• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Did Star just compare Shigiraki to Prime All Might? She stated "even All Might can't arrest this villain". She only knows of his prime and wouldn't know he got exponentially weaker after a certain fight he had, she would only know he just retired

Did Star just compare Shigiraki to Prime All Might? She stated "even All Might can't arrest this villain". She only knows of his prime and wouldn't know he got exponentially weaker after a certain fight he had, she would only know he just retired
that was the general guy that said that. And it’s not a strength comparison because they know he’s a weird mix of AFO and Shigaraki. So it’s more talking about how dangerous and infamous he is, not his strength.

Wait. So 5% Deku jumping = Hypersonic “via scaling to Recipro Burst” yet when he was training right before Full Cowling he was able to leap at 5% and react to that speed (just not fast enough to switch OFA’s location in his limbs) so base Deku has hypersonic reactions. Yet Base Deku was lolblitzed by Recipro Iida in the tournament.

I’m sure there’s no problem or outlier here tho, since, “the calcs never lie”.

Wait. So 5% Deku jumping = Hypersonic “via scaling to Recipro Burst” yet when he was training right before Full Cowling he was able to leap at 5% and react to that speed (just not fast enough to switch OFA’s location in his limbs) so base Deku has hypersonic reactions. Yet Base Deku was lolblitzed by Recipro Iida in the tournament.

I’m sure there’s no problem or outlier here tho, since, “the calcs never lie”.
That’s not even a calc problem, it’s a consistency one. He could be peak human and 5% + Recipro could be subsonic and that would still be an issue. You’re directing your complaints incorrectly.

Also, that’s addressed on his profile, he’s only transonic in reactions. Him “reacting” to the leaps is slamming his face into the wall over and over with little progress made for an entire night.

You missed the point entirely.

5% is as fast as Iida’s super speediest move, and Deku in base and his classmates can react to 5%, yet no one saw Recipro Burst let alone Recipro Extend coming, who 5% is as fast as according to the scaling here via the fan calc.

No problems here, I’m sure.

How is it possible for a move to be simultaneously FTE to the characters but also the characters are as fast as it and can react to it?

You missed the point entirely.

5% is as fast as Iida’s super speediest move, and Deku in base and his classmates can react to 5%, yet no one saw Recipro Burst let alone Recipro Extend coming, who 5% is as fast as according to the scaling here via the fan calc.

No problems here, I’m sure.
5% is as fast as recipro due to him doing shit at the same time as recipro and keeping up. That’s not the wiki, that’s the manga. Again, you’re not even understanding what you’re arguing. The justification for Deku being comparable to Recipro is not the calc, it’s his feats where he directly shows he is comparable to recipro.

That’s not the manga; that’s the anime, which takes many liberties and changes scenes, yet this wiki is cool with using the anime if it can be used to inflate feats. The manga never showed that.

Recipro Burst goes FTE to Base Deku, who himself can react to his own 5% speed, who himself is as fast as as an even faster version of Recipro Burst. Makes sense.

That’s not even a calc problem, it’s a consistency one. He could be peak human and 5% + Recipro could be subsonic and that would still be an issue. You’re directing your complaints incorrectly.

Also, that’s addressed on his profile, he’s only transonic in reactions. Him “reacting” to the leaps is slamming his face into the wall over and over with little progress made for an entire night.
There is no consistency problem when 5% is never presented that way in the manga. You can get whatever inflated wonky scaling you want from the anime and movies though which is what this site went with.

I know calcing is fun and all but it's obvious people here take this stuff too far. We saw with Overclock, with the High-ends, etc and I remember bringing this stuff up but here people would rather wank than just present stuff the way it is in universe.

By the way people better remember that O'clock's monicker was the "Supersonic Hero" not hypersonic + the entire time Six and Koichi raced, they were moving at subsonic speeds even with all of Six's forms and styles with Koichi only hitting supersonic+ last chapter when the fight went midair. Six also thought a supersonic bullet would be a threat to Koichi.

Anyway, as it stands with this scaling, 5% Deku is apparently faster than Koichi and Six in movement speed bar Koichi's 'flight'.

Also with this scaling, Recipro Burst season 2 Iida is faster than his brother who can already use Turbo in Vigilantes. Season 2 Iida hasn't even taken out his mufflers.

We’ve reached the point where every living being in MHA is at least hypersonic in reactions because guaranteed there’s at least one scene of normal people being able to percieve Deku at 5% instead of him just Flash Timing everybody.

(edit. Found the scene. Two Heroes, where Deku does that speedrun-destroy-robots thing).

And at the same time a hypersonic attack goes FTE to these same people. ???

Last edited:
That’s not the manga; that’s the anime, which takes many liberties and changes scenes, yet this wiki is cool with using the anime if it can be used to inflate feats. The manga never showed that.

Recipro Burst goes FTE to Base Deku, who himself can react to his own 5% speed, who himself is as fast as as an even faster version of Recipro Burst. Makes sense.
Manga literally shows the exact same thing the anime does where Deku moves comparable to recipro, but sure, believe how you wish.

Deku hasn’t reacted to his own 5%, but again, you’re clearly stuck in your own space about what you want.

There is no consistency problem when 5% is never presented that way in the manga. You can get whatever inflated wonky scaling you want from the anime and movies though which is what this site went with.

I know calcing is fun and all but it's obvious people here take this stuff too far. We saw with Overclock, with the High-ends, etc and I remember bringing this stuff up but here people would rather wank than just present stuff the way it is in universe.

By the way people better remember that O'clock's monicker was the "Supersonic Hero" not hypersonic + the entire time Six and Koichi raced, they were moving at subsonic speeds even with all of Six's forms and styles with Koichi only hitting supersonic+ last chapter when the fight went midair. Six also thought a supersonic bullet would be a threat to Koichi.

Anyway, as it stands with this scaling, 5% Deku is apparently faster than Koichi and Six in movement speed bat Koichi's 'flight'.
Deku in the manga is comparable to recipro Iida. None of anything you say after that is even relevant, considering it doesn’t effect that accepted belief.

“Manga literally shows the exact same thing the anime does where Deku moves comparable to recipro, but sure, believe how you wish.”

Show me, then.

”Deku hasn’t reacted to his own 5%, but again, you’re clearly stuck in your own space about what you want.”

Yes he has, when he was practicing jumping between buildings. He says he ”can’t switch fast enough” but he never says he can’t react to that speed itself. It’s never portrayed as him being blitzed by the speed, just his lack of switching OFA speed. And since people love to use the anime here, the anime shows Deku moving during his hands during the jump to prepare to grab the wall, showing he’s, indeed, reacting to the speed.

“Manga literally shows the exact same thing the anime does where Deku moves comparable to recipro, but sure, believe how you wish.”

Show me, then.

”Deku hasn’t reacted to his own 5%, but again, you’re clearly stuck in your own space about what you want.”

Yes he has, when he was practicing jumping between buildings. He says he ”can’t switch fast enough” but he never says he can’t react to that speed itself. It’s never portrayed as him being blitzed by the speed, just his lack of switching OFA speed. And since people love to use the anime here, the anime shows Deku moving during his hands during the jump to prepare to grab the wall, showing he’s, indeed, reacting to the speed.
Chapters 54 and 90.

Instance one: Deku leaps up to punch stain at the same time Iida does, who is using recipro extend, and they hit Stain at the same time. The only way for Deku to not be comparable to Iida in this feat is for him to have jumped way before Iida did, which you cannot prove and takes more assumptions than them jumping at the same time.

Instance two: Deku’s plan to help save Bakugo is using both 5% and Recipro, at the same time, to fly through the sky by moving quickly. If his 5% was not comparable to recipro, why is he using it in conjunction with Iida for their speed? He even moves at the same time Iida does in order to get their best height. Todoroki also reacts to this, meaning he reacted to the recipro burst here, similar to when he reacted to it in the sports festival. Another fun fact; Mr. Compress, Magne and Spinner also react to the Recipro in this scene. So do Bakugo and Kirishima (who reaches his hand out). So yes, reacting to the recipro is not some impossible feat. You’re just being weird about it.

And again, for your ridiculous claim that Deku is reacting to his 5%; he is splatting on the wall. He is not reacting. He is jumping, attempting to use the power in his arms, and not reacting in time to defend himself from hitting the wall. Also, using the anime as evidence when you just said not to use the anime? Bias much?

Also, here’s a fun word for you; Base Deku, if you truly believe he reacted to 5% speed in that instance, is performing an outlier. That’s an answer you’re familiar with no? So if you can prove he was actually reacting to his 5% there, pray tell why Base Deku reacting to his 5% in that scene only wouldn’t be an outlier.

You cannot prove Deku jumped at the same time as Iida. You made the claim first, so prove it first.

5% doesn’t have to be comparable for this scene to work. This a nothing statement. Deku also only says “Iida’s Recipro” but doesn’t specify which Recipro, but he uses it for quite awhile in the scene without his engine stalling, so it appears to be a lower level version of it.

He is reacting. He just can’t switch fast enough to reinforce his arms with 5% to handle the impact. I brought the anime up because it’s what YOU do. You accept anime scenes as canon so I used the anime to prove you wrong, but now you arbitrarily change your mind it seems and ignore it.

As for your last statement, I don’t have to say anything, because I never made a claim for this.

You cannot prove Deku jumped at the same time as Iida. You made the claim first, so prove it first.

5% doesn’t have to be comparable for this scene to work. This a nothing statement.

He is reacting. He just can’t switch fast enough to reinforce his arms with 5% to handle the impact. I brought the anime up because it’s what YOU do.

As for your last statement, I don’t have to say anything, because I never made a claim for this.
They hit stain at the same time, and if they weren’t comparable, Stain would have seen Deku first and avoided him.

Yes, it does. They move at the same speed there. Deku even plans on both of their speeds combined. He directly compares the two.

No, he is not reacting. He is splatting on the wall. That is failing to react.

So you have no argument against him reacting just being an outlier? Cool, then this conversation is over. I deem it an outlier due to inconsistencies. Problem solved.
Athletic Human | Hypersonic (with a small power up)

It’s an outlier no matter how you slice it regardless.
”small power up”

Hey, if you can prove 5% is a small power up so we can remove 9-B from all these god damn profiles, I’ll be happy.

“They hit stain at the same time, and if they weren’t comparable, Stain would have seen Deku first and avoided him.”

Yes, they did. Show me Deku moving at the same speed as Iida tho. For all we know, Deku jumped waaaaay before Iida did. In fact, that’s how the scene is portrayed, as Stain is hyper focused on killing Iida that he doesn’t see Deku until way too late.

No, it doesn’t. Basic physics. Combining their speed and power doesn’t mean they’re comparable or even equal. Not to mention their WEIGHT, they’re carrying multiple people and Iida isn’t wearing his streamlined hero outfit. There are lots of physics and issues with this scene.

He is reacting. Are you now choosing to ignore the anime just to refuse being proven wrong?
”Anime for me but not for thee” I guess.

“Hey, if you can prove 5% is a small power up so we can remove 9-B from all these god damn profiles, I’ll be happy.”

The fact Deku isn’t flash-timing his classmates and normal people at all times kinda proves this. If 5 to 8 is a “not that big of a difference”, why shouldn’t 0 to 5?

Horikoshi is definitely limited by his setting. It's a modern setting and a superhero story at that. Unlike fictional verses, there aren't mountains just lying there waiting to be destroyed. He also can't exactly destroy a city unless he wants to get into genocide levels of causalities.

And unlike other verses the story is limited to earth. There also won't be random meteors appearing just waiting to be busted.

The only way I see higher feats in the future that don't involve air pressure or changing the weather and affecting clouds, is if we get an entire battle in a deserted place. Like a deserted island or something where the characters can just go ham.

He definitely can...you know why? Because he, along with most manga/comic authors know that no one is going to give a shit and over think things in the vein of "wow Deku just killed 1000 people"

Even in the Pokemon anime's they had attacks that engulfed the entire arena

You can look at this fight between Infernape and Electivire...you would assume that everyone in that arena would of been dusted but nope...not a single casualty

We have to remember the average anime/manga fan is a moron, the only people who would think about causalities and collateral damage are a bunch of virgins and simps on an internet forum.

“They hit stain at the same time, and if they weren’t comparable, Stain would have seen Deku first and avoided him.”

Yes, they did. Show me Deku moving at the same speed as Iida tho. For all we know, Deku jumped waaaaay before Iida did. In fact, that’s how the scene is portrayed, as Stain is hyper focused on killing Iida that he doesn’t see Deku until way too late.

No, it doesn’t. Basic physics. Combining their speed and power doesn’t mean they’re comparable or even equal. Not to mention their WEIGHT, they’re carrying multiple people and Iida isn’t wearing his streamlined hero outfit. There are lots of physics and issues with this scene.

He is reacting. Are you now choosing to ignore the anime just to refuse being proven wrong?
Now you’re the one making the claim. Can you prove Deku moved way before Iida? Also, that doesn’t solve the fact that they hit stain at the same time. If Iida is so much faster than 5% Deku that he can blitz him, why didn’t Iida hit first then Deku after?

Except they show them break out of the wall at the same time, showing Deku reacted to it. He is on panel moving at the same time Recipro Iida is. If Recipro is so much faster than 5% Deku that he blitzes him, why isn’t Deku still behind the wall?

What am I supposed to be looking for in the anime? His hands/arms extending upwards from the jump? Is that supposed to be him reacting and not just going through the motions of a jump?

“Hey, if you can prove 5% is a small power up so we can remove 9-B from all these god damn profiles, I’ll be happy.”

The fact Deku isn’t flash-timing his classmates and normal people at all times kinda proves this. If 5 to 8 is a “not that big of a difference”, why shouldn’t 0 to 5?
Considering the amount of times people ever actually react to his 5% (which is only that one time on a tv I’m pretty sure?), I don’t see why you’re saying he can’t blitz people. Also Iida never flash timed anyone either.

Ok. Done with you. You just keep repeating the same thing without elaborating and ignoring everything that debunks you. Roundabout argumentation.

”Anime timeframes for me but not for thee”.

Ok. Done with you. You just keep repeating the same thing without elaborating and ignoring everything that debunks you. Roundabout argumentation.

”Anime timeframes for me but not for thee”.
Nice chat. I debunked and questioned your logic so you run away. Perfect.

Now you can live another day for me to disprove you again.

Athletic human Deku with transsonic reactions can react to hypersonic speed yet gets FTE blitzed by hypersonic speed and base Deku can also fight and move comparably to Bakugo who can also react to and fight 5% who is hypersonic, and Uraraka can also fight Bakugo.

So everyone is hypersonic. Even Base Deku. Cool.

Still got clowned and blitzed by someone who can’t bullet time tho.

Athletic human Deku with transsonic reactions can react to hypersonic speed yet gets FTE blitzed by hypersonic speed and base Deku can also fight and move comparably to Bakugo who can also react to and fight 5%, and Uraraka can also fight Bakugo.

So everyone is hypersonic. Even Base Deku. Cool.
Outlier for Base Deku reacting. Problem solved. Unless you have a rebuttal?

He definitely can...you know why? Because he, along with most manga/comic authors know that no one is going to give a shit and over think things in the vein of "wow Deku just killed 1000 people"

Even in the Pokemon anime's they had attacks that engulfed the entire arena

You can look at this fight between Infernape and Electivire...you would assume that everyone in that arena would of been dusted but nope...not a single casualty

We have to remember the average anime/manga fan is a moron, the only people who would think about causalities and collateral damage are a bunch of virgins and simps on an internet forum.

It's kinda too late to start doing that stuff now. This series always kept a grounded feeling to it and most fights have shown the perspective of ordinary civillians when they happen in populated areas.

The only viable solution I see is fights occurring where there aren't people like Deku vs Shiggy happening mid air when Deku finally decided to go all out or the current Star and Stripes vs Shiggy fight happening in midair above the ocean.

Stop replying to me. You don’t address what I say so I don’t want you to address me anymore. Period.
I will reply to you when you keep spouting sarcastic, incorrect comments and clogging up the general thread with your pessimistic attitude. Either make a crt or stop complaining every chance you get.

Mineta uses an anime scene for a ”speed feat” in his key, although it contradicts the manga. I guess it’s all he really has tho without scaling.

Back