• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Can I just say it’s nice to see a Shonen actually put the MC at #1 strongest in the verse

That’s pretty rare TBH
It's pretty much cause it was at the end of the manga.
Who knows, if MHA were to continue endlessly like Dragon Ball, we would have random characters being introduced each new arc who are far stronger than Deku and everyone else.

nothing scream Hori intrested in doing a sequel at best some lil novels as mentioned b
Horikoshi does not necessarily need to draw and write a sequel related to mha. He himself already claimed that he entrusted the future to yoco akiyama. I am fully aware of Horikoshi idea of starting a horror manga but if a sequel to mha where to happen It can be done with horikoshi just being a supervisor.

Anyways, It seems jump will be releasing statements on mha new projects and other stuff once the manga finally ends so let's just wait and see. Mha, jjk and one piece are jump biggest success currently and no other series have shown any sign of atleast breaking 80 million copies. From a business perspective, dropping mha fully isn't possible and we've already been promised more movies once this series end so their still hope of a sequel depending on how mha ends.

Horikoshi does not necessarily need to draw and write a sequel related to mha. He himself already claimed that he entrusted the future to yoco akiyama. I am fully aware of Horikoshi idea of starting a horror manga but if a sequel to mha where to happen It can be done with horikoshi just being a supervisor.

Anyways, It seems jump will be releasing statements on mha new projects and other stuff once the manga finally ends so let's just wait and see. Mha, jjk and one piece are jump biggest success currently and no other series have shown any sign of atleast breaking 80 million copies. From a business perspective, dropping mha fully isn't possible and we've already been promised more movies once this series end so their still hope of a sequel depending on how mha ends.
Doesn't matter if it isn't good at a business perspective. HxH is out of the magazine now, KNY ended, up and coming series that show promise end early because it isn't that kind of era anymore. These series are in the hands of the creators, and the most Shueisha can do is influence their decisions.

Saw this a few days back and all the comments were just the worst. Like ik a lot of people have a weird stigmatism towards powerscaling or can't understand basic scaling but sheesh these list are RANCID

like MHA is still a narrative first story when it comes to their fights for the most part but like most of these list don't even make sense narratively.

Like Keraunos > Prominence Burn, she says that shit ain't as good as endeavour verbally😭😭

Reading comprehension devil got people in chokeholds

Not to mention PB being above Faux 100% ☠️

Oh, I think it should also be mentioned that Deku — with his current embers — could still make it to Ochako far before the rest of 2A. So depending on how long Class 2A took to start following Deku after he went, he still might currently be at the top of all the characters in their current states…

Now that I think about it, how strong do y'all think Nana Shimura was when she was, well, alive? Like in comparison to other characters and such..
Probably at least around the level of Deku’s 30%, since we know it takes that level to surpass the Gran Torino we see in his old age. And Nana was likely relative, if not above, a Prime Gran Torino.

Last edited:
It's pretty much cause it was at the end of the manga.
Who knows, if MHA were to continue endlessly like Dragon Ball, we would have random characters being introduced each new arc who are far stronger than Deku and everyone else.
To be fair we have seen nothing outside of Japan except of Flect Turn and Star and Stripes. Japan has a small population anyway.

For all we know, there are international villains far stronger than Shigaraki in making.

I feel like there are fewer VS threads than usual lately. Or perhaps it's just me. I don't take part in, but I take my time to read them at breakfast.

Spins off I want -

Prequels -

All Might Backstory (Vs Prime AFO arc)
Pro hero Aizawa one shot (Batman style)

Sequels -
Continuation of the main cast's adventure with a jump in time and on a international level. A team of the best hero course graduates around the world made to fight a world threat.

A far future spin off of the Quirk Doomsday theory (which is proven by Shigaraki so it will happen) and the end of Society and civilization devolving into a dog eat dog world.

I on the other hand from some people, am completely glad that no romantic feelings were talked about, because two TEENAGERS talking about the fact they were directly responsible for the deaths of people and still reeling with that fact is not the time for romance.

Deku and Uraraka are both teenagers, not adults. I find it reasonable that they're trying to find a reason that this all happened beyond what they know. Like everyone on the heroes side sees Deku as the greatest, having defeated the strongest villain to ever exist, but he did it via BLOWING UP THE VILLAINS BODY, yeah that's traumatizing for anyone let alone a 17(?) year old. Those two are gonna have trauma for years and blaming yourself is something that is fairly common for traumatic experiences.

Also let's go Granny, doing better round 2
Yeah but u can still add romance to it. Everything for now has calm down so there is actually time to make a confession. Deku did in a way make that “confession” but it’s not the ideal thing. Personally, I was waiting for the moment to happen and I’m still hoping with this last chapter

He's not relative to 30% Izuku in power, he just surpasses him in terms of speed. We already know 5% Izuku is enough to injure Gran Torino, which he actually did.

This just means Nana is the lowest suggestion, higher than 5%, which isn't saying a lot.
I personally believe that Nana has to be at least 30% Deku in power, if only we could've seem how she performed against Prime AFO

Then, assuming Nana’s relative to Prime Torino in all stats, she should still be 30% tier speed-wise.
I don't know if she is.

All Might stated he was able to use OFA almost at 100% as soon as he got it. Meaning he would be on par with Nana Shimura. We know he received OFA around a similar time as Izuku did and got it before High School. All Might was eighteen when Nana was killed and Torino told him to leave after graduating, which means he's a third year.

So after improving OFA for three years, All Might was still getting whooped by Gran Torino. Strength/Durability? Yeah I can see him being superior to Gran Torino. But speed wise he's clearly struggling to keep up, which makes sense when old Gran Torino is capable of keeping up with people on Weakened All Might's level.

I don't see anything that suggest she'd be comparable to Gran Torino in terms of speed. Maybe she could be, but nothing concrete.

Last edited:
So just was watching Season 1 bit and I realized, Snipe was able to shoot Shigaraki from like a 100m away in less than the time frame it took for Shigaraki's hand to reach Deku's face, and Deku was speeding towards Shigaraki with a 100% jump.

At minimum assuming Shigaraki's hand is moving towards Deku at average human speed - Mach 112

But since Deku was moving at fte speed (subsonic) and even Bakugo with his superhuman reaction time couldn't see him moving - Mach 2500

And using Hypersonic rating for Bakugo's reaction speed - Mach 25000

So just was watching Season 1 bit and I realized, Snipe was able to shoot Shigaraki from like a 100m away in less than the time frame it took for Shigaraki's hand to reach Deku's face, and Deku was speeding towards Shigaraki with a 100% jump.

At minimum assuming Shigaraki's hand is moving towards Deku at average human speed - Mach 112

But since Deku was moving at fte speed (subsonic) and even Bakugo with his superhuman reaction time couldn't see him moving - Mach 2500

And using Hypersonic rating for Bakugo's reaction speed - Mach 25000
I rewatched that scene too and yeah there should be a calc

Snipes bullets could cross at a bare minimum a few hundred feet before Shigaraki hand could touch Deku while literally being an inch away

The average human moves their hand at 5 feet per second which would mean Snipes bullet could cross 300 feet in 1/60th of a second

Around Mach 16

We know Nagant bullets are faster than Snipes are too

I rewatched that scene too and yeah there should be a calc

Snipes bullets could cross at a bare minimum a few hundred feet before Shigaraki hand could touch Deku while literally being an inch away

The average human moves their hand at 5 feet per second which would mean Snipes bullet could cross 300 feet in 1/60th of a second

Around Mach 16

We know Nagant bullets are faster than Snipes are too
You also need to account for Deku himself jumping in that direction with 100%.

Can I just say it’s nice to see a Shonen actually put the MC at #1 strongest in the verse

That’s pretty rare TBH
Is it? Naruto was #1 at the end of his series in terms of raw AP, and so is Ichigo. I suspect Luffy's gonna be the same way, and in fact, he currently has the best AP feat of any character in his verse.

It's a very loose application but I can see it being applied. "Manipulation" is a broad term in the wiki, Walter White has Poison Manipulation because he can mix chemicals and make poisons. Surprised they didn't just list Walt poisoning a child with a plant as an additional evidence too lol

Let me ask you, are there any characters in My Hero that should get Soul Manipulation and Resistance to Soul Manipulation right now?
If we assume that Quirk vestiges are souls (which has a good basis) then anyone who can steal and give Quirks should have Soul Manipulation in some form.

Plus all that stuff about Deku smashing Shigaraki's spirit after destroying the solid ball of hatred protecting his soul.

Deku is also moving towards Tomura's hand, remember he jumped towards all might. So you have to account his speed in the time frame too. Plus Shigaraki himself is moving at FTE speeds as we see him perception blitz Tsu and Mineta.
Wait but isn't the time frame just from when Snipe shoots his first bullet to where it hits Shigaraki's hand? Deku jumped toward Shigaraki before Snipe fired though?

Wait but isn't the time frame just from when Snipe shoots his first bullet to where it hits Shigaraki's hand? Deku jumped toward Shigaraki before Snipe fired though?
He means that Deku is still moving towards Shigaraki's hand at a really high but unknown speed while Shigaraki's hand is also moving towards him at FTE speeds, while Snipe's bullet had to travel hundreds of meters before Shigaraki touched Deku's head.

This next bit is pure guess work, but assuming Deku's head is 50 centimeters away from Shigaraki's hand at the time Snipe fires his bullet, and assuming both are moving at FTE speeds (34.3 meters per second), the timeframe would be 0.0072 seconds.

Snipe's bullet had to travel hundreds of meters before this timeframe is completed or else Deku gets decayed, meaning:

Bullet Speed = 100 meters (low-balled distance)/0.0072 seconds = 13888.88 m/s or Mach 40.49

Now people could say that Deku simply slowed down after jumping and wasn't moving as quick (it doesn't make sense for Shigaraki to be able to intercept a Deku jumping at 100% after all) or that Snipe somehow predicted where Shigaraki's hand would pop out of Kurogiri's black mist and fired the bullet before his hand came out, but that's really unlikely.

I believe Izuku slowed down greatly by the time he reached Tomura.

Tomura cannot react to or see All Might's movements, yet he saw and reacted to Izuku's movements when he was close.

Tomura later said Izuku was equal to All Might in speed. Meaning Izuku just appeared next to them in his perspective, but for some reason slow downed drastically. I don't know how he did, but that's what the story shows and we have to accept it. Obviously Izuku would died if he didn't slow down since he can't throw a punch.

He'd have slammed into Kurogiri at All Might level speed and break his neck or something.

This happened with the Zero Pointer as well, Izuku can jump at 100% but slows down enough that he could throw a punch before smacking into it.

Snipe hitting Tomura's hand is interesting since the anime shows the exact moment he fired. And it was when his hand was literally right about to touch Izuku.

However I doubt it'd produce results enough for anything important.

Back