• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I mean that was kinda expected since Mirio and the rest are just regular humans without any physical enhancements in-universe.

The Spinner stuff just stood out to me cause he already had like 3 extra quirks active which all seemed to boost strength & durability.
Not that strange to me honestly. If AFO was willing to hand those out they must not have been very good individually.

One thing is for sure, I don't want Hori to make statements or comparisons like this, ever again.

The next thing would be a random character comparing the power of Deku's punches to that of a nuclear warhead.
"Impossible!....His fists!....They're like exploding grenades!..."

Of all things I think Deku's power is safe. His feats are abysmal but Horikoshi knows how strong he is simply by comparing him to All Might, so no "He can even destroy a building!" bullshit

By the end of this fight Deku is gonna be multi cont. Speed wise, I don’t see anything significant happening, Horikoshi sucks with speed feats.

And other great jokes you can tell your friends
This storm cloud is covering all of japan and even reaching over to the united states lol, in almost every cloud dispersion feat Horikoshi has conceived they’ve been dispersed in a few frames or a single panel. There’s no way this feat doesnt hit multi cont.
In my personal opinion I see this storm covering the globe.

Last edited:
I wish Horikoshi would just go ham with the feats and visuals for this final battle, like just full on OPM level. Cuz as it stands, the Star&Stripes fight is still more impressive than what we have currently. The entire country is practically devoid of civilians, the empty sky is there, they could go out to the open ocean or some empty island and just let loose without fear of collateral damage, perform a High 6-A FTL feat or sth, i dont care if its inconsistent or an outlier, i just want it to look cool

I wonder if Hori pull a Fire Force and have Deku out of nowhere kick away the moon or some shit, how will this thread react

Pretty sure even OPM had a few dumbass speed statement that the fanbase is choosing to ignore lol
The Garou timer was definitely ignored especially since it started really low and gradually escalated.

But when it was low, Metal Bat couldn't even see Garou and thought it was King's attack that hit Platinum Sperm.

That's kind of egregious especially for base Metal Bat if he couldn't even perceive someone moving at such low speeds. That timer would also affect everyone who fought that version of Garou including Bang and Darkshine. Even guys like Orochi.

Record of Ragnarok did a gradually increasing speed timer better anyways, i think we all know the feat...

I'm fine with this.
MHA and Hori, while not exactly showering us with speed feats have been somewhat consistent with their information. When someone moves fast, it often takes a visual toll on them, such as Deku and Shigaraki's faces being pushed back by the wind...
ZOazrbl.png
w7FTXb4.png

This concept was also introduced in Vigilante.
YrmdZII.png

Hori probably considers a character like Edgeshot incredibly fast in short bursts as he can circumvent this obstacle with his quirk (Mirio could too, technically).
Reaching and surpassing transonic speeds is actually wild, and it's not shocking this is Horikoshi's idea of their speed. It seems like he has a pretty large emphasis on immediate acceleration, and then the air working against them, which is pretty realistic. Such as Bakugo clearly breaking the sound barrier while using his cluster move, but aside from that burst, he's likely slower than Iida wholistically, who can maintain higher speeds for longer periods.

For those interested, Thanatoseraph did a breakdown over at SpaceBattles :)

Last edited:
I'm fine with this.
MHA and Hori, while not exactly showering us with speed feats have been somewhat consistent with their information. When someone moves fast, it often takes a visual toll on them, such as Deku and Shigaraki's faces being pushed back by the wind...
ZOazrbl.png
w7FTXb4.png

This concept was also introduced in Vigilante.
YrmdZII.png

Hori probably considers a character like Edgeshot incredibly fast in short bursts as he can circumvent this obstacle with his quirk (Mirio could too, technically).
Reaching and surpassing transonic speeds is actually wild, and it's not shocking this is Horikoshi's idea of their speed. It seems like he has a pretty large emphasis on immediate acceleration, and then the air working against them, which is pretty realistic. Such as Bakugo clearly breaking the sound barrier while using his cluster move, but aside from that burst, he's likely slower than Iida wholistically, who can maintain higher speeds for longer periods.

For those interested, Thanatoseraph did a breakdown over at SpaceBattles :)
You can also look at Mirio losing his quirk, bullet punches Rappa blitzing Kirishima and Fatgum, 100kmh Machia and Deku not crossing 200km in a short time for more instances of Horikoshi’s idea of his character’s speeds.

Maybe MHA suffer from the Spiderman effect where characters can only travel at their top speed for short burst and outside of that their movement speed is abysmal compared to their combat speed. Kinda like how Raiden from MGR can hopscotch missiles in a weaker body but somehow barely kept up with a train and can't travel faster than Mach 2

Maybe MHA suffer from the Spiderman effect where characters can only travel at their top speed for short burst and outside of that their movement speed is abysmal compared to their combat speed. Kinda like how Raiden from MGR can hopscotch missiles in a weaker body but somehow barely kept up with a train and can't travel faster than Mach 2
Seems like cope, Goku could fly all the way to blitz Nagants bullets travel speed feat. Cope 🗣️

Deku not crossing 200km in a short time for more instances of Horikoshi’s idea of his character’s speeds.
The last example involves Deku being handicapped and only being able to rely on his finger smashes to propel him through the air...

This is so incredibly inefficient, even disregarding air resistance, that realistically, he should be capable of moving dozens of times faster if he was on land and had the chance to sprint that 200 km.

The last example involves Deku being handicapped and only being able to rely on his finger smashes to propel him through the air...

This is so incredibly inefficient, even disregarding air resistance, that realistically, he should be capable of moving dozens of times faster if he was on land and had the chance to sprint that 200 km.
Couldn’t deku dodge nagants bullets with his finger smashes?

Couldn’t deku dodge nagants bullets with his finger smashes?
I think we're discussing travel speed.

Deku himself said that if he was able to use black whip and faux 100%, it "would do the trick" in regards to getting to Shigaraki. Instead, he's left using float and flicking, had nothing to latch onto, to stand on, and has to save gearshift for later.
It made sense for him to fly relatively slowly compared to what he's otherwise capable of.

I think we're discussing travel speed.

Deku himself said that if he was able to use black whip and faux 100%, it "would do the trick" in regards to getting to Shigaraki. Instead, he's left using float and flicking, had nothing to latch onto, to stand on, and has to save gearshift for later.
It made sense for him to fly relatively slowly compared to what he's otherwise capable of.
I am too, if he’s dodging with his flicks, then he’s propelling himself faster than her bullets. Its still travel speed.

I am too, if he’s dodging with his flicks, then he’s propelling himself faster than her bullets. Its still travel speed.
Not necessarily faster than the bullets, but fast enough to avoid them, sure.
If you're not talking about the sequence where he literally outpaced Nagant's bullet, the other sequences fall under combat speed.

But we're more so discussing crossing larger distances. Not some quick meters.

Last edited:
Highly doubt Deku is that fast with finger flicks. Barely supersonic. Probably just around the same speed as current Iida.

Cause Deku seemed to have taken 5 to 10 minutes to get to UA.

Even if we assume the conversation with Toga was longer and consumed close to 5 minutes, the least possible time Deku took to cover the 200km would still be around 5 min.

That's around Mach 2.

His running speed on land/superleaping/Black Whip Spider-Man shit should obviously be faster but it's probably still in the supersonic ranges of travel speed.

At least according to Deku, the real speed comes from Faux 100% and the gap between 45% speed and Faux 100% is astronomical just from the feats.

While 30-45% is great and all, it still seems to be in the same range as other hightiers in the cast but Faux 100% is basically unmatched to this day.

Highly doubt Deku is that fast with finger flicks. Barely supersonic. Probably just around the same speed as current Iida.

Even if we assume the conversation with Toga was longer and consumed close to 5 minutes, the least possible time Deku took to cover the 200km would still be around 5 min.

That's around Mach 2.

His running speed on land/superleaping/Black Whip Spider-Man shit should obviously be faster but it's probably still in the supersonic ranges of travel speed.

At least according to Deku, the real speed comes from Faux 100% and the gap between 45% speed and Faux 100% is astronomical just from the feats.

While 30-45% is great and all, it still seems to be in the same range as other hightiers in the cast but Faux 100% is basically unmatched to this day.
Deku with blackwhip swinging was easily outspeeding fighter jets and massively outspeeding Jiro's sound

Not necessarily faster than the bullets, but fast enough to avoid them, sure.
If you're not talking about the sequence where he literally outpaced Nagant's bullet, the other sequences fall under combat speed.

But we're more so discussing crossing larger distances. Not some quick meters.
Oh im not saying he’s equal to them but he could avoid them in close range, he’s at least relative.
Why is him dodging them with his flicks considered combat speed? It’s the same move he used to traverse the ocean, it should be no different.

That's around Mach 2.

For the record we are given a (maybe?) official timeframe for Deku's arrival at UA. The promotional game for volume 37/38 has the maximum timeframe for Deku's arrival at like 2 minutes

I have to ask, does All Might have some low level healing factor? The guy coughs up blood all the time and as far as we know, he heals without needing any medical help.

I know it's a gag most of the times but would it count?

Coughing up maybe a cup's worth of blood every once in a while isn't grounds for a regeneration addition. We already regenerate our blood at relatively high speeds with the right nutrients

For the record we are given a (maybe?) official timeframe for Deku's arrival at UA. The promotional game for volume 37/38 has the maximum timeframe for Deku's arrival at like 2 minutes
If it's 2 minutes it would put him right below hypersonic travel speed. Still supersonic but pretty much the fastest in that speed range - Mach 5.

Then it could be guessed that moving on land/using Black Whip could be hypersonic while Faux 100% is beyond that.

Back