• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It ain't a matter of discussion my bro, using subsonic speed for a shigaraki thats weakened to the extent that he is is WILD, not to mention the fact that there wasn't even speed lines on his arm shows he ain't moving that fast, use peak human at most.

We also dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a highball. You could say that "its in panel order" but honestly when the panel flips back to shigaraki the panel would likely be going into past tense before Nagant's bullet was shot, cause there is NO WAY shigaraki would be able to scream "NAAAGAGANT" in a 0.0355685 second timeframe.
Sorry but subsonic is already big lowball. There's no reasonable way you could argue for downgrading him to peak human speed.

Sorry but subsonic is already big lowball. There's no reasonable way you could argue for downgrading him to peak human speed.
There is no way you can prove to me that Shigaraki is even moving his arm at fast speeds, also, again, his other arm is cut off and hes in a massively weaker state so yes i would say he's moving at max peak human speeds since the mofo don't even look like he moving quickly

You ignored my other points btw

There is no way you can prove to me that Shigaraki is even moving his arm at fast speeds, also, again, his other arm is cut off and hes in a massively weaker state so yes i would say he's moving at max peak human speeds since the mofo don't even look like he moving quickly

Yes I can. We have seen a weaker shigaraki get extremely weakened (definitely more weakened than here) move way faster, on the sns fight a 97% weakened shigaraki managed to outspeed and out maneuver the aircrafts that were with sns and get to sns before she could move. And your other point I addressed at my second reply.

Yes I can. We have seen a weaker shigaraki get extremely weakened (definitely more weakened than here) move way faster, on the sns fight a 97% weakened shigaraki managed to outspeed and out maneuver the aircrafts that were with sns and get to sns before she could move. And your other point I addressed at my second reply.
Again, you still haven't debunked my second point, also, do you have any proof that Shigaraki had the intention to move at fast speeds ?

It ain't a matter of discussion my bro, using subsonic speed for a shigaraki thats weakened to the extent that he is is WILD, not to mention the fact that there wasn't even speed lines on his arm shows he ain't moving that fast, use peak human at most.
No it's not. An extremely weekened Shigaraki just after Intercontinental Missiles with burned off flesh was able to escape futuristic military fighter jets:

ngl maybe we should use supersonic instead of subsonic

Why do we have to prove he can? You're making the claim he can't be that fast, not us.

If anything there is no reason for us to assume he isn't because he quite literally is fighting a battle where he's trying to kill his opponent. Weakened or not he's still a top tier of the verse and can keep up with top-tiers lol

No it's not. An extremely weekened Shigaraki just after Intercontinental Missiles with burned off flesh was able to escape futuristic military fighter jets:

ngl maybe we should use supersonic instead of subsonic

Why do we have to prove he can? You're making the claim he can't be that fast, not us.

If anything there is no reason for us to assume he isn't because he quite literally is fighting a battle where he's trying to kill his opponent. Weakened or not he's still a top tier of the verse and can keep up with top-tiers lol

Not even supersonic, hypersonic would be the logical one to use. This is what my mha speed upgrade was going to be about.

We also dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a highball. You could say that "its in panel order" but honestly when the panel flips back to shigaraki the panel would likely be going into past tense before Nagant's bullet was shot, cause there is NO WAY shigaraki would be able to scream "NAAAGAGANT" in a 0.0355685 second timeframe.
Shigaraki, while dying and in a weaker key with a far more damaged body, was still FTE when he tried to pass off New Order to someone.

Why would his even stronger version, trying to slam its hand down in a fit of rage, not still be FTE. It is the AFO part of his body trying to madly and last second kill everyone while being absolutely pissed that Nagant would dare to change sides this late in the game, why would he not be trying to slam his hand down as fast as he could when one of his hands had already been shot off?

Also, are we really trying to say that “vocal time” matters in anime/manga, especially for him just screaming? People can have entire dialogues in the span of mere seconds, or think at speeds that the electricity from their human bodies shouldn’t be able to process whatsoever, that point makes no sense.

Also the paneling shows her firing the bullet, her final bullet per her words, then Shigaraki moving. So she’s in inbetween shots, has inner dialogue, then fires and hits him as his arm is going down.

This is grounds for a speed upgrade as I was saying before. The subsonic number IS completely arbitrary but also an extreme lowball. We should use hypersonic since that's what the fastest jets can go at irl and America in mha has probably way faster jets so it's a safe place to put him at.

This is grounds for a speed upgrade as I was saying before. The subsonic number IS completely arbitrary but also an extreme lowball. We should use hypersonic since that's what the fastest jets can go at irl and America in mha has probably way faster jets so it's a safe place to put him at.
His flight speed shouldn’t be compared to his actual arm movement here. The FTE feat is the easiest thing to directly compare here as it’s arm movement vs arm movement, not arm vs outflying.

ngl broski, you sent a feat from 40 chapters before the Nagant feat so it really don't matter since Shigaraki again, was way weaker here, plus again, blud didn't even have speed lines on his arm, I doubt he was moving at FTE speeds

again, ignoring my other point. I'll re write it for you: We also dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a highball. You could say that "its in panel order" but honestly when the panel flips back to shigaraki the panel would likely be going into past tense before Nagant's bullet was shot, cause there is NO WAY shigaraki would be able to scream "NAAAGAGANT" in a 0.0355685 second timeframe.

Shigaraki, while dying and in a weaker key with a far more damaged body, was still FTE when he tried to pass off New Order to someone.

Why would his even stronger version, trying to slam its hand down in a fit of rage, not still be FTE. It is the AFO part of his body trying to madly and last second kill everyone while being absolutely pissed that Nagant would dare to change sides this late in the game, why would he not be trying to slam his hand down as fast as he could when one of his hands had already been shot off?

Also, are we really trying to say that “vocal time” matters in anime/manga, especially for him just screaming? People can have entire dialogues in the span of mere seconds, or think at speeds that the electricity from their human bodies shouldn’t be able to process whatsoever, that point makes no sense.

Also the paneling shows her firing the bullet, her final bullet per her words, then Shigaraki moving. So she’s in inbetween shots, has inner dialogue, then fires and hits him as his arm is going down.

This feat shouldn't even be considered FTE, from all I can see he blitzes the reaction speed of a random which isn't FTE, we don't know the distance he began the blitz. BUT it doesn't matter cause we dont know if Shigaraki is moving fast in the original Nagant calculation

Yeah, I understand your point but if shi don't make sense it don't make sense, I reckon a 1 second timeframe is fair since he was literally yelling after the bullet was shot, you can't just say "this is common in anime" and act like the feat should still be allowed, if it makes no sense it makes no sense, no debating here.
okay pal, dont get it twisted, I didn't want your help since you accepted this calc in the first place

Also if “speaking” means that timeframes are longer, then did Shigaraki take like 3 full seconds to make this turn in the air with Gearshift Deku looking right at him and doing nothing before using Smokescreen.

This feat shouldn't even be considered FTE, from all I can see he blitz the reaction speed of a random which isn't FTE, we don't know the distance he began the blitz. BUT it doesn't matter cause we dont know if Shigaraki is moving fast in the original Nagant calculation

Yeah, I understand your point but if shi don't make sense it don't make sense, I reckon a 1 second timeframe is fair since he was literally yelling after the bullet was shot, you can't just say "this is common in anime" and act like the feat should still be allowed, if it makes no sense it makes no sense, no debating here.
He blitzed him from across the apartment complex while he was staring right at Shigaraki.

Explain the above feat. Do you believe Prime All Might is slower than the speed of sound because Shigaraki can speak part of sentence during his movements?

ngl broski, you sent a feat from 40 chapters before the Nagant feat so it really don't matter since Shigaraki again, was way weaker here, plus again, blud didn't even have speed lines on his arm, I doubt he was moving at FTE speeds

again, ignoring my other point. I'll re write it for you: We also dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a highball. You could say that "its in panel order" but honestly when the panel flips back to shigaraki the panel would likely be going into past tense before Nagant's bullet was shot, cause there is NO WAY shigaraki would be able to scream "NAAAGAGANT" in a 0.0355685 second timeframe.

This feat shouldn't even be considered FTE, from all I can see he blitzes the reaction speed of a random which isn't FTE, we don't know the distance he began the blitz. BUT it doesn't matter cause we dont know if Shigaraki is moving fast in the original Nagant calculation

okay pal, dont get it twisted, I didn't want your help since you accepted this calc in the first place
Shigaraki was NOT way weaker vs deku than when he was vs sns. Everything else Kingofwolves999 covered.

Also if “speaking” means that timeframes are longer, then did Shigaraki take like 3 full seconds to make this turn in the air with Gearshift Deku looking right at him and doing nothing before using Smokescreen.

He blitzed him from across the apartment complex while he was staring right at Shigaraki.

Explain the above feat. Do you believe Prime All Might is slower than the speed of sound because Shigaraki can speak part of sentence during his movements?

erm, I can't tell whats happening here but what I can tell you is if the mofo yells "NAGGAANT" its likely that when the scenes switched back to him, the bullet wasn't fired meaning the timeframe is actually way way higher, we should wait for an anime adaptation before giving mha sub rel+ feats./

Shi, still, again, my other point stands, how do we know the mofo is moving fast here or trying to move fast.

Your personal doubt literally doesn't matter. He blitzed a standard human. That's textbook FTE movement

Also Shigaraki was definitely weaker in this moment compared to when Nagant shot him. He was literally on the verge of death in the former, while in the latter he was just generally weakened but still able to make quick movements and didn't stop to take breaths like he did when he landed at the house of the two randos.
You do realize saying things in timeframes they realistically shouldn't be able to is a common anime trope, right?
You literally just explained what FTE movement is
You literally can though. This is in fact a common thing in anime, and never once has it been treated as an actual anti-feat. Also you don't decide whether or not something's up for debate, thank you very much.
You're still gonna get my input tho so tough luck I suppose

Sorry but isn't small movements like moving your arm constantly faster than peoples travel speeds?
No, sometimes people have faster travel speed. That is a highly variable thing, especially since Shigaraki was so heavily neefed, so maybe his travel was the one thing that he could keep up.

Also, his FTE feat is when he’s at his absolute weakest from losing likely dozens of his Quirks and many explosions in his body, and we should always use the version of the character at their worst if we’re comparing “nerfed vs nerfed.” That’s why we call it a safe lowball.
erm, I can't tell whats happening here but what I can tell you is if the mofo yells "NAGGAANT" its likely that when the scenes switched back to him, the bullet wasn't fired meaning the timeframe is actually way way higher, we should wait for an anime adaptation before giving mha sub rel+ feats./

Shi, still, again, my other point stands, how do we know the mofo is moving fast here or trying to move fast.
He’s spinning in the air and talking. Do you think he spun that entire way in the span it took to speak that sentence? If so you think Prime All Might level Shigaraki is slower than his own words and thus sound.

Prove the bullet wasn’t fired yet when she claims it’s her last bullet and it shows her firing before he screams while still recoiling from her first two shots.

Your personal doubt literally doesn't matter. He blitzed a standard human. That's textbook FTE movement

Also Shigaraki was definitely weaker in this moment compared to when Nagant shot him. He was literally on the verge of death in the former, while in the latter he was just generally weakened but still able to make quick movements and didn't stop to take breaths like he did when he landed at the house of the two randos.

You do realize saying things in timeframes they realistically shouldn't be able to is a common anime trope, right?

You literally just explained what FTE movement is

You literally can though. This is in fact a common thing in anime, and never once has it been treated as an actual anti-feat. Also you don't decide whether or not something's up for debate, thank you very much.

You're still gonna get my input tho so tough luck I suppose
No it ain't, reaction blitzing a human ain't FTE in some cases using PHYSICS.

okay

yeah, I explained that this could have been in the past tense before NAGANT shot the bullet, meaning Shigaraki actually moved his arm way less then 90 degrees

blitzing someone can be superhuman speed to, which is why I don't really like things like using .029 since a mofo who blitzes someone from a 0.9 metres away ain't even FTE LOL

erm, dont put words in my mouth, I just think this debate is futile because of this point "this could have been in the past tense before NAGANT shot the bullet, meaning Shigaraki actually moved his arm way less then 90 degrees" meaning we need an anime for this feat

okay pal

FTE is literally an acronym for moving faster than the eye can see... Which we define as a blitz

The rest of this is purely conjectural or just arguing from personal feelings rather than having a solid backing.
and ? It don't make it subsonic

They have solid backing, I gave you multiple reasons as to why you should wait for an anime adaptation before putting this feat on the wiki. If you want the wiki to have calcs full of assumptions and highballs be my guest, but I don't think others will agree with you

and ? It don't make it subsonic
Baseline Subsonic is literally the starting point for FTE movement
They have solid backing, I gave you multiple reasons as to why you should wait for an anime adaptation before putting this feat on the wiki.
Your reasoning boiled down to:
  1. Using the fact that characters talk while doing way faster actions, a common trope in a number of anime, well outside just My Hero Academia
  2. Personal belief that Shigaraki had moved before Nagant's second shot, which is completely lacking in proof, and the fact that Shigaraki's movement came in a panel afterwards seems to indicate otherwise
  3. Saying FTE movement isn't Subsonic, which is patently false
If you want the wiki to have calcs full of assumptions and highballs be my guest, but I don't think others will agree with you
And that's why it was accepted, yes?

Believe me, this debate already happened sometime before you joined the wiki

They have actually, which is why it's on their page in the first place
So you agree that using highballs and calcs with many assumptions is good for the wiki ? Nice !! Seems like my fav verse is gonna get an upgrade

1. Using the fact that characters talk while doing way faster actions, a common trope in a number of anime, well outside just My Hero Academia
  2. Personal belief that Shigaraki had moved before Nagant's second shot, which is completely lacking in proof, and the fact that Shigaraki's movement came in a panel afterwards seems to indicate otherwise

Yeah but you can blitz a human from 1 metre away and via physics be considered human - superhuman speed wise

Shi, I guess we finna have to go with the highball and all the assumptions therefir made until the anime comes out, stop having a sook about it mate, many people are waiting for anime adaptations of feats that require a lot of assumptions, I can give you an example of the top of my head rn. Shi bro, you seem to have no patience if you cant wait for the anime

"this debate already happened sometime before you joined the wiki"

do you know of those who disagreed with the feat, could you tell me their names so I can message them, please.

"this debate already happened sometime before you joined the wiki"

do you know of those who disagreed with the feat, could you tell me their names so I can message them, please.
I did some digging, and this is what I found:
  • The thread that resulted in the Sub-Rel upgrade had no disagreements (and I believe the timeframe used was discussed)
  • This thread had also been made regarding the subject

Back