• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Nah but realistically he’s gonna say something like “I now have the power to move faster than sound” or “I now have the power to destroy buildings”

Number 6’s profile says perceiving the world as frozen requires at least Mach 100 speed, but isn’t that closer to a Relativistic+ feat? I’m pretty sure that’s how time dilation works

When has a manga series ever explicitly referenced special relativity?
It directly stating it is irrelevant; seeing the world as frozen has always been a feat indicating speeds close to light

Hikone has an identical feat listed as Relativistic+ without it being explicitly said to involve relativity; all it says is that time seemingly froze

Love how people still genuinely hope MHA will have statements anything above supersonic lol
Like, I would love that too, but this is Horikoshi we are talking about. It will be a genuine miracle if that happens.

Damn, Shigaraki is giving Bakugo no respect whatsoever. And looks like we had another "image" of death from fear or something? We may have a speed feat too? Bakugo's shoulder gun things start shooting while he's on the ground it looks like, but Shigaraki is able to lift him upward and put his leg down before they even move all that much.

Cause it looks like those shoulder guns start to fire in the first panel, in the bottom. Could be completely wrong.

Love to see a new attack from Nejire, being able to concentrate all of her energy into a spear/pike shape is a pretty good offensive attack. Not something she can use on people besides Shigaraki though. But using Bakugo as a shield with that smile is so dirty. Also his evolving body lets him spit out poison. Which is both reactive evolution and resistance to poison manipulation.

Shigaraki growing mouths on giant flesh things is kind of making this look like that scene from All Might Rising with Prime All For One. Cool to see Nejire can also amplify a person's punch by wrapping her energy around the arm. That would be statistic amplification. Her control over her energy has also gotten a lot better.

Mirio knows he can't hurt Shigaraki physically, so he told him he doesn't have friends for some mental damage. In all seriousness, why does Shigaraki actually looked bothered by that?

And a possible big ending. Bakugo's sweat from his face is starting to explode as well? I didn't think Quirk Awakenings or whatever Horikoshi wants to call them, isn't something that would have any relevance whatsoever. Maybe Bakugo might show some more feats after all?

Imagine Shigaraki says Bakugo's explosions are the strongest explosions he's ever seen.

Should Shiggy get Danmaku? Aizawa said that all of his hand growths are theoretically capable of using decay, which means Shiggy could be able to use hundreds of Air Cannons or Rivet Stabs

Mirio’s speed key should look like

High Hypersonic+ (Evaded a hit from Shigaraki’s hand constructs), possibly Massively Hypersonic (Managed to tag Shigaraki with a punch, but this may be due to Tomura not attempting to dodge)

Should Shiggy get Danmaku? Aizawa said that all of his hand growths are theoretically capable of using decay, which means Shiggy could be able to use hundreds of Air Cannons or Rivet Stabs
Not until we see otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if those hands can or can not use his Quirks. Aizawa and Jeanist aren't certain, but for obvious reasons they aren't going to test it out. We have to wait until Shigaraki actually showcases such a thing. (Considering the situation they most likely can use Quirks)

Number 6’s profile says perceiving the world as frozen requires at least Mach 100 speed, but isn’t that closer to a Relativistic+ feat? I’m pretty sure that’s how time dilation works
It depends
Normally Number 6 only sees people being frozen, and sometimes bullets in slow motion. That's just MHS

It depends
Normally Number 6 only sees people being frozen, and sometimes bullets in slow motion. That's just MHS
Some research papers state that the time dilation of going near light speed is just a 10 minute difference so yeah if we're gonna try to be strictly scientific about it we're not going to get "satisfactory" results.

It is a lot better if there is a point of comparison/reference, in this case the aforementioned slow motion AR bullets for 6.

It's best to just wait, not necessarily till the end but up to when something new and significant happens.

I think if something new happens on the level of or beyond the Star and Stripes fight, people will definitely be more enthusiastic in participating in all this calc stuff.

Back