight As, get in better shape than ever before and go on to complete a 2 year degree with a 3.6 GPA. Now I'm now pursuing even higher education that I can financially afford thanks to my job. With all the incredibly rough times I had been dealing with, having this community to fall back on for a little bit of fun and support is something I couldn't make it without.

With so much this bureaucrat position means to me it breaks my heart that I have to retire it. But it is truly what is best for the site. And with everything this site has done for me, I owe it nothing short of the best. So again I must apologize for my inactivity and sudden departure.

As I mentioned early, I am NOT leaving this website or the VS server. There is no way I can leave this community or the incredible people I've befriended along the way. And powerscaling as a hobby is just WAY too much fun for me to ever give up. My close friends here will always be able to contact me the same way they have been before. I'm also not retiring my position from Joke Battles, since that site takes nowhere even remotely close to as much time to manage and it's easier for me to oversee since I know some of the admins in real life.

So with that being said it has been an absolute honor and privilege to be a bureaucrat for this amazing site and its community. Anything I have done to help this site has been exceeded at least tenfold by the way this site has helped me. So for that I am forever grateful. Everyone here should know that they have the power to make such an impact on someone else's life without even knowing it. Thank you all and I wish you the best moving forward without me as a bureaucrat. Take care everyone :)

Last edited:
I am also very glad that you are staying around, and that your efforts are paying off with improving your life. Please take care of yourself, and thanks a massive amount for all of your help over the years.
Goodbye - Son Goku.jpg

Last edited:
It is a shame to see one of the great bureaucrats decide to step down, but as you yourself has said, you have not been around too often to perform your duties, and at the very least, this means you can go around having fun as a blue name without all the pressures that comes from such a pivotal position as bureaucrat.

All I can say is thank you for everything you have done, and let's hope we continue seeing more of you for a good while yet to come.

You are legit one if not the most inspiring user for me Ryukuma, I might have barely know you outsite of all the conversations and discussions I have observed in my 4 years, here, but from what I see on this post my respect for you is now even more solidified.

You did great in the site Ryu, and I'm sure you will do great in real life as well.

Take care Ryukama. I know and glad to know that you're staying, but I will miss seeing your name in Purple.

But anyway, I think you were the first person I have seen get a promotion to Bureaucrat, and you were one of the first Admins who to have given a kudos to one of my contributions as well as give an agreement to my take on a thread. But aside from that, I have always admired the hard work you have put into the wiki as well as giving good feedback on Dragon Ball threads especially. And your Tanuki Mario profile pic will always be an iconic remembrance. Although I have rarely seen you active on the wiki and a few more recent threads seemed to have gotten shaky, I always saw you as an awesome guy who is fun to be around. We may not agree with every thing around here or every practice, but you're always some who tries to be respectful, reasonable, rational and holds well deserving people in high regard.

So peace out, and hope lifes goes well for you. Thank you for everything you have done.

Last edited:
I remember the time I joined the wiki almost 4 years ago. The moment I came to this site, I saw this down to Earth guy who also held the highest position in the wiki, message me, a simple little regular user, about a verse we both like and enjoy, and just started casual chatting from there. That left quite a huge impression on me and tells a lot about the kind of guy you really are. The very first friend I made here, and one of my best and closest friends. The warmest and friendliest guy on the wiki. Simply awesome.

We have already talked about your current situation, studies, work, family, etc. in private and though it is the right and logical decision for you to retire from your duties and focus your attention in real life, it still saddens me quite a lot, for I will not be able to see you in purple, the way I've always seen you. At least, you aren't leaving, so that's a positive I will gladly take.

From what you've said here about your past, it's so amazing to see how a debating community focused on fictional characters constituting of people on the internet, can change one's life for the positive in such a great magnitude. I am very happy this community was able to make your life better, and I hope it does that for everyone here.

And of course, you've done a LOT for this community. Your invaluable contributions are ingrained in the wiki and are unforgettable. The wiki wouldn't be in its current state without your help and a simple thanks just isn't enough.

I am still gonna bother your ass with important bureaucrat stuff, you know. Don't think just because you're retired, you can be safe from me. Look forward to my next message, and keep living in the fear.

Here's a secret footage of me describing Ryu to people

original.gif

Last edited:
****'s sake these kinds of messages are so nice man.

So often you see people complain about the wiki, it being stressful and just in general losing it's luster, to see such a positive outlook on it is refreshing.

Course I got you on Discord so you won't be missed bitch so this doesn't change much, but I'm happy you're moving on to bigger and better things with your life. Have a nice one man.

Last edited:
Thank you very much to your contribution throughout all those years. You are undoubtedly one of kindest and most genuine people I've seen on this site. With your timeline, I realize I joined the VS Battles site at around the time you were promoted to Bureaucrat, and I remember all the times you'd help members or partake in casual talk.
I wish YOU the best moving forward. Stay awesome!

Indeed, I noticed an extreme decline of activity on Ryukama's part for quite a ton of months ago, but i knew it's normal to just not have the capacity to perform large duties on the site and so on. Thanks Ryukama for what you've done, what you've done has inspired some, including me, into being where we are now, supporting each other for a better site.

Well, I don't personally know you Ryu, but I don't think I've ever heard of any other member/staff who's as unanimously praised, respected, and adored as you. You're an absolute legend in this community, and I don't think anything will ever change that.

Having read your post, I find it extremely inspiring and relatable, as I've also dealt with issues in my life that were in great part cured through my time in this community. I've made many friends here, had lots of fun, and found validation in all of my accomplishments during my short time here. Long story short, yeah the Wiki has issues, a lot of them, and I don't fault anyone in the slightest for voicing their frustrations. It's still extremely refreshing to see a sorta goodbye thread that highlights the positives though, and showcases how great this community of likeminded individuals actually is. Even if we don't agree on everything, we're still connected through our passion and love for powerscaling fictional characters, and that is already more than most communities can say. So thank you for reminding us of that.

Still, it's nice to see that you're not truly gone, and will stick around. I wish you the best in any and all future endeavors.
Stay safe, and thank you for everything, king!

2f0.gif

So many posts to like and so much time!

Ryu, there will be difficulties in your path, there will be those that want to stop you, but hold your head high! Take the difficulties with strides and confidence, tell those that would wish to stop you to keep dreaming, and obtain what you desire! And this community will always be here to help you!

Well, I don't personally know you Ryu, but I don't think I've ever heard of any other member/staff who's as unanimously praised, respected, and adored as you. You're an absolute legend in this community, and I don't think anything will ever change that.

Having read your post, I find it extremely inspiring and relatable, as I've also dealt with issues in my life that were in great part cured through my time in this community. I've made many friends here, had lots of fun, and found validation in all of my accomplishments during my short time here. Long story short, yeah the Wiki has issues, a lot of them, and I don't fault anyone in the slightest for voicing their frustrations. It's still extremely refreshing to see a sorta goodbye thread that highlights the positives though, and showcases how great this community of likeminded individuals actually is. Even if we don't agree on everything, we're still connected through our passion and love for powerscaling fictional characters, and that is already more than most communities can say. So thank you for reminding us of that.

Still, it's nice to see that you're not truly gone, and will stick around. I wish you the best in any and all future endeavors.
Stay safe, and thank you for everything, king!

2f0.gif
Well said

even tho I am a new member I hope retirement treats you well and thank you for your work. The wiki might have faults but people like you and everybody else make it truly a great place. 👍🏽

Back