• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's kinda too late to start doing that stuff now.

Not really....hypothetically speaking lets say the next major fight goes balls to the walls crazy ei tier 6 tier 5 whatever wankadoodles....what do you think is going to happen? Is the quality of the series going to tank? Even if it did you think fans are going to give a shit? No...they'll accept it because they're mostly dummies who'll like whatever they're told to like

This video sums up 90% of any fandom of any media ei manga, video games, comics, movies, books etc....they'll consume whatever they're given regardless of the quality because they don't know any better.

You have to remember that you, me...everyone on this site...we make up less than .01% of any fandom....

If dogshit like Boruto can keep a fanbase...anything can...

MHA will most likely never breach Island level because at that point the characters would be fighting clouds more than eachother, since that’s the only way to “logically” have those feats without turning the series into a dark series rivalling BERSERK with numerous casualties.

And, at best, these feats seem to be designated to the movies since they can flex and exaggerate all they want with their infinite budget.

MHA will most likely never breach Island level because at that point the characters would be fighting clouds more than eachother, since that’s the only way to “logically” have those feats without turning the series into a dark series rivalling BERSERK with numerous casualties.

And, at best, these feats seem to be designated to the movies since they can flex and exaggerate all they want with their infinite budget.
This post reeks of insecurity 🤣

I will reply to you when you keep spouting sarcastic, incorrect comments and clogging up the general thread with your pessimistic attitude. Either make a crt or stop complaining every chance you get.
Bruh why are you arguing with this Qanon cultist, this dude is probably still begging Reddit to unban him so he can go back to concern trolling the MHA subreddit.

Not really....hypothetically speaking lets say the next major fight goes balls to the walls crazy ei tier 6 tier 5 whatever wankadoodles....what do you think is going to happen? Is the quality of the series going to tank? Even if it did you think fans are going to give a shit? No...they'll accept it because they're mostly dummies who'll like whatever they're told to like

This video sums up 90% of any fandom of any media ei manga, video games, comics, movies, books etc....they'll consume whatever they're given regardless of the quality because they don't know any better.

You have to remember that you, me...everyone on this site...we make up less than .01% of any fandom....

If dogshit like Boruto can keep a fanbase...anything can...

MHA just isn't that type of manga. Horikoshi is more interested in the human and more emotional aspects of superheroes than fights. There isn't a day where I see Horikoshi ever putting spectacle over emotion.

I've seen this same person when he use to concern troll the MHA subreddit before he got the banhammer

MHA just isn't that type of manga. Horikoshi is more interested in the human and more emotional aspects of superheroes than fights. There isn't a day where I see Horikoshi ever putting spectacle over emotion.
Bruh you are giving these manga writers waaaaay too much credit....also I fail to see how adding "spectacle" would detract from the human or more emotional aspect of a series....if Deku punch out a mountain is that going to detract from the "human and emotional" aspects of the series?

Manga writers in general are usually C and D list authors....compare their work to actual novel writer and they look like crap in comparison.

Ridley logs on, targets me and harrasses me, trolls, then doesn’t respond to anything I say. Reported him every time he does it yet no action is taken.

If there was ever a time to put some high tier feats in the manga, it would’ve been when Deku was beating Shigaraki senseless with 100%. Yet all it really did was kick up a bunch of dust and move some buildings.

Horikoshi doesn’t care about inflating the powerscale just for powerscale sake.

Does anyone know if the hypothetical energy of the lasers that the jets are using can be measured without scaling?

For example, supposedly the lasers that the USA would be developing for their real jets are "tens of kilowatts class" but I have no idea how to interpret that, does it generate that amount of kilowatts per second or is it the energy necessary to use it several times?

I've seen this same person when he use to concern troll the MHA subreddit before he got the banhammer

Bruh you are giving these manga writers waaaaay too much credit....also I fail to see how adding "spectacle" would detract from the human or more emotional aspect of a series....if Deku punch out a mountain is that going to detract from the "human and emotional" aspects of the series?

Manga writers in general are usually C and D list authors....compare their work to actual novel writer and they look like crap in comparison.
It's not about credit. It's about the type of writer one is.

Some mangaka clearly care a lot about fights. You can see that in how they write fights, powers, and power levels e.g. Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho. If it's technique you can just look at JJK & HxH. With YYH and HxH, Togashi has shown he can do both raw power level fights & technique/strategy based fights.

For MHA, such things definitely come second to emotions and the likes which Horikoshi always gives precedent in his fights. It does not make Horikoshi more "credible" it just means he's a different type of writer.

(Also I saw your point about spectacle and there is nowhere where I said it would not happen just that it is incredibly hard in the setting. Deku isn't killing any innocent civillians so let's first get that out of the way. Anyway, Horikoshi could always take the fight to a deserted island with mountains and geography to destroy).

Other writers may focus on choreography when writing a fight. They might even write a 10 chapter fight but for MHA even the biggest fights barely clock 3 chapters.

I think the longest fights so far is Gentle and Nagant. And we barely have any fights above 5 chapters.

And even then for the major fights, choreography takes a backseat and for something like Kamino, Horikoshi had All Might throw like 5 punches max. A lot of the weight in Kamino or even Deku vs Muscular and more than half of the fights in this series come from the emotional aspect.

That's where Horikoshi excels while say someone like Gege excels greatly in fight choreography.

Unless Horikoshi suddenly changes his writing style and becomes a meathead the next day, some of these things will remain fantasies.

If you cut Deku’s hair off and make a suit like Mirio’s, would his suit also have Full Cowling? Would that be Full Cowling armour??

Is Deku’s hair durability affected by OFA??

idk, honestly the only thing that stops bnha from having more power is what horikoshi wants, not the logic that we try to impose

I mean, horikoshi could just make deku and shigaraki hit each other so hard that they would launch themselves around the world if he wanted to.

although I think I prefer that bnha does not go beyond large island level at best

Thinking about it, Iida saving Todoroki from Stain’s sword swing feels very outlierish. It’s way too fast, it’s an insane gap between keys. What other hypersonic feats in the manga are there at the student’s levels at the time?

Also the “feat” of Deku catching Shinto’s thrown rope to save Uraraka being ”hypersonic” bothers me too. We don’t see when Deku saw the rope or when he began moving, and it could be Horikoshi simply playing with scale and perspective (he does that sometimes, for instance, these shots: )

Todoroki has hypersonic reactions and combat speed by scaling to Recipro Burst which was able to blitz Stain yet Todoroki couldn’t dodge Stain who Todoroki should be able to blitz via scaling?

How does that work??

Back