• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We know that AFO can transfer himself into another body and take over. Being able to abandon bodies like that is the textbook definition of Type 6 Immortality.

It should be Durability negation though right?
Technically, but Izuku needs them to take his blood/DNA for that to work. Which he can do to Shigaraki because he could damage his body.

Note, we know that injecting it through the mouth causes it to take a few hours before it sticks. Blood to blood transfer appears to be instant.

We know that AFO can transfer himself into another body and take over. Being able to abandon bodies like that is the textbook definition of Type 6 Immortality.

Technically, but Izuku needs them to take his blood/DNA for that to work. Which he can do to Shigaraki because he could damage his body.

Note, we know that injecting it through the mouth causes it to take a few hours before it sticks. Blood to blood transfer appears to be instant.
So some form of Limited durability negation. If he ever makes contact with someone's blood he can use it.

So yeah nothing changed from TCB translations, the shockwaves from Dekus punch traveled all the way to the US and changed the weather throughout the entire country for a week! AND the strong winds are STILL there. Insanity! Definitely the best feat of MHA.

So yeah nothing changed, the shockwaves from Dekus punch traveled all the way to the US and changed the weather throughout the entire country for a week! AND the strong winds are STILL there. Insanity! Definitely the best feat of MHA.
I mean on paper its impressive but I'm wondering how it can be calc'd

All of you are thinking about this wrong. We're told it's been one week since the battle.

Meryl says they were suppose to get a week of stormy weather, but Izuku's punch made all of that go away and has instead been clear skies.

This is still an insane feat, in fact it's better than I thought. Since they're still expecting strong winds from Izuku's punch even after one week.

Have a good feeling this is going to be a significant upgrade. Can't say when I'll have anything yet, but I am working on this.

Izuku's punch producing strong winds even one week later is insane.

All of you are thinking about this wrong. We're told it's been one week since the battle.

Meryl says they were suppose to get a week of stormy weather, but Izuku's punch made all of that go away and has instead been clear skies.

This is still an insane feat, in fact it's better than I thought. They're still feeling strong winds from Izuku's punch even after one week.

Have a good feeling this is going to be a significant upgrade. Can't say when I'll have anything yet, but I am working on this.

Izuku's punch producing strong winds even one week later is insane.
Multi-Continental Deku?

95cc9c5be47efd93d3718b36de6e5d5e.jpg

So would only Deku scale to this? Or him and Shigaraki?
Scales to both Izuku and Shigaraki at the least. However, Izuku stated his OFA was only a little stronger than All Might's.

Not only that but these Embers are just Izuku with OFA, no enhancements and he's heavily injured/exhausted. Which we already know makes his attacks weaker.

Prime All Might would scale to this value. If the results do give an upgrade, it'll effect the Top Tiers. This would flip our current rating position, as the Prime level characters are scaling 60x above a feat. This could end up having Weakened All Might level characters will be scaling 60x below a feat instead.

I know that there's some logical reasons for why this punch from Deku would be weaker than what he is capable of normally...

But I have to ask, why didn't his earlier punches clear away the giant storm over Japan? Why is it only his last punch that did this?

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to interpret Deku's final punch as being his strongest in the fight, much like how All Might's final punch against All For One appeared to be his strongest in the fight as it actually knocked out AFO while his earlier punches couldn't.

I know that there's some logical reasons for why this punch from Deku would be weaker than what he is capable of normally...

But I have to ask, why didn't his earlier punches clear away the giant storm over Japan? Why is it only his last punch that did this?

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to interpret Deku's final punch as being his strongest in the fight, much like how All Might's final punch against All For One appeared to be his strongest in the fight as it actually knocked out AFO while his earlier punches couldn't.
I mean, that goes for the “One Million” percent moment as well, no? Deku’s big last punch did the best despite the fact he was in vastly better condition before that moment. Of course, it wasn’t a literal 1Mil%, but there was still a substantial jump in power. Or how Deku going into a super duper Full Cowling cleared the storm against Nine after he gave up his Quirk, (though he was aided by OFA Bakugou) whereas his prior attacks couldn’t despite being in much better position to do so. It’s just the power of “Plus Ultra” and raw will. (As well as just a lot of adrenaline.) Just stereotypical anime stuff.

This is the only time in the entire fight that Deku punched towards the sky if I'm not wrong

I mean, that goes for the “One Million” percent moment as well, no? Deku’s big last punch did the best despite the fact he was in vastly better condition before that moment. Of course, it wasn’t a literal 1Mil%, but there was still a substantial jump in power. Or how Deku going into a super duper Full Cowling cleared the storm against Nine after he gave up his Quirk, (though he was aided by OFA Bakugou) whereas his prior attacks couldn’t despite being in much better position to do so. It’s just the power of “Plus Ultra” and raw will. (As well as just a lot of adrenaline.) Just stereotypical anime stuff.
That's more or less my point though; Deku did exhibit more power against Muscular. So same thing could apply here.

Final battle logic where the last attack will always be the strongest.

I wouldn't read too much into it, the reason that punch changed the weather and not the previous ones is probably for the same reason Deku's Overdrive punches didn't change the weather despite being much stronger than the All Might that could do it, the feats themselves are there only when the author wants to make emphasis in them, All Might himself did not change the weather every time he fought despite using more power than normal.

All we know is that Deku is using power a little stronger than what All Might could deliver according to his own words.

Also it wasn't even a named attack like a United States of Smash or 1,000,000% Delaware Detroit Smash. Not entirely sure why it'd be vastly different from his other attacks. It's basically what Therefir said: final battle logic
To be fair, the act of naming a particular punch does not in and of itself grant any additional power to the punch.

To be fair, the act of naming a particularly punch does not in and of itself grant any additional power to the punch.
No but it's a good way of emphasizing specific attacks. United States of Smash defeated AFO for good at the time, 1,000,000% Delaware Detroit Smash was actively going beyond Deku's limits to defeat Muscular

Back