• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Nah don't say that, you did make the Class G calc. It's better if you leave a comment on my wall.
Therefir a good 95% of the time I see you it's in older parts of this thread and others reminding me how stupid my ideas are either indirectly with things like the Frozen Time stuff (where you use my stuff as a 'wanked' example), or This (self explanitory), dont get me wrong you're really good at this, just you really dont need to try and hold back because my dumbass keeps ******* up
also the first thing that happened was Rusty made a better version, so it's not like it's impressive
When will y'all learn to stop trusting anything I do, I already got one thing correct the solar eclipse isnt coming until 2024 dont hold your breath

@Therefir like look at the past three things I did on my blog (Tamaki through Me trying my own measurements for shie hassaikai) and just tear them apart, they are failures given that their my creations

@Ultimate_Invader_Pendulum

Still believes that the fight happened 50 km away and is making his own calc off that to lower the results. I explained this in another thread but told him to not discuss it there as that'd be derailing, I posted the above comment to explain my reason in more detail.

Also he does a bunch of weird stuff that doesn't make any sense to me. I can't understand his blog actually so I'm confused there.

I'm seeing 8-A, 7-C, and 7-B I think.
The fight was not 50 kilometers away from Japan??

@Therefir I can do a Pythagorean theorem using 1km (distance from clouds to sea level) as side A, the Ang size measuring formula to get side B (would you believe me if I told you that doing it with the bottom of the panel and the beam smallest length got me 11.8 meters, think I could round it to 12?) and Side C is the normal

because i did it in a hurry ?
Second issue, for the clap feat, your assumption is that Star’s giant is touching the water, because the clouds are waist level. But the Giant isn’t actually a solid shape, it’s just the air formed into Stars body, so none of the properties of air should stop applying to it. So why isn’t the assumption that her giants legs simply aren’t touching the ground and it’s just floating?

It also isn’t consistent with later pages of the fight with the Keranous laser spear. The clouds are far higher than the giant is while it is on the sea floor pinning Shigaraki, such that if it stood up, the area of the clouds that it cleared with the clap would not be at its waist, but several kilometers above it. So how is the giant standing on the sea floor with the clouds at its waist consistent with the fact that when pinning Shigaraki to the sea floor, the clouds are many kilometers above it even if it stood up?

Even just from the intercontinental cruise punch, you see that the giant Star is absolutely dwarfed by the initial explosion, but the clouds are even higher than the explosion is, such that it doesn’t even reach them. It’s only after the next page/panel, when the actual explosion with heat occurs, that the clouds get dispersed even further, so it’s not like they’ve been moved very far by the time of that perspective shot of Star’s giant vs the explosion.

Second issue, for the clap feat, your assumption is that Star’s giant is touching the water, because the clouds are waist level. But the Giant isn’t actually a solid shape, it’s just the air formed into Stars body, so none of the properties of air should stop applying to it. So why isn’t the assumption that her giants legs simply aren’t touching the ground and it’s just floating?

It also isn’t consistent with later pages of the fight with the Keranous laser spear. The clouds are far higher than the giant is while it is on the sea floor pinning Shigaraki, such that if it stood up, the area of the clouds that it cleared with the clap would not be at its waist, but several kilometers above it. So how is the giant standing on the sea floor with the clouds at its waist consistent with the fact that when pinning Shigaraki to the sea floor, the clouds are many kilometers above it even if it stood up?

Even just from the intercontinental cruise punch, you see that the giant Star is absolutely dwarfed by the initial explosion, but the clouds are even higher than the explosion is, such that it doesn’t even reach them. It’s only after the next page/panel, when the actual explosion with heat occurs, that the clouds get dispersed even further, so it’s not like they’ve been moved very far by the time of that perspective shot of Star’s giant vs the explosion.
If "none of the properties of the air changed" it would be absurd for Star to hit Shigaraki, or apply constant force to him, since the air would be too little dense to hit him

In the case of the clouds looking higher than Star when we see the explosion, well the explosion pushed the clouds higher and further, duh

idk man, looks to me like they were planning to land at an airport.

The fight took place outside of Japan’s airspace. That’s more important than the 50km distance Hawks gave for their landing point, since that means they were 300+ km from the mainland going by Japan’s airspace map.

The only way for the belief that she was 50km from Japanese airspace AND a mainland Air Force base airport to be true, is if she was heading to an airport in the Hokkaito region, which make zero sense since I can’t seem to find any American AFB’s in the northern part of that region where she would land. The closes military Air Force base where they would be able to land that is near Hokkaito would’ve been Misawa Air Force base, which can only be approached, from the US, over 300+ km of Japanese Airspace.

So unless there’s another Air Force base that Star was headed towards, the statements “she’s 50 km from the landing point” and “she’s about to enter our airspace” point to her planning to land somewhere that is not on the mainland, which would be an aircraft carrier of sorts or a small island of unknown name or origin that happens to have a military base on it.
If "none of the properties of the air changed" it would be absurd for Star to hit Shigaraki, or apply constant force to him, since the air would be too little dense to hit him

In the case of the clouds looking higher than Star when we see the explosion, well the explosion pushed the clouds higher and further, duh
As we’ve seen with New Order, the objects she affects do things that are not exactly natural, even if the rule applied to them doesn’t imply the effect. For example, she stated “I can hold lasers,” and the laser became bendable as well as being holdable by her. So making the claim that her rule of a giant formed in her body’s image shaped by the air can’t produce force equivalent or greater than her own force simply because of the material used is a strange stance given the oddities involved with her Quirks usage.

Also, air pressure in this verse is treated as a physical punch if you are strong enough. Star swinging a punch and clapping her hands with her strength rule active would be producing force enough to harm Shigaraki, and her Giant would be mimicking her, likely taking her actual strength into account and simply scaling it up.

The specific panel I’m referring to, where the words “Interconinental Cruise Punch” are stated, is before the actual explosion has happened yet. That’s just the beginnings of the explosion before all the water is displaced and vaporized by the fireball created moments later, which pushes back the jets. The clouds are not yet affected heavily by this explosion, and even if they were, the attack only seems to push them in a horizontal manner, not vertically. If the clouds were pushed vertically, they would be curved upwards, not making a flat disk.

That moment when Deku looks at the state of the heroes in the fight and almost goes berserk reminds me highkey of this moment in mob psycho, specially so since they both get calmed down by Mirio and Dimple, respectively (at 02:00) my dude almost went ???% OFA

The fight took place outside of Japan’s airspace. That’s more important than the 50km distance Hawks gave for their landing point, since that means they were 300+ km from the mainland going by Japan’s airspace map.

The only way for the belief that she was 50km from Japanese airspace AND a mainland Air Force base airport to be true, is if she was heading to an airport in the Hokkaito region, which make zero sense since I can’t seem to find any American AFB’s in the northern part of that region where she would land. The closes military Air Force base where they would be able to land that is near Hokkaito would’ve been Misawa Air Force base, which can only be approached, from the US, over 300+ km of Japanese Airspace.

So unless there’s another Air Force base that Star was headed towards, the statements “she’s 50 km from the landing point” and “she’s about to enter our airspace” point to her planning to land somewhere that is not on the mainland, which would be an aircraft carrier of sorts or a small island of unknown name or origin that happens to have a military base on it.

As we’ve seen with New Order, the objects she affects do things that are not exactly natural, even if the rule applied to them doesn’t imply the effect. For example, she stated “I can hold lasers,” and the laser became bendable as well as being holdable by her. So making the claim that her rule of a giant formed in her body’s image shaped by the air can’t produce force equivalent or greater than her own force simply because of the material used is a strange stance given the oddities involved with her Quirks usage.

Also, air pressure in this verse is treated as a physical punch if you are strong enough. Star swinging a punch and clapping her hands with her strength rule active would be producing force enough to harm Shigaraki, and her Giant would be mimicking her, likely taking her actual strength into account and simply scaling it up.

The specific panel I’m referring to, where the words “Interconinental Cruise Punch” are stated, is before the actual explosion has happened yet. That’s just the beginnings of the explosion before all the water is displaced and vaporized by the fireball created moments later, which pushes back the jets. The clouds are not yet affected heavily by this explosion, and even if they were, the attack only seems to push them in a horizontal manner, not vertically. If the clouds were pushed vertically, they would be curved upwards, not making a flat disk.
So no Low 7-B mha ?

U seem really desperate for Low 7-B for some reason, may I ask why
images

I actually have good intentions

I think it's much better to have more intuitive feats giving the level to a verse than something like...clouds.

Not only is it more consistent with what is really shown in terms of destruction (I am not going to dwell on this much, since I have already shown enough of my opinion on that) this is the main reason, it seems to me the most honest result, but as I said i alredy expanded more on that opinion

But not only that, but it is also more difficult for someone not to want to accept it

The rest of the sites dedicated to battleboarding sometimes take bases even if they don't admit it from the VS wiki, at least with the most easily intuitable feats.

The moment the rest of the Battleboarding community sees that the only site that bothers to collect and calculate verse information and not just goof around with personal estimates, has put the BNHAVERSE on country for cloud feats, they'll just ignore that type of feats and will be guided by visual estimates (which from what I've seen can be as random as town to cityblock) and will find the idea of fans going around saying that "Deku is country level" on the same level of absurdity as people who think that Eren is planet level.

I can see the idea of casual people understanding that the BNHAverse is town to small city, but the moment the idea that they are Country is popularized, that part of the fandom will be seen as delusional as naruto fans who think he can against goku , from the eyes of someone who interprets based on the narrative and not just calculations, which is the majority of normies

Also, honestly, I feel that one should learn to understand which ballpark they belong to and not just erratically seek to improve something. The BNHA characters are good against other small cities, but I honestly don't feel like they're going to be as good as Small Country or Island, because those tiers have plenty of much faster and haxier characters, really? forever restricted to conditioned and speed equalized battles? lame

TL;DR: It seems more logical to me that they are small city, it seems to me that the part of the fandom that is going to believe that they are Small country will be ridiculed, and that as Small country they are not so good
Im not reading all that ngl

Predicting that the jets will fire their lasers at Shiggy next chapter, and Shiggy will call them “too slow” and casually dodge them

Back