• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Teletubbies. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of infant Psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also The Vacume guys nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Childhood Bullies, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Teletubbies truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in The Teletubbies actions which itself is a cryptic reference to Junglans Principles I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Anne Wood's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Teletubbies tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Resurecting this thread.

My copy of Tails of Equestria: The Official Movie Sourcebook came in the mail today. I did a first impressions blog here if anyone's curious. Some stuff I found interesting:

The Storm King

• The Staff of Sacanas. With this staff and a power source of stolen magic, The Storm King has near infinite control of weather in the local area.
  • Talents: Keen Knowledge: Strategy (D20), Shock, Magic Resistance, Thick Hide, Weather Control.
So the Storm King's weather manipulation seems to only come from his staff, which seemed to be the implication from the movie. He should also probably have Electricity Manipulation for conjuring Thunderstorms. Probably can't give him magic resistance but I think it's worth putting out there.

• Storm Guards/Storm Goons are actually called "Storm Minions". Alternatively their species is called "The Beasts of Black Skull Island" in passing once, which is badass.
Sky Pirates

• Apparently Captain Celaeno is kind of crap tier among pirates. Nothing really say there but I thought it was amusing that the other two captains (Captain Rosella and Captain Blister) are considered stronger than her.
  • "Sky Pirates" is actually a blanket term, and the actual crew Celaeno runs is the "Pirates of Sea and Sky". So if anyone plans on making a page for her, that could be noted in the summary.
Hippogriffs

• Hippogriff's are thought to be the oldest race in the entire world. They were building incredibly advanced and large metal structures thousands of years before Equestria society was ever formed. At an point in ancient history, Hippogriffs made their presence known to Equestria to stop a war between the Pegasi and Griffons caled the "Zephyr War". The aftermath lead to the foundation of a seemingly short lived Pegasus-Griffon kingdom in Eastern Equestria.
  • Queen Novo has a shark friend with kawaii anime eyes. I found that amusing.
So yeah. Not much power wise but some cool lore.

The "infinite" there is obvious hyperbole. Though High 3-A storms is kind of amusing. It probably just means he can make any kind of weather phenomenon he wants.

Plus High 3-A/2-A Alicorns are already a thing in the comics

Hmm.... Interesting find @Dark & @Light. There are infinite power statements in the IDW... So it would be... Somewhat consistent. Albeit.. They also have Multiversal Statements in the IDW ... So...

Darkanine said:
The "infinite" there is obvious hyperbole. Though High 3-A storms is kind of amusing. It probably just means he can make any kind of weather phenomenon he wants.

Plus High 3-A/2-A Alicorns are already a thing in the comics
You weren't taking me serious were you?

Here's a question for everyone who do you most identify with in the show?

Also someone made a fanfic based on a single line in the newest episode

If theirs one thing I love about this fandom it's how they can turn anything into a full-on fanfic. Side note, the newest episode is probably one of my all time favorites. Sure it was a little stilted and forced but Celestia was just so adorable I didn't really mind it.

Princess Luna making fun of a bunch of kids was a bit out of character though.

As for the question. Spike. I had an unconventional childhood. Without getting to personal, both of my sisters are a lot older than me and most of my friends were teenagers - adults so I can defiantly relate to him.

So, Tails of Equestria implies that the Storm King survived his supposed death and is chilling out as an intangible/non-corporeal spirit thing.

Interesting.

I can definitetly understand why you like Rockhoof, the part where they met Flash Magnus was probably my favorite part of Legends of Magic part 2.

I see. A lot of official artwork makes her strangely serious and stone-faced too, for whatever reason. I was surprised by her characterization, I was expecting a Pinkie Pie clone but she's really not. She's probably my third favorite Pillar next to Rockhoof and Stygian.

The only pillars I didn't care for were Mistmane and Starswirl. Mistmane is just really boring, though she was at least better than the franchises previous attempts at her type of character, the infamous Deer kingdom. Shudders.

Oh Starswirl. Almost everything bad in the series happened because of him.

• Stygian's mass genocide of his world? Starswirl.
  • Luna's fall to darkness? Starswirl.
  • The Dazzlings invading the Equestria Girls universe? Starswirl.
  • Queen Chrysalis' birth? Starswirl.
  • The merging of two worlds? Starswirl.
  • The Pony of Shadows? Starswirl.
Sunburst was right, he was the biggest villain in Equestrian history

I definitely agree about Starswirl, I loved the Legends of magic series then Starswirl showed up and kinda sucked the life out of it so to speak. I never considered Stygian he's just as much of a pillar as the rest of them, and i enjoyed his character.

Yeah, I agree. Once Starswirl joined, it became a lot less fun, though I partially think that was the point, to show how much of a knob Starswirl really was. At least in the annual, you get to know everyone is tired of his attitude.

That said, I liked his previous characterizations more, as a playful and good-natured, heroic but kooky old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back