• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

In the anime, it was shown as a few frames long inversion of colour. If you look closely you can see his sleeve rip right before he’s blasted back. Just a cool detail.

I think he's talking about the whrr sound effect coming from All Might's arm, along with that visual effect on it.

Impact Recoil has a specific tell, as shown here. All Might’s arm was wrapped in energy which I guess bounces all the force back at him, but doesn’t completely negate it, as Torino was hurt from it.

I don't know why I can't see imgur links/images anymore. Even when I'm the one who posted them, I can't see them for some reason.

Anyone for whatever quirk Shigaraki used, we will know when the officials come out. But someone can find out right now just by comparing the Japanese names.

I’m assuming these laser jets are foreshadowing Deku’s last quirk. They do a pretty hard number on Shigaraki. If they had just aimed for the head…

Do we know what the "WHRR" sound effect is normally used for?

I personally think that's just All Might likely slamming the breaks on his arm, but I could be wrong.

Considering the Impact Recoil was strong enough to bruise All Might’s hand, I highly doubt he slowed down his punch in time at all.

Considering the Impact Recoil was strong enough to bruise All Might’s hand, I highly doubt he slowed down his punch in time at all.
Whether he slowed it in time or not wasn't the point, just that he attempted to slow it down but still connected the punch.

Is what I was going for, but it seems like it is in fact due to Impact Recoil.

Impact Recoil (衝しょう撃げき反はん転てん, Shōgeki Hanten?): This Quirk seemingly enables All For One to completely reflect the impact of an attack back to the attacker.[7]

Anyway, can we assume Kamino AFO had these quirks? Unless he's been amassing new quirks after the jail break.

Or some might have been from Prime AFO which he could not use anymore after his injuries.

Anyway, can we assume Kamino AFO had these quirks? Unless he's been amassing new quirks after the jail break.

Or some might have been from Prime AFO which he could not use anymore after his injuries.
Some are definitely from the Doctor’s stockpile of quirks he had. So I don’t think Kamino should have them

I've seen it be translated to reflect and refract.

I still wonder if people will still continue denying the lasers are light like they do with Aoyama.
I mean, its not like it affects scaling that much. It would only scale to Star and probably Prime AM/AFO (since she’s still inferior to them) cause Shiggy definitely didn’t react to them beforehand.

Actually, the black lightning appears for when he does “strength enhancer” and “kinetic booster.” So either of them might be it.

I think it’s some kind of dark parallel to the lightning of OFA representing their strength.

So are the lasers that hit Shigaraki light speed? I would believe so, as they move in straight lines, are called lasers, come from technology, and are reflected and refracted. Also because I was bored, I did a quick calc of Star and Stripe catching a reflected laser and got 1.47% SoL (Sub-Relativistic)

So are the lasers that hit Shigaraki light speed? I would believe so, as they move in straight lines, are called lasers, come from technology, and are reflected and refracted. Also because I was bored, I did a quick calc of Star and Stripe catching a reflected laser and got 1.47% SoL (Sub-Relativistic)
Thats crazy… can you evaluate my calc? Nah but fr thats actually good. If only sub rela fuax method was looked over

They break no rules, and laser technology is current in development by the USA. And Shigaraki had to use Quirks that reflect and refract to move them, so yes they are likely made of light. I'm not going to go in on anything, but Sub-Relativistic reactions sound nice if accepted.

I just want to say... I think people are starting to overrate this feat.

It seems to me that Star and Stripe only really reacted after she was hit. Once she was able to touch it, she said the name of it and turned it into something she could catch.

I just want to say... I think people are starting to overrate this feat.

It seems to me that Star and Stripe only really reacted after she was hit. Once she was able to touch it, she said the name of it and turned it into something she could catch.
This is very true, she was affected by it since it blew off her mask. Though Shigaraki isn't generating the laser, he only reflected it. She was able to grab it before the laser disappeared, since the tail of the laser is still in the air and bending as she holds it.

I like to think that “lightning“ is one way of showing excess stockpiled energy in the universe. Off the top of my head, OFA’s power stocker, AFO’s multiplier quirk and Overclock all have this similar lightning. I /think/ Nine had it somewhere in the movie but I might be misremembering.

I like to think that “lightning“ is one way of showing excess stockpiled energy in the universe. Off the top of my head, OFA’s power stocker, AFO’s multiplier quirk and Overclock all have this similar lightning. I /think/ Nine had it somewhere in the movie but I might be misremembering.
Near the end, when he starts just discharging lightning between his hands and across his body

Back