• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Student Edition]

I also find it strange how a Wall level Deku is somehow enough to control Full Cowl 45%, while Bakugo who is tens of thousands of times stronger and more durable, suffers the same amount of damage as Deku when using Full Cowl 100%, even though the difference between these two percentages is just 2.
Yeah, ever hear of a thing called plot-induced stupidity? Bakugou being injured by Full Cowl 100% wouldn't automatically negate all of the stuff which suggests High 8-C is a no-go. There are several feats and instances that have been discussed, decided upon, and concluded, that prove that High 8-C would be an outlier.

That makes zero sense. There's a noticeable gap between high-end supersonic to supersonic+, but it's not enough to blitz someone in reaction speed, let perception speed. Regardless if it's according to your standards, it makes zero sense. There are boxers who a few times faster than their opponents and their opponents can still keep up.
Not my standards, I do need to remind you that Hawks is still Hypersonic despite being able to blitz the clones of multiple Supersonic+ and Hypersonic characters. If things worked like you think they do, MHA high-tiers would be already hitting High Hypersonic ratings.
Why do you think Uraraka came up with a strategy to beat him in means other than touching him directly? It's not like she had a chance, to begin with. She literally couldn't react. The reaction Bakugou got from everyone was more or less the same as everyone thinking he was a psychopath anyway, so I don't get your point here.

He wasn't toying with her. He knows that any opening he'd give her would be exploited by her, so he keeps his distance. Really, the only thing he did in the fight was defending himself against Uraraka's attempts.
What other means? Uraraka's entire strategy relied on making Bakugo float into the sky to disqualified him. And how can you say she had no chance when Bakugo was extremely wary of Uraraka touching him? I find it even stranger that you say Bakugo is a psychopath because the Pro Heroes thought so, when Aizawa himself proceeded to defend him from such accusations.

Bakugo wouldn't need to keep his distance if according to you, he could just have blitz her since the start of the fight, the anime didn't show Uraraka's movements being much slower than Bakugo's either, so your entire point falls apart in both statements and visuals.

Yeah, ever hear of a thing called plot-induced stupidity? Bakugou being injured by Full Cowl 100% wouldn't automatically negate all of the stuff which suggests High 8-C is a no-go. There are several feats and instances that have been discussed, decided upon, and concluded, that prove that High 8-C would be an outlier.
What stuff? Deku staggering Todoroki with a headbutt is against that? Deku withstanding Gran Torino's attacks with or without Full Cowl contradicts that? A 13-years old Bakugo being physically able to control Full Cowl better than an almost 17-years old Deku somehow supports your point?

Deku could state in the next chapter that he can now control 100% without taking damage and you would still say that he is thousands of times weaker than first chapter Bakugo because reasons.

Not my standards, I do need to remind you that Hawks is still Hypersonic despite being able to blitz the clones of multiple Supersonic+ and Hypersonic characters. If things worked like you think they do, MHA high-tiers would be already hitting High Hypersonic ratings.
That's because blitzing a supersonic+ character requires you, to you know, be a few times higher than supersonic+? Which would be Mach 5 at the very least. That is completely incomparable to a supersonic+ character blitzing a supersonic character with a 2.5 times gap. False equivalence.
What other means? Uraraka's entire strategy relied on making Bakugo float into the sky to disqualified him. And how can you say she had no chance when Bakugo was extremely wary of Uraraka touching him? I find it even stranger that you say Bakugo is a psychopath because the Pro Heroes thought so, when Aizawa himself proceeded to defend him from such accusations.
And how many times did that work? Absolutely zero. Why the hell do you think she opted to distract him and wait to send a meteor shower crashing down onto him? It's because she knew she couldn't take him down. It's pretty obvious actually.
Bakugo wouldn't need to keep his distance if according to you, he could just have blitz her since the start of the fight, the anime didn't show Uraraka's movements being much slower than Bakugo's either, so your entire point falls apart in both statements and visuals.
I don't know about you, but in either way, Bakugou is clearly a lot faster than Uraraka, even assuming she isn't supersonic. He'd probably be able to one-shot her with a strong enough explosion/blast. And keep in mind, just because he didn't blitz her doesn't mean he could, nor does it mean she automatically downscales from him.
What stuff? Deku staggering Todoroki with a headbutt is against that? Deku withstanding Gran Torino's attacks with or without Full Cowl contradicts that? A 13-years old Bakugo being physically able to control Full Cowl better than an almost 17-years old Deku somehow supports your point?
So let's just point out how ridiculous Tier 8 Base Midoriya is. Is there an explanation as to why Midoriya has severely hurt thanks to Bakugou's explosions? What about Uraraka being easily blown away by the shock wave of an explosion that isn't even close to her position. Keep in mind the explosion is probably less than a single ton of TNT.

Gran Torino wasn't putting that much power into his hits. At that time, Midoriya could barely utilize Full Cowling for less than a few seconds at best. Gran Torino was being casual against Midoriya. Hell, when Midoriya actually managed to land a blow at 5%, bruised Gran Torion's cheek pretty easily.

Bakugou being able to control Full Cowl better than an almost 17-year-old is PIS like I said. Plot-induced stupidity. I'd also like to point out Midoriya generated a lot of air pressure when headbutting Todoroki. It's likely he was using One for All here.

There's evidence which everyone in the thread has mentioned which implies that base Midoriya isn't Tier 8 under any circumstance. The revisions are already in place, and multiple people disagree with the students being Tier 8. At this point, if you wanna revert the changes? Make your own CRT. Why should I argue against stuff that has already been explained, and thoroughly debunked against the course of hundreds of replies?

Last edited:
That's because blitzing a supersonic+ character requires you, to you know, be a few times higher than supersonic+? Which would be Mach 5 at the very least. That is completely incomparable to a supersonic+ character blitzing a supersonic character with a 2.5 times gap. False equivalence.
So you are sayings Mach 5 is enough to blitz a Supersonic+ character (which are at least Mach 2.5) but somehow blitzing a Supersonic character requires something much higher than Supersonic+? Quite the double standards here.

Iida and Gran Torino blitzing Base Deku is just a feat for them, so I don't understand why do you keep trying to bring this up as a counter-argument when it shouldn't invalidate Deku's own feats. This would be like saying Awakened Shigaraki can't be Hypersonic because Hawks blitzed him, and that's not how things work.
And how many times did that work? Absolutely zero. Why the hell do you think she opted to distract him and wait to send a meteor shower crashing down onto him? It's because she knew she couldn't take him down. It's pretty obvious actually.
Now this is just wrong, Deku believed this was an actual feasible strategy that could have worked against Bakugo, and Bakugo himself also was very wary of this strategy which is why he never dropped his guard down.

And keep in mind, just because he didn't blitz her doesn't mean he could, nor does it mean she automatically downscales from him.
Assuming you were trying to say Bakugo could have blitzed Uraraka, then I would have disagree with that because it would contradict Aizawa's statements about Bakugo not holding back.

Then again people in this thread decided to ignore Aizawa's words to go with your own version of the fight, where Bakugo could have easily defeated Uraraka before she could even blink.
Is there an explanation as to why Midoriya has severely hurt thanks to Bakugou's explosions? What about Uraraka being easily blown away by the shock wave of an explosion that isn't even close to her position. Keep in mind the explosion is probably less than a single ton of TNT.
Ah, yes? Bakugo's nitroglycerin explosions have a temperature so high they can even stagger All Might, it doesn't matter how small the explosions are they will always hurt because of the massive temperature, we put it in his profile if you didn't notice. Some calcs actually put the explosion that blew Uraraka away at High 8-C but they were lost.
Gran Torino wasn't putting that much power into his hits. At that time, Midoriya could barely utilize Full Cowling for less than a few seconds at best. Gran Torino was being casual against Midoriya. Hell, when Midoriya actually managed to land a blow at 5%, bruised Gran Torion's cheek pretty easily.
Regardless of how much power Gran Torino was putting on his punches, they were still strong enough to cause small injuries on Deku's body while using Full Cowl 5%. Also the point about Deku using Full Cowl just for a few seconds is moot because he used it perfectly against Stain a few hours later. The power and durability should have been exactly the same from the first time he activated it to his fight with Stain. 5% Deku grazing Gran Torino doesn't really mean anything as far as I know, it's not like I was trying to scale base Deku from 5%'s speed.
Bakugou being able to control Full Cowl better than an almost 17-year-old is PIS like I said. Plot-induced stupidity. I'd also like to point out Midoriya generated a lot of air pressure when headbutting Todoroki. It's likely he was using One for All here.
Or, more likely, Bakugo simply wasn't strong enough to control Full Cowl at Deku's current level, just like he wasn't strong enough to control Full Cowl 100% in the movie, and you are just trying to paint it as PIS to make these Wall level ratings more believable compared to Bakugo's, now apparently, unachievable amounts of absurdly strength compared to every other student.

Neither the manga, nor the anime, showed Deku using 5% on his head. Even up to the current point of the manga, Deku has never used a smash attack using his head. This is just another headcanon to explain how Deku was able to injure Todoroki in their fight, and I call it headcanon with good reason because you literally have nothing to justify it, at no point did lightning appear on Deku's head during that fight, or the bright veins that appears on his skin when using the power.

But okay, as you said this thread is already done, the changes were applied and probably many important users have already abandon it, so if I wanted to be heard I would be forced to create another thread from scratch.

I was just expressing my dissatisfaction about some of the changes made here, but at this point I knew very well that nothing could be changed using this thread.

Back