• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We are never going lower than 7-A+ even if the storm density was nerfed to oblivion.
just remember the quick KE you did with my drugged up math gave nearly 8 teratons with 1.003 kg/m3, doing 7900 / 1.003 x .88 got me 693 gigatons for each participant

If you were to pick 3 quirks to combine to make a powerful one to surpass One For All, which three are you picking? No overly haxxy ones (New Order, Rewind)

I’m gonna go with:
Pump Up (The strength enhancement is on par with OFA alone, and can further amp one’s strength)
Overclock (Fastest quirk so far in series: can manipulate one’s own reactions, perception and speed to move so fast everyone seems frozen)
Air Walk (Just cause why not, flying sounds pretty fun)
Also to answer this myself
Pump Up (got that OFA strength)
Super regeneration (Mitigates all damage)
and Explosion (Cluster boosted Bakugou’s speed to shigaraki’s, when he’s normally far slower, if I enhance my legs with pump up up to OFA’s level of speed I can go even further beyond, super Regen mitigates any possible damage cluster could do to me)

Under Deku's weakness section:

"One For All can potentially be stolen if the thief's will is stronger than the user's own will." When was this stated?

Also, I think I'm going to rewrite Deku's IQ section it doesn't reflect his actual IQ in the show also give him that genius rating he deserves for pre final act

It's actually if they have enough hate then they can steal it

It's why Shigaraki was picked and groomed as a vessel

So like….I think in the newest chapter that Deku is close to using 100%
From the way his hair looks id say he’s at 75%

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mapl3Sy4up/Tamaki’s_Dr._Doom_impression

Tamaki Plasma Cannon calc got accepted, so higher into Class T and I guess High 7-A Tamaki?
Ye

I'm surprised my calculation was actually useful could have drugged it up but that would be dishonest, Given Tamaki didn't budge from the force it released back onto him he also could scale as well? (Idk how it works)

I'm waiting for @Therefir to look at some other stuff, like something I really think I did wrong (just to see if it's worth anything), and two more calcs for Heroes Rising, using the Full Explosion Size for the Ex-Catapult and Nine deleting the mass of rocks Mineta, Ochako and Sero sent and crushed him under. (I got higher tier 8 for both, but I might have measured wrong).

Last edited:
Why is it assumed that the plasma beam pushed UA, but even though Tamaki did not show recoil and maybe it is just an effect of the beam accelerating?
Because the entire thing has a literal shockwave effect and is off balance? Also because UA was on the ground and it now has been pushed over the sea. (Unless my depth perception is wrong)
Why not just calculate the energy that the plasma beam itself have?
Given that it’s MY calc I’ll just my own measurements
given that the energy came from Tamaki on the ground and it’s explosion like
7410^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, rounding up it’s 32.7 megatons of tnt which Shigaraki takes to the face
Or if you want the air formula
(7.41 / .28 ) ^ 3 / 1000 = 18.53 Megatons

Both are solidly in city level, Tamaki’s plasma cannon outside of name has no reason to be assumed to be full solid compact plasma so none of the energy stuff (if we could, I believe it’s island? Large island? Have to go find it).

Either way it’s above the Low 7-B You think MHA should be stuck at

Because the entire thing has a literal shockwave effect and is off balance? Also because UA was on the ground and it now has been pushed over the sea. (Unless my depth perception is wrong)

Given that it’s MY calc I’ll just my own measurements
given that the energy came from Tamaki on the ground and it’s explosion like
7410^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, rounding up it’s 32.7 megatons of tnt which Shigaraki takes to the face
Or if you want the air formula
(7.41 / .28 ) ^ 3 / 1000 = 18.53 Megatons

Both are solidly in city level, Tamaki’s plasma cannon outside of name has no reason to be assumed to be full solid compact plasma so none of the energy stuff (if we could, I believe it’s island? Large island? Have to go find it).

Either way it’s above the Low 7-B You think MHA should be stuck at
nah fam, 18 megatons makes sense considering that shigaraki is already stronger than all might prime

nah fam, 18 megatons makes sense considering that shigaraki is already stronger than all might prime
You want to bring it it Low 7-B which is 1 - 6.3 Megatons
this Shigaraki is prime might strength not the higher one we see in 367(?).
Tamaki would be the one scaling to 18 Or 32, Tomura scales far higher for taking it too the face with no issue

You want to bring it it Low 7-B which is 1 - 6.3 Megatons
this Shigaraki is prime might strength not the higher one we see in 367(?).
Tamaki would be the one scaling to 18 Or 32, Tomura scales far higher for taking it too the face with no issue
UA was already starting to get unbalanced before, and they mention something about one of the engines that powers UA failing due to the weight of shigaraki. I don't think it has to do with the plasma beam that Tamaki made

Also, I think Shigaraki didn't take all the damage from the plasma beam "head on", much of his huge arm must have helped him block the damage.

Alright, here is the draft for the revision for Deku's IQ section for pre-final act let me know if it needs something or if it can be improved

Also, don't judge it too hard

Gifted, Possibly Genius in combat: Deku has proven to be exceptionally intelligent on many occasions. He has also shown to be a quick learner, which has helped him figure out most of One For All's mechanisms in a short period of time and work around its limitations. He has displayed keen observation and analysis skills, coming up with a plan to escape dozens of villains when he was trapped on a boat. It's usually his intelligence that has helped him more than his Quirk. Gran Torino even complimented his intelligence, saying that Deku is the kind of person who thinks before he acts. His grades are one of the highest in his entire class, showing that his constant training with One For All doesn't interfere with his studies. Deku also possesses a borderline encyclopedic knowledge of superheroes, villains, and the overall world he lives in, making him resourceful as a result. His time at U.A. High School has helped him develop his own signature Shoot Style, allowing him to fight on par against opponents with many years of experience

• CQC/Shoot Style: Deku has shown to excel in close quarters combat, despite the weakness of OFA holding him back. During the Battle Trial arc, he was praised for his fighting skill despite not even showing off his quirk yet. He quickly dominated Bakugo in combat, easily predicting his moves and setting up his own even though Bakugo quickly overwhelmed him, but only due to the versatility and mobility of his quirk. During Deku Vs Todoroki shoto knew Deku couldn't do anything when it came close range, but Deku easily read on Todoroki's left side weakness and controlled his power and used a 5% smash to deliver a clean hit on him. During the Joint Training, Arc Deku was feared due to his powerful attacks and quick speed and his and ranged attacks made matters even worse for the opposing team once he got the smallest opening against Shinso he easily dodged and used his capture cloth to bind and trap him, thus winning the battle for his team. Then during the Shie Hassaikai Arc when overhaul fused with Nemoto and gained more power, Deku quickly updated this new fusion and used Shoot Style to block off any long ranged spikes from piercing him he even figured out the weakness of overhaul despite him just engaging in combat not long ago and used this to his advantage.
  • Creativity: Deku can be quite creative on multiple occasions during U.A. Sports Festival Arc he quickly analyzed the situation ahead of him, realizing Todoroki and Bakugo were so far ahead in the race he came up with a plan to propel himself at huge speeds using the landmines in the field to his advantage he even knew how many mines were at his disposal and how far they were into the ground when he realized he was losing speed he slammed the metal plate into the ground to blast himself forward yet again leaving behind Todoroki and Bakugo in the dust.
  • Great Analyst: Deku is known for his analytical skills, he developed analytical abilities that allowed him to accurately predict the movements of people like Lemillion, who was capable of casually outpacing the majority of Class 1-A. He laid out an entire plan to save Bakugo from the League of Villains and so, All Might, can go all out without worrying about hurting his students without breaking the Hero code and no injuries to his subordinates which ended up succeeding.
  • Fast to Adapt: Deku can adapt to his opponents at a fast rate, while he was losing against Bakugo during Quirk Apprehension Test Arc he came up with a plan to win while minimizing the damage to his surroundings and his classmates even Bakugo admitted that Deku "read him like a book" During the U.S.J arc All Might was out of power and had reached his limit then the villains proceed to try and attack him Deku quickly read the situation that he was in and was able to detect a weak spot in Kuroguri's quirk and was going to smash him away if it wasn't for Shigiraki's decay hands he even bought enough time for reinforcements to arrive and drove the villains away. He learned how to create multiple long-lasting Blackwhip strands in one week, when before he could barely hold even a single little Blackwhip strand together. Figured out the specifics of Flect Turn's Quirk easily and devised numerous forms to possibly get around it

UA was already starting to get unbalanced before, and they mention something about one of the engines that powers UA failing due to the weight of shigaraki. I don't think it has to do with the plasma beam that Tamaki made

It is, an angled shot, we see that the lower part is also at the same angle.
And yeah one of the engines was failing, but one entire engine isn’t enough to tip it to the point where we could see the bottom portion of it.
oh yeah and we’re on the side where one of the engine lights aren’t on, and as you can see a fair amount of them should be on that side with the image you gave, so it’s been tipped to the side on the side where the engines are on
Also, I think Shigaraki didn't take all the damage from the plasma beam "head on", much of his huge arm must have helped him block the damage.
His giant arm got destroyed by it, and he asked them directly if they really think such a “weak” attack would take out all might in his prime.
Alright, here is the draft for the revision for Deku's IQ section for pre-final act let me know if it needs something or if it can be improved

Also, don't judge it too hard

Gifted, Possibly Genius in combat: Deku has proven to be exceptionally intelligent on many occasions. He has also shown to be a quick learner, which has helped him figure out most of One For All's mechanisms in a short period of time and work around its limitations. He has displayed keen observation and analysis skills, coming up with a plan to escape dozens of villains when he was trapped on a boat. It's usually his intelligence that has helped him more than his Quirk. Gran Torino even complimented his intelligence, saying that Deku is the kind of person who thinks before he acts. His grades are one of the highest in his entire class, showing that his constant training with One For All doesn't interfere with his studies. Deku also possesses a borderline encyclopedic knowledge of superheroes, villains, and the overall world he lives in, making him resourceful as a result. His time at U.A. High School has helped him develop his own signature Shoot Style, allowing him to fight on par against opponents with many years of experience

• CQC/Shoot Style: Deku has shown to excel in close quarters combat, despite the weakness of OFA holding him back. During the Battle Trial arc, he was praised for his fighting skill despite not even showing off his quirk yet. He quickly dominated Bakugo in combat, easily predicting his moves and setting up his own even though Bakugo quickly overwhelmed him, but only due to the versatility and mobility of his quirk. During Deku Vs Todoroki shoto knew Deku couldn't do anything when it came close range, but Deku easily read on Todoroki's left side weakness and controlled his power and used a 5% smash to deliver a clean hit on him. During the Joint Training, Arc Deku was feared due to his powerful attacks and quick speed and his and ranged attacks made matters even worse for the opposing team once he got the smallest opening against Shinso he easily dodged and used his capture cloth to bind and trap him, thus winning the battle for his team. Then during the Shie Hassaikai Arc when overhaul fused with Nemoto and gained more power, Deku quickly updated this new fusion and used Shoot Style to block off any long ranged spikes from piercing him he even figured out the weakness of overhaul despite him just engaging in combat not long ago and used this to his advantage.
  • Creativity: Deku can be quite creative on multiple occasions during U.A. Sports Festival Arc he quickly analyzed the situation ahead of him, realizing Todoroki and Bakugo were so far ahead in the race he came up with a plan to propel himself at huge speeds using the landmines in the field to his advantage he even knew how many mines were at his disposal and how far they were into the ground when he realized he was losing speed he slammed the metal plate into the ground to blast himself forward yet again leaving behind Todoroki and Bakugo in the dust.
  • Great Analyst: Deku is known for his analytical skills, he developed analytical abilities that allowed him to accurately predict the movements of people like Lemillion, who was capable of casually outpacing the majority of Class 1-A. He laid out an entire plan to save Bakugo from the League of Villains and so, All Might, can go all out without worrying about hurting his students without breaking the Hero code and no injuries to his subordinates which ended up succeeding.
  • Fast to Adapt: Deku can adapt to his opponents at a fast rate, while he was losing against Bakugo during Quirk Apprehension Test Arc he came up with a plan to win while minimizing the damage to his surroundings and his classmates even Bakugo admitted that Deku "read him like a book" During the U.S.J arc All Might was out of power and had reached his limit then the villains proceed to try and attack him Deku quickly read the situation that he was in and was able to detect a weak spot in Kuroguri's quirk and was going to smash him away if it wasn't for Shigiraki's decay hands he even bought enough time for reinforcements to arrive and drove the villains away. He learned how to create multiple long-lasting Blackwhip strands in one week, when before he could barely hold even a single little Blackwhip strand together. Figured out the specifics of Flect Turn's Quirk easily and devised numerous forms to possibly get around it
Nice

It is, an angled shot, we see that the lower part is also at the same angle.
And yeah one of the engines was failing, but one entire engine isn’t enough to tip it to the point where we could see the bottom portion of it.
oh yeah and we’re on the side where one of the engine lights aren’t on, and as you can see a fair amount of them should be on that side with the image you gave

His giant arm got destroyed by it, and he asked them directly if they really think such a “weak” attack would take out all might in his prime.

Nice
I think that the engine failing is an important detail, they even mention that they are losing altitude

That would mean they would be going downwards, not tipping to the side
If the only thing that kept UA in the air and leveled were its engines, and now they are supporting something so heavy that it is making them lose altitude, and one of the engines gets damaged, the weight would not be unbalanced towards the place that is putting less support for the weight ?

If the only thing that kept UA in the air and leveled were its engines, and now they are supporting something so heavy that it is making them lose altitude, and one of the engines is damaged, the weight would not be unbalanced towards the place it is putting less support for the weight ?
The weight shows itself to be mostly on the right side, which is the side which we are on in the plasma beam image, of which, we again, are seeing being tilted up

I think not, it seems more on the side where it is unbalanced

That is
left Side (I apologize for getting my directions mixed up, place where I read he manga is mostly backwards)
either way we look the wide in which shigaraki’s weight is located is the wide which is tilted up. We are looking at a shot where Tamaki’s beam from the middle of UA, is travelling left, so we see it’s left side.

Since when is quirkless Shigaraki stronger than prime All Might. That seems like a misinterpretation. He wasn't even Prime All Might level before this fight and it is only now that he is getting statements of being on par with All Might physically.

He has never received any statements of being stronger than Prime AM.

Since when is quirkless Shigaraki stronger than prime All Might. That seems like a misinterpretation. He wasn't even Prime All Might level before this fight and it is only now that he is getting statements of being on par with All Might physically.

He has never received any statements of being stronger than Prime AM.

Shouldn't be stronger because of the big arm?

That is
left Side (I apologize for getting my directions mixed up, place where I read he manga is mostly backwards)
either way we look the wide in which shigaraki’s weight is located is the wide which is tilted up. We are looking at a shot where Tamaki’s beam from the middle of UA, is travelling left, so we see it’s left side.
Or could it just be the result of the "camera shot" being from a different angle ?

Putting multiple different feats in a single blog is no longer allowed, you must put unrelated calcs on different blogs.

Also if you are going to use Star's body for measurements, then do it in one step. Don't measure her ear and then use another panel to measure her arm using said ear, you could have just measured her arm since the beginning.

Under Deku's weakness section:

"One For All can potentially be stolen if the thief's will is stronger than the user's own will." When was this stated?
Best Jeanist said one needs strength of will to override OFA's spirits and steal the Quirk.

Hatred is just the fuel for this will, a strong emotion like Best Jeanist stated.

Last edited:
Putting multiple different feats in a single blog is no longer allowed, you must put unrelated calcs on different blogs.

Also if you are going to use Star's body for measurements, then do it in one step. Don't measure her ear and then use another panel to measure her arm using said ear, you could have just measured her arm since the beginning.
I couldn't measure an arm from the beginning, because it's in different perspectives! In the second panel it was more similar to the perspective we see of her during the explosion of the tiamat missiles

Use a part of her body that we can see in both scans then.

Then again I'm planning to re-measure that panel anyway, so maybe you should just leave that to me or ask a different Calc group member.

Back