• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

So is your suggestion that his durability is the same as when he fought All Might, but as he gets younger, his durability decreases while his power rises? Because the younger he gets the more Shigaraki’s hatred effects him, the more power he can draw from his Quirks (which are the same Quirks he used vs Endeavor just unbound by his body’s limitations).

My main point is that no one would scale to that initial Prime AFO, except I suppose Tokoyami, who managed to overpower and keep him down enough he de-aged.
His durability solely depends on what quirks he has active. AFO has a regular human body in-universe.

Frankly, without Horikoshi outright telling us, his durability could go from human level to mountain to island, to whatever. It all depends on what he uses.

Whenever AFO uses attacks quirks, a lot of the times we get a list or name, but it's much harder for defensive quirks since we know nothing unless it's easily identifiable quirks like Impact Recoil and the Energy Barrier he used against Endeavor.

AFO hasn't been shown using any defensive quirks. Not even Impact Recoil which could have easily negged Mt Lady, Tokoyami, and Gigantomachia.

I think rather than "mountain level swords", "mountain level syringe💉" or the assumption that AFO's helmet is somehow more durable than his Prime self, it's pretty obvious that post-rewind, AFO wasn't as concerned with defence.

For someone whose stats come from whatever quirks he activates, one can't just assume he is at max level durability.

Same way we can't assume each of his attacks is max level especially when each attack involves different quirks or different combinations of quirks.
Those quirks or combinations would never all have the same power same way the people they were taken from didn't have the same power levels.
Mountain level? This isn't 2021 anymore. But anyways. Afo is not human level without using his quirks, it's clear that you don't need durability or strength enhancing quirks to be extremely powerful. Just look to people like mirio who has no strength or durability enhancing quirks but are still extremely powerful and can punch high end nomus away. Also, afo against allmight in their first fight in kamino managed to easily stop an allmight jumping/rushing at him with his 2 hands without using any strength or durability enhancing quirks. Afo also tanked a full power punch on the face by allmight without using any quirks during their fight in kamino. So the answer is clear.

Also, if afo had such a powerful hax quirk that could weaken prime allmight so much. Why didn't he use it again in their rematch?
Gran Torino stated that AFO's Quirks are nothing like they were before, and since there's a limit of how many Quirks AFO can control, he probably had to get rid of the old ones.

Plus Rusty is right, if Prime AFO was as physically powerful as Prime AM, then it would be impossible for AM to win.

And before anyone says AM beat AFO and all of his Quirks with skill alone, AFO stated that All Might's style consist of a mad charge without dodging, and that it only worked because of the power of OFA.

Gran Torino stated that AFO's Quirks are nothing like they were before, and since there's a limit of how many Quirks AFO can control, he probably had to get rid of the old ones.

Plus Rusty is right, if Prime AFO was as physically powerful as Prime AM, then it would be impossible for AM to win.

And before anyone says AM beat AFO and all of his Quirks with skill alone, AFO stated that All Might's style consist of a mad charge without dodging, and that it only worked because of the power of OFA.
Tbh I would say prime AFO's base durability is definitely lower then prime all might, but not so much to the point where he can actually survive getting his face punched in by a "plus ultra" prime all might

So he probably just downscales from prime all might

Again, we can't just assert he had a super powerful insane quirk with no evidence or reasoning. And if he did, it would make zero sense for afo to ever get rid of it. And I'm not saying they're exactly equals, I'm saying they're relative. Why would that be impossible for allmight to win? We saw allmight win against afo in kamino and they were relative there. All allmight needs is to outlast him and land more hits.

And for allmights fighting style, that makes perfect sense when you consider AFOs fighting style too and not ignore it. AFOs fighting style is to stay back and attack from afar until his opponent loses stamina and they can't fight back and steal their quirks. Allmights fighting style being charging head on makes much more sense now.

I actually lied I just have one garbage calc but still, if anyone knows of any other bad calcs feel free to dm me or somethin since I wanna remove it and bring mha down to like massively hyper+ since sub rel makes no sense

also "your attitude could use some work". What are you babbling about, I literally asked if anyone wanted to help me with fixing dogwater calcs, not that deep, sorry if it was.

I actually lied I just have one garbage calc but still, if anyone knows of any other bad calcs feel free to dm me or somethin since I wanna remove it and bring mha down to like massively hyper+ since sub rel makes no sense

also "your attitude could use some work". What are you babbling about, I literally asked if anyone wanted to help me with fixing dogwater calcs, not that deep, sorry if it was.
See, that's why your attitude could use some work, you're being quite assertive for no reason

How is it garbage

Mountain level? This isn't 2021 anymore. But anyways. Afo is not human level without using his quirks, it's clear that you don't need durability or strength enhancing quirks to be extremely powerful. Just look to people like mirio who has no strength or durability enhancing quirks but are still extremely powerful and can punch high end nomus away. Also, afo against allmight in their first fight in kamino managed to easily stop an allmight jumping/rushing at him with his 2 hands without using any strength or durability enhancing quirks. Afo also tanked a full power punch on the face by allmight without using any quirks during their fight in kamino. So the answer is clear.
"Mountain Level" is just a statement. I don't know why you would choose to focus on that. My point is that we shouldn't just make assumptions of AFO's durability being constant even when there is zero evidence of him using them. Like know AFO did not use Impact Recoil against Endeavor cause of the type match-up but he used an energy barrier.

We usually get a list of quirks for whenever he attacks but not defensive quirks. All people are doing with that is an assumption.

Like it should be clear that if a helmet can withstand Hawks sword, AFO should also have quirks that can do the same.

So rather than as

How is it bad? The calculation is correct, and the distance in the manga is shown to be hundreds of km away bcs of the map thing

would you kindly elaborate on why you think the calc in question is in need of revisions?

it seems solid but further input would appreciated

I'm assuming his argument is going to be that the subsonic speed for Shigarakis weakened state in that moment is arbitrary. Which I agree, but the problem is that he thinks he should be slower. Which in actuality he should be even faster but that's a discussion for later. At least that's the only argument I can see he could have against the sub-relativistic calc.

I'm assuming his argument is going to be that the subsonic speed for Shigarakis weakened state in that moment is arbitrary. Which I agree, but the problem is that he thinks he should be slower. Which in actuality he should be even faster but that's a discussion for later. At least that's the only argument I can see he could have against the sub-relativistic calc.
subsonic speed seems a pretty reasonable low ball, but he may have further information we're unware of so we might as well hear his toughts on the matter

subsonic speed seems a pretty reasonable low ball, but he may have further information we're unware of so we might as well hear his toughts on the matter
Well it's definitely a lowball I'll give you that. But yeah I just can't see what else he could have against the sub-relativistic calc that makes him think it should be slower. The distance isn't up for debate so that only leaves the timeframe which again relies on this weakened shigaraki being only subsonic speed. So yeah.

Well it's definitely a lowball I'll give you that. But yeah I just can't see what else he could have against the sub-relativistic calc that makes him think it should be slower. The distance isn't up for debate so that only leaves the timeframe which again relies on this weakened shigaraki being only subsonic speed. So yeah.
sorry if i'm wrong but you do seem a bit upset about usuing subsonic as low ball, unfortunately, any higher would calc stacking via the site standards so you can simply consider sub-rel to be the minimum speed you can put shigi at, you can definitely scale him higher but let's simply leave it at that

you can use a higher speed if you have an in-verse statement about his speed however, then it's fair game

sorry if i'm wrong but you do seem a bit upset about usuing subsonic as low ball, unfortunately, any higher would calc stacking via the site standards so you can simply consider sub-rel to be the minimum speed you can put shigi at, you can definitely scale him higher but let's simply leave it at that

you can use a higher speed if you have an in-verse statement about his speed however, then it's fair game
I'm not upset I just think there's a better way to find his weakened states speed than by using something arbitrarily. I can explain further but I'll leave that for later since we're already having a whole discussion thread on prime allmights 60× multiplier and I don't want to have to deal with 2 discussion threads at the same time, so I'll wait for that to get accepted and then I'll bring up my reasoning for a speed upgrade.

And no my reasoning doesn't use calc stacking btw.

There are some 6-B in Naruto, One Piece and Bleach right? Could make for some fun matchup. Tho im not expecting much considering how hax and skill those verses tend to be

Hey, deku has good hax and skill. He could probably take on most of naruto and one piece
There are some 6-B in Naruto, One Piece and Bleach right? Could make for some fun matchup. Tho im not expecting much considering how hax and skill those verses tend to be
Lol no for One Piece if they have Advanced Kenbun, anyone other than that he one shots cause of the AP scaling. And the 6-B in Naruto are like half-Kurama level guys so maybe since he can get out of Genjutsu with vestiges.

Bleach fights are impossible cause spirit based intangibility which Deku can’t perceive.

maybe since he can get out of Genjutsu with vestiges.
I wouldn't count on it since iirc genjutsu has like a fuckton of layers and there are some application of Mind Manip that Deku haven't even dealt with before. On OP, does Conquerors have any layers?

I wouldn't count on it since iirc genjutsu has like a fuckton of layers and there are some application of Mind Manip that Deku haven't even dealt with before. On OP, does Conquerors have any layers?
Deku has some layers with mind resistance (Nana < Shigaraki < Yoichi = AFO << All vestiges + Deku) but if it’s too high or specific then nah. And I believe Conqueror Haki has layers, but not for the fear manip. I think it’s overall stopped if you have high enough willpower, idk if I’ve ever seen someone one shot another person with Conqueror Haki if that other person also has it at a similar level.

Persona, MCU, multiple version of the Godzilla verse, Black Clover, 7DS, Jorge Joestar, Megami Tensei, Mashle, Mob Pscho, Pokemon, Fist of the North Star, Tower of God, Kungfu Panda, SCP, Slime Isekai, Soul Eater, Final Fantasy are some of the popular verse with 6-B chara that i can find. Dunno if it'll make good match or not tho. Also if the High tier are gonna be upgraded to High 6-C+, that'll open up so many matches for so many characters

Also forgot Arifureta, that's also 6-B. Dont know how popular the series is just remembering people saying it was a trashy isekai. Shinobu from Monogatari also seems interesting

Last edited:
Welp...time to inflict an ungodly amount of pain on myself by going through all High 6-C+ to find recognizable and popular verse that will inevitably and unwillingly disgust King again. Wish me luck boys

Btw, we’re 50k views away from a million views on this thread.

We clearly need more controversial crts.

Last edited:
Dw I have a potential speed upgrade after we're done with the prime allmight multiplier.
XfYBY7F.jpg

Mha takes place hundreds of years in the future sense Quirks appeared after pokemon became a thing, meaning either mha takes place in a world where youtube brought back the dislike button or it was never removed in mha

It ain't a matter of discussion my bro, using subsonic speed for a shigaraki thats weakened to the extent that he is is WILD, not to mention the fact that there wasn't even speed lines on his arm shows he ain't moving that fast, use peak human at most.

We also dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a highball. You could say that "its in panel order" but honestly when the panel flips back to shigaraki the panel would likely be going into past tense before Nagant's bullet was shot, cause there is NO WAY shigaraki would be able to scream "NAAAGAGANT" in a 0.0355685 second timeframe.

Back