• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Revisions are Indeed Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
Antvasima said:
Alright. I suppose that we can probably use this then. I would have preferred more staff input first though.
^
Should I include a justification blog or include this thread as a note? I'm pretty sure that to new members, it will look weird to see the profiles back to 4-B after having been downgraded.

In my honest opinion, all relevant profiles should always contain links to CRTs like this. It gets really annoying when you have to run through fifteen profiles just to find an AP calc/justification, or a CRT/blog about the potency of a specific hax in a verse, etc. I get it, "should scale to X" is a valid justification, but when you go to X's page and it says "scales to W", and W's page says "scales to U, staggered a non-serious Z with his blows", Z's page says "should be superior or equal to X, W, U, equal to Y..." etc., it becomes an exercise in tedious cross-referencing.

We do not use content revision threads as references within the profiles, but you should preferably provide links to them within the edit summary boxes.

I think that linking to Darkanine's blog with the 4-B calculation should be enough justification within the relevant profiles.

Firestorm808 said:
^Where does it say that?
He points out that we can see the Sun moving at 26 seconds instead of 21, which means it travelled the calculated distance in 2 seconds.

Lightbuster30 said:
Well, I wouldn't say it's a result of being weaker. They were in a clear deadlock in the war timeline. So maybe it's less a matter of being underconfident and more just easier to do. We never did see the result of the war anyways.
Regardless, I am still against the idea of S9 Twilight being top tier Alicorn tier in general. It took everything she had to hold her own against a Celestia tier threat and even then only won when the Magic of Friendship bailed her out at the last second. The most damning argument against early S9 Twilight being on par with Celestia being the fact that she needs an amulet to do the work for her, and the fact that she did pretty damned good against Sombra tier threats, being able to momentarily shield an attack from the three of them, shield attacks from Cozy Glow, and knocked one of Tirek's teeth out, implying debatable superiority to Sombra. The guy whom she struggled with previously? Hell, even the Mane 6 are implied to have gotten a massive boost given how well they fared.
I don't know if she really struggled as much as you say she did. Sure, she was weaker, but not a huge amount weaker. And I'm pretty sure the amulet thing is just because the writers think moving the sun is Celestia's special ability, and not AP. Also, none of those feats necessarily imply superiority. It's pretty well established that shields are superior to comparable attacks, and knocking teeth out doesn't mean you're the same level, just in the same general tier.

She nearly got knocked over Twice by his magic and completely and utterly failed to stop his magic based purely on the grounds that her magic was weaker. This isn't a matter of "not being confident enough" it's a matter of trying and failing. It shows she is weaker than he is. Besides, we've established previously that shields aren't overwhelmingly powerful compared to AP.

Tirek is an absolute tank my friend. Despite being equals with Twilight, multiple direct shots served only to annoy him, including one directly to his face sustained for multiple seconds.

This implies he is a tank against equal opponents. That Twilight can knock him off his feet and break his teeth all in one hit implies Twilight fired a strong enough shot to break his tanky durability. Something not possible if they were equals for reasons I posted above. This implies Twilight has gotten much strongersince she last faced Sombra.

Thanks for helping out with the edits while I was working. Just make sure to include a link to this thread in the edit summary section so that people know why.

All thats left is to determine which matches need to get removed from the profiles now. Really happy things went as good as they did. But other than that, this thread has served it's purpose.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Okay. Feel free to do so and then link to it here. I will close this thread afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back