• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

outlier
All might prime had problems lifting up a building
It’s been accepted and the TH AM also stopped multiple steel pillars moving at high speeds, resulting in Class T, I could make a class T calc for all might compressing the area he did his USOS on, despite him having like .01% of OFA left
He also has been known to hold back, around civilians, he’s struggling with the strength he can use without killing everyone in the area
not everything is outlier man, its where the feats fall, AM during that time was the God Tier of the verse.

An outlier would be 5% preforming a town Level feat stronger than Bakugou’s Howizter impact in WHM, which we all know to be stronger

Because the entire thing has a literal shockwave effect and is off balance? Also because UA was on the ground and it now has been pushed over the sea. (Unless my depth perception is wrong)

Given that it’s MY calc I’ll just my own measurements
given that the energy came from Tamaki on the ground and it’s explosion like
7410^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, rounding up it’s 32.7 megatons of tnt which Shigaraki takes to the face
Or if you want the air formula
(7.41 / .28 ) ^ 3 / 1000 = 18.53 Megatons

Both are solidly in city level, Tamaki’s plasma cannon outside of name has no reason to be assumed to be full solid compact plasma so none of the energy stuff (if we could, I believe it’s island? Large island? Have to go find it).

Either way it’s above the Low 7-B You think MHA should be stuck at
Is this calc hypothetically applicable? I mean, an explosion shouldn't also be more... "thick" and not just pure diameter?

outlier
All might prime had problems lifting up a building
Scans? Or more accurately, can you tell me where this happened? Because I have no such memory.

Even if this was somehow true (Doubt it), Weakened All Might has far more impressive feats such as being able to one hand lift a Zero Pointer with zero effort. Which would weigh far more than a building, even without calculating it. The thing is bigger than the average building.

That isn't Prime All Might.

That's young All Might, who's still a complete joke to Prime AFO. He doesn't fight AFO until his forties, where he should be massively stronger. He still wearing the same outfit from when Nana was alive, in fact I'm certain he's still 18 there as well.

Yeah no that isn't an anti feat. Prime All Might is Golden Age All Might, basically he looks the same as Chapter 1 All Might. Just he doesn't go Small Might.

that’s not him in his prime, that’s him while he’s training in America to get to his prime. His current power there was literally called a joke to AFO since it would be comparable to Nana’s more than it would be to Deku’s.

oh is this the part where you go “I was only pretending to give a dumb argument, get baited” or is that after a couple more posts
Oh, of course not! (not totally) I DO think Class P MHA is silly and probably an outlier

I just couldn't think of an example of why it is. I just think that type of calculations should only be used to measure AP, he is not... lifting anything, just stopping something.

Oh, of course not! (not totally) I DO think Class P MHA is silly and probably an outlier

I just couldn't think of an example of why it is. I just think that type of calculations should only be used to measure AP, he is not... lifting anything, just stopping something.
Since when was stopping something an AP feat? Always thought it applied to LS.

Lifting Strength is a constant motion.

Wolfram and All Might and Deku are clearly undergoing a constant struggle. It stops being Striking Strength after a single instant. If they continue to keep pushing then it becomes lifting strength. Which is what this is being shown as.

Even ignoring that, striking strength does carry force and being able to withstand that force would count as Lifting Strength. Such as Muscular being able to withstand a 100% Smash, which carries Class P force, without being sent flying. Or All For One being able to catch All Might's punches as well.

100% Deku and All Might get into "Lifting Strength" struggles with them. Meaning they do indeed scale to this Lifting Strength value.

Also I'd like to say that Lifting Strength isn't literally just lifting, since this wiki accepts crushing, jumping, and restraining as LS feats as well.

Last edited:
Lifting Strength is a constant motion.

Wolfram and All Might and Deku are clearly undergoing a constant struggle. It stops being Striking Strength after a single instant. If they continue to keep pushing then it becomes lifting strength. Which is what this is being shown as.

Even ignoring that, striking strength does carry force and being able to withstand that force would count as Lifting Strength. Such as Muscular being able to withstand a 100% Smash, which carries Class P force, without being sent flying. Or All For One being able to catch All Might's punches as well.

100% Deku and All Might get into "Lifting Strength" struggles with them. Meaning they do indeed scale to this Lifting Strength value.

Also I'd like to say that Lifting Strength isn't literally just lifting, since this wiki accepts crushing, jumping, and restraining as LS feats as well.
wait, I don't fully understand it, under that logic, stopping blows with blows shouldn't always serve both as an AP feat and as a lifting strength? Even when many times it is noted in fiction that they are not the same?

wait, I don't fully understand it, under that logic, stopping blows with blows shouldn't always serve both as an AP feat and as a lifting strength? Even when many times it is noted in fiction that they are not the same?
If two people's fist hit each other and continue to push against each other then yes that is indeed lifting strength as well.

If they just hit each other's fist and don't push against each other then that isn't lifting strength.

Izuku and All Might don't just punch Wolfram's cube, they also continue to apply force to it after the initial punch. A punch only last for a instant moment, after that Deku and All Might begin to struggling against Wolfram. Meaning this does indeed apply for lifting strength.

Edit: I admit that maybe I'm not the best to explain this.

Last edited:
If two people's fist hit each other and continue to push against each other then yes that is indeed lifting strength as well.

If they just hit each other's fist and don't push against each other then that isn't lifting strength.

Izuku and All Might don't just punch Wolfram's cube, they also continue to apply force to it after the initial punch. A punch only last for a instant moment, after that Deku and All Might begin to struggling against Wolfram. Meaning this does indeed apply for lifting strength.

Edit: I admit that maybe I'm not the best to explain this.
So... Is weakened AFO with the big arm the strongest character in terms of LS ?

So... Is weakened AFO with the big arm the strongest character in terms of LS ?
Nope. Weakened AFO didn't even overpower All Might, he used Impact Recoil to send that force back into All Might's arm.

They were actually kind of even with each other until he used impact recoil. Also All Might was fainting him out anyway, he used his right arm as bait and switch the power at the last second to his left. His full power wasn't put into his strike until the United States of Smash.

Last edited:
I’m not really surprised at Class P top tiers since MHA has so many solid LS feats that it’s consistently backed how much the characters can lift

Best Jeanist with nothing more than denim strings can easily stop a building from falling

Captain Celebrity can lift a cruise ship out of the water with one hand

Shigaraki was capable of tilting and rocking the entire UA construct by simply jumping

10% Deku can easily lift multiple robots in mid air with no leverage

Back