• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Only if he’s not strong enough to hold it, which he is, as he’s comparable to Thor (and has higher LS actually). He scales to Evolved Shigaraki who is stronger than Prime AM Shigaraki. And Deku could casually hold him off with one arm, let alone what he did to him after that. So Deku is stronger than 41.7 Teratons, Thor is stronger than 39.5 Teratons. So he could catch Stormbreaker and be fine.

And if by strength he means willpower than Deku would be able to hold it without question.
Does Deku have some resistance to Madness im not aware of or is this a weakness of Storm Breaker?

Does Deku have some resistance to Madness im not aware of or is this a weakness of Storm Breaker?
It’s a feature of it, as it’s stated by Thor “You simply lack the strength to wield them (about any weapons like Stormbreaker). Your bodies would crumble as your minds collapsed into madness.”

So it’s a matter of being strong enough to hold the weapon that lets you not go crazy and get crushed by it, and none of the Guardians are remotely as strong as Thor.

Also, that version of madness manip would fall under mind manipulation, which Deku resists with his own willpower on top of the other vestiges helping him.

It’s a feature of it, as it’s stated by Thor “You simply lack the strength to wield them (about any weapons like Stormbreaker). Your bodies would crumble as your minds collapsed into madness.”

So it’s a matter of being strong enough to hold the weapon that lets you not go crazy and get crushed by it, and none of the Guardians are remotely as strong as Thor.

Also, that version of madness manip would fall under mind manipulation, which Deku resists with his own willpower on top of the other vestiges helping him.
Ah ok. Tho on the resistance to Mind manip part, i don't think resisting mind control would equate to resisting madness even if they both fall under the same Mind manip umbrella. Same how resisting mind control would not save you from someone damaging or destroying your mind as the application are far too different

Ah ok. Tho on the resistance to Mind manip part, i don't think resisting mind control would equate to resisting madness even if they both fall under the same Mind manip umbrella. Same how resisting mind control would not save you from someone damaging or destroying your mind as the application are far too different
His mind resistance doesn’t just come from Shinso’s mind control, it comes from Shigaraki and AFO literally eroding the OFA world, which exists in their minds, with the vestiges and his own willpower to save people overpowering it.

Assuming the 60x multiplier goes through, who will be scaling to it aside from Current Deku & Shiggy (the 2 primes are excluded since their powers are undefined and boring respsectively to put in vs matches). Would Rewind AFO and consequently Tokoyami and Armored AM scales?

Assuming the 60x multiplier goes through, who will be scaling to it aside from Current Deku & Shiggy (the 2 primes are excluded since their powers are undefined and boring respsectively to put in vs matches). Would Rewind AFO and consequently Tokoyami and Armored AM scales?
Yes all those characters. Plus hawks sword and I believe bakugo should realistically be close too.

Yes all those characters. Plus hawks sword and I believe bakugo should realistically be close too.
Hawks sword? The same sword that only managed to break Weakened AFO's mask after multiple repeated strikes plus vibration amp from Jiro? Awakened Bakugou should be at most with his scaling considering his hits only managed to "sting" Shiggy, with barely any visible injuries that can't also be the result of heat

Should characters with more than one quirk receive some kind of madness resistance considering AFO can make people become mindless husks by just granting a lot of quirks to someone

Rewind AFO should not scale, bro’s durability is never shown to be impressive. It’s implied Mount Lady with Detnerat weapons was hurting him, let alone the Hawks sword. He only seems to get to that insane level of strength when he uses his Quirks at a level that destroys his body. Only Prime AFO should scale for obvious reasons.

Should characters with more than one quirk receive some kind of madness resistance considering AFO can make people become mindless husks by just granting a lot of quirks to someone

AFO and OFA users i don't think should get it since their quirk allow them to handle multiple quirk. The Nomu were bioengineered and modified specifically to handle quirks so they're not natural either. Some character were given an extra quirk but we don't know how many quirk it would take for someone to go cuckoo so i'm a bit iffy on them. The only character i can think of who naturally have a substantial amount of quirks without any special quirk or procedure that would allow them to handle them is Machia.

Deku actually has higher LS than Mob as well. Hm.

???% would be way stronger than even Deku’s upscaling, but if he uses Gearshift then Mob would get smacked.
Spirit based possession, high low regen and passive accelerated development goes hard tho. And how much is the difference between Fajin and ???'s dura

Spirit based possession, high low regen and passive accelerated development goes hard tho. And how much is the difference between Fajin and ???'s dura
High low won’t much matter if Deku goes for the head and is murder blitzing him. Possession negs tho.

Difference would be around 3x with Overdrive since Mob is way stronger than Toichiro’s full power (68.66 Teratons) and Deku being stronger than 41.7 Teratons, up to 208.5 Teratons with Overdrive (which he does spam in character).

Either way it’s probably possession gg. Though if Deku gets Gearshift off then he has three levels of speed amp on top of Fa Jin, so Mob literally won’t be able to perceive him and will just get Overdrived to death.

I don’t see Accelerated Development on his page, but if you mean the energy absorbing thing, idk how much stronger that makes him or how fast.

Hawks sword? The same sword that only managed to break Weakened AFO's mask after multiple repeated strikes plus vibration amp from Jiro? Awakened Bakugou should be at most with his scaling considering his hits only managed to "sting" Shiggy, with barely any visible injuries that can't also be the result of heat
Hawks literally stabbed through young afo's shoulder. And that afo is even stronger than prime afo.

Rewind AFO should not scale, bro’s durability is never shown to be impressive. It’s implied Mount Lady with Detnerat weapons was hurting him, let alone the Hawks sword. He only seems to get to that insane level of strength when he uses his Quirks at a level that destroys his body. Only Prime AFO should scale for obvious reasons.
This doesn't make sense, rewind afo (the first time he rewinded) would be the same version that fought prime allmight. He would definitely scale to prime allmight. It's clear that prime afo and prime allmight were basically equals, since both left their encounter extremely injured.

This doesn't make sense, rewind afo (the first time he rewinded) would be the same version that fought prime allmight. He would definitely scale to prime allmight. It's clear that prime afo and prime allmight were basically equals, since both left their encounter extremely injured.
So is your suggestion that his durability is the same as when he fought All Might, but as he gets younger, his durability decreases while his power rises? Because the younger he gets the more Shigaraki’s hatred effects him, the more power he can draw from his Quirks (which are the same Quirks he used vs Endeavor just unbound by his body’s limitations).

My main point is that no one would scale to that initial Prime AFO, except I suppose Tokoyami, who managed to overpower and keep him down enough he de-aged.

So is your suggestion that his durability is the same as when he fought All Might, but as he gets younger, his durability decreases while his power rises? Because the younger he gets the more Shigaraki’s hatred effects him, the more power he can draw from his Quirks (which are the same Quirks he used vs Endeavor just unbound by his body’s limitations).

My main point is that no one would scale to that initial Prime AFO, except I suppose Tokoyami, who managed to overpower and keep him down enough he de-aged.
Why would his durability drop?

Prime AFO and Rewind AFO have no reason to physically scale to Prime All Might.

Considering everything we know, I'm 90% certain Prime All Might was vastly stronger than AFO during their fight. We have no reason to assume AFO was physically comparable to him and was able to take hits from him. For all we know All Might only landed one direct hit, which was the face crusher.

And Rewind AFO doesn't scale to Prime AFO anyway. Their Quirks are completely different from each other, Rewind AFO is just stronger than his Weakened self. He doesn't have the same Quirks as he use to, as Gran Torino stated his Quirks are completely different compared to when he fought All Might.

AFO has to be inferior to All Might as well, since it'd be impossible for All Might to win if AFO was equal to him and has thousands of more abilities. AFO considers the power of One For All to be greater than anything in the world, including New Order. So I highly doubt he could match Prime All Might in strength.

Or what, does AFO thinks becoming 2x stronger is godly?

We have no idea what kind of Quirk was used to blow a hole into All Might. The most we can say is that Prime AFO's AP would scale due to that feat. But his Striking Strength and Durability has zero reason to scale at all. Honestly, I'm still an avid supporter of getting rid of AFO's damn prime key due to how unknown it is.

We see in Vigilantes that AFO tries to purposefully avoid attracting All Might's attention, he's afraid of him and knows he can't defeat him. It seems like AFO's whole research into Nomu was so he could defeat All Might. Probably why the surgery Shiggy got was originally meant for AFO.

Rewind AFO could be weaker or vastly stronger than his Prime self, we just don't know and shouldn't make assumptions on this stuff. Maybe we'll get more information in the future, but right now I'm heavily against scaling Rewind AFO to Prime All Might just because.

We need actual direct link between them, not an assumption because we feel like it makes sense or whatever.

I mean, if AFO was actually, physically as powerful as All Might, without factoring in Quirks, then Shigaraki getting a Prime All Might body and being proud of it would be quite pointless now wouldn’t it?

I’m pretty sure AFO used Quirks to mess up All Might and not get directly hit, but the second All Might got a good punch in, his head got turned to paste.

Considering everything we know, I'm 90% certain Prime All Might was vastly stronger than AFO during their fight. We have no reason to assume AFO was physically comparable to him and was able to take hits from him. For all we know All Might only landed one direct hit, which was the face crusher.

And Rewind AFO doesn't scale to Prime AFO anyway. Their Quirks are completely different from each other, Rewind AFO is just stronger than his Weakened self. He doesn't have the same Quirks as he use to, as Gran Torino stated his Quirks are completely different compared to when he fought All Might.

AFO has to be inferior to All Might as well, since it'd be impossible for All Might to win if AFO was equal to him and has thousands of more abilities. AFO considers the power of One For All to be greater than anything in the world, including New Order. So I highly doubt he could match Prime All Might in strength.

We have no idea what kind of Quirk was used to blow a hole into All Might. The most we can say is that Prime AFO's AP would scale due to that feat. But his Striking Strength and Durability has zero reason to scale at all. Honestly, I'm still an avid supporter of getting rid of AFO's damn prime key due to how unknown it is.

We see in Vigilantes that AFO tries to purposefully avoid attracting All Might's attention, he's afraid of him and knows he can't defeat him. It seems like AFO's whole research into Nomu was so he could defeat All Might. Probably why the surgery Shiggy got was originally meant for AFO.

Rewind AFO could be weaker or vastly stronger than his Prime self, we just don't know and shouldn't make assumptions on this stuff. Maybe we'll get more information in the future, but right now I'm heavily against scaling Rewind AFO to Prime All Might just because.

We need actual direct link between them, not an assumption because we feel like it makes sense or whatever.
I mean we see a prime afo seemingly no diff nana shimura who had the help of a prime gran torino and a young allmight, which then they had to leave because there was nothing they could do to afo. And it seems disingenuous to say that somehow prime afo was so much weaker from prime allmight because we didn't see the fight or have a direct statement when we can clearly see that they both came out of the fight almost similarly injured, and then seeing as weakened afo and weakened allmight were also on par with each other it's clear that afo in his prime would also be on par with allmight in his prime, unless you think allmight didn't extremely weaken afo in the first fight when he permanently disfigured afos face which wouldn't make sense then because he shouldn't have gotten that badly hurt by afo and he should have also caught him.

Yeah Prime AFO's Dura, StriStren and LS should just be upscale from his Weakened self due to how baseless they are. If we weren't an indexing site first, I'd love to see AFO'S Prime key removed

I mean we see a prime afo seemingly no diff nana shimura who had the help of a prime gran torino and a young allmight, which then they had to leave because there was nothing they could do to afo. And it seems disingenuous to say that somehow prime afo was so much weaker from prime allmight because we didn't see the fight or have a direct statement when we can clearly see that they both came out of the fight almost similarly injured, and then seeing as weakened afo and weakened allmight were also on par with each other it's clear that afo in his prime would also be on par with allmight in his prime, unless you think allmight didn't extremely weaken afo in the first fight when he permanently disfigured afos face which wouldn't make sense then because he shouldn't have gotten that badly hurt by afo and he should have also caught him.
Also, if afo had such a powerful hax quirk that could weaken prime allmight so much. Why didn't he use it again in their rematch? Also, you can't just assume that afo had an unbelievably powerful hax quirk with no evidence or reason.

Hawks literally stabbed through young afo's shoulder. And that afo is even stronger than prime afo.
AFO hasn't been shown using any defensive quirks. Not even Impact Recoil which could have easily negged Mt Lady, Tokoyami, and Gigantomachia.

I think rather than "mountain level swords", "mountain level syringe💉" or the assumption that AFO's helmet is somehow more durable than his Prime self, it's pretty obvious that post-rewind, AFO wasn't as concerned with defence.

For someone whose stats come from whatever quirks he activates, one can't just assume he is at max level durability.

Same way we can't assume each of his attacks is max level especially when each attack involves different quirks or different combinations of quirks.
Those quirks or combinations would never all have the same power same way the people they were taken from didn't have the same power levels.

Back