• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Can’t relate. If he manages to stall AFO long enough he can’t get to Shigaraki/gets clapped the second he tries to take on Shigaraki, I’m going to pass out from laughter.

AFO the only villain I want to lose from being a ******* idiot because he can’t control the rage flooding his body. Bro deserves nothing but AM talking shit to him until he snaps and loses everything he tried to take imo.
Agreed.

All Might is basically out of defenses since the Red Riot Shield and Dark Shadow Cloak seem to be the only ones that fit 1A defensive abilities unless Hori also gives him 1B abilities but that's unlikely.

I see All Might's best bets right now being the less straightforward abilities. Like I'm pretty sure he will have Hagakure's Invisibility and/or Tsuyu's camouflage. While AFO has all kinds of sensory Quirks, the suit might have the capabilities to cloak itself from stuff like infrared vision.

There's also Jirou's sound abilities. Blue Beetle movie is coming out soon and one of his core weapons is usually a Sonic canon.

With Shoji and Koda, the suit might be able to grow extra appendages like more arms, or separate some nano-bots to move around like insects and attack AFO. I just watched the movie Upgrade recently and there's a guy in that that kills people by sneezing microscopic nanites onto them. Once the breathe them in, the nanites enter their lungs and hook on. It was pretty brutal.

Momo also falls in this category as well. If the suit has an ability based off her, it will probably be like Ironman in Infinity War where the nano-bots can be reshaped into different things and weapons.

Iida is obviously some sort of superspeed so nothing to special. Same for Shoto and Bakugo - just fire/explosions and cryogenics.

The true turnaround may come if the suit can somehow replicate even a smidgen of Ochako's gravity powers.

Did someone fukk up Final Act Deku's win/loss/incon section? It's all squished together for some reason.

Edit: Pre-Final Act is the same way. What the hell happened?

Confirmation on All Might's age, he's 55 years old like most of us already expected based on the previous statements.

A short chapter, shortest by far I believe. Get two new Quirks from AFO and get some heavy damage on All Might. Darkness and Light Manipulation it seems?

The flashback of Nana and All Might's trash talking were just great.

People in universe are now starting to point out AFO's coping mechanism. How can this man have the nerve to say he isn't falling for All Might's plan while he continues to stay and fight him, instead of just ignoring him and leaving?

Not surpassed that's how he met Nana. We're definitely getting more flashbacks, and I might be looking forward to that the most.

Hope the shorter chapter is just a way of Horikoshi pacing himself, and that he'll keep himself in good health.

Confirmation on All Might's age, he's 55 years old like most of us already expected based on the previous statements.
Are we allowed to implement this into his profile already, or do we need to wait for the official translations, like with Muscular's real name?

Are we allowed to implement this into his profile already, or do we need to wait for the official translations, like with Muscular's real name?
I've actually noticed conflicting translation on it actually (Over 50, almost 55, over 55), best to wait for the official translation.

No reason not to play it safe, we shouldn't add stuff from unofficial releases anyway.

What’s more dope than both of those is tagging your spoilers like every other person in the thread.
That would be dope if I was pretty obvious and not vague. Literally no one who hasn't read the spoiler is gonna come here and see my comment and consider it a spoiler.

I will take heed of your warning when I want to post something that legitly confirms spoilers.

Short chapter and next chapter is guaranteed to be longer. I'll just take this as the prologue to the fight.

With both shields gone, next chapter All Might (and Hori for that matter) are gonna be forced to get creative cause All Might isn't pulling through with his defences gone.

Shouldn’t Deku have Accelerated Development for his predictions getting better mid-fight vs Gentle and Nagant? I feel that’s an important ability missing from his profile.
Isn't that standard for folks with Anal Precog? The more they fight and get used to the opponent's style the better their predictions get. It's not like Deku can predict someone first time without seeing them in action at least once or twice

Isn't that standard for folks with Anal Precog? The more they fight and get used to the opponent's style the better their predictions get. It's not like Deku can predict someone first time without seeing them in action at least once or twice
I mean I feel going from “I can’t predict Gentle’s movements, they are impossible” to “Ok I’ve mathematically mapped out everything he can do, down to his exact rubber shield sizes” within less than a minute is a pretty big gap to not be him just getting better.

Also something I’ve noticed: Overclock speed was upgraded due to the snail speed revision. So the 3x speed has gone from Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic, but Rappa and all other profiles scaling from that value aren’t updated.

We'd have to wait for an anime version to come out due to the fact we never see the bullets, but if you're curious...

Base Speed = 103295.50 m/s, Mach 305 (Massively Hypersonic)

3x Speed = 309886.52 m/s, Mach 903 (Massively Hypersonic)

10x Speed = 1032955.07 m/s, Mach 3011 (Massively Hypersonic+)

Emergency Speed (24x) = 2479092.17 m/s, Mach 7227 (Massively Hypersonic+)

Outlier indeed. Sub-Rel God Tiers doesn't change that.

In case anyone is curious, Nine hard capped the lower tiers from being lightning speed or comparable. He was confused on how Deku and Bakugo could avoid lightning. We'd either need multiple MHS+ feats to overcome that, or the MHS+ feats wouldn't scale to Nine and anyone else who scales to him.

So, for the past month people have been clowning Sukuna for being a fraud....which got me thinking.

Afo is among the biggest frauds in shounen history with unmatched cope (possibly only Lucifero from BC equaling it...irc)

Like, this man will die in the most god damn pathetic way imaginable, I can already sense it. His career might as well be over lol

No need for spoilers when the official chapter comes out. Also All Might just vaguely says he's over 50, I may need to check the Japanese Raws myself when I can.

But the age on the profile will probably be unchanged.

Can't get over AFO having the nerve to say he isn't falling for All Might's plan, all while he's falling for All Might's plan.

Also did they translation Springlike Limbs to Spring-Ify? I might actually take a look at those Raws. Also what is a Impure Beam?

I don't think that 45% Deku ever really hurt Shigaraki. He required 100% hits to do any meaningful damage. (I know what's on the profile currently. I just disagree with the interpretation that Deku's 45% kick actually hurt Shigaraki)
Looking at the scan, it seems like Deku was implying that he used 100% in that kick, not 45%.

AFO is an absolute clown. Bro did all this shit and couldn’t even figure out that the person he was grooming would simply overpower him.

Like, this war has been nothing but absolute L’s for him that he only is surviving cause of his cockroach Rewind drug.

He got tricked by Aoyama’s parents/Shinso and baited into this fight.

Didn’t expect Monoma splitting everyone up with the Troy plan + Warp Gate

His quirks rebelled against him thanks to Jiro to the point he was perma handicapped after that point

He got his mask smashed by Hawks, Jiro and Tokoyami after tryharding to kill them

He got COOKED by Endeavor so bad he had to resort to the Rewind Drug which he never planned to use

His vestige got stomped by Shigaraki/Deku, freeing Shiggy to have full control

Kurogiri doesn’t care about him and just wants to help Shigaraki/Eraserhead so that back up didn’t even work for him getting to Shigaraki

He got delayed AGAIN by the Shiketsu students showing up

His plan for Toga + Twice was crippled cause Toga couldn’t use any Quirks due to her mental struggle

Dark Shadow beat his face in horrendously until he aged down a ton

Machia turned against him and ALSO beat his face in while delaying him

He got dogpiled by everyone there until he pulls out his brand new quirk combos to escape

Doesn’t take Dark Shadow because Mineta stalled him

Runs into All Might and is now getting gigastalled AGAIN because of Shigaraki’s hatred infecting him.

This war has been nothing but L after L after L. He is going out like a loser pretending to be a Demon King because he couldn’t spare the brain power to take the fodder seriously.

AFO is an absolute clown. Bro did all this shit and couldn’t even figure out that the person he was grooming would simply overpower him.

Like, this war has been nothing but absolute L’s for him that he only is surviving cause of his cockroach Rewind drug.

His quirks rebelled against him thanks to Jiro to the point he was perma handicapped after that point

He got his mask smashed by Hawks, Jiro and Tokoyami after tryharding to kill them

He got COOKED by Endeavor so bad he had to resort to the Rewind Drug which he never planned to use

Kurogiri doesn’t care about him and just wants to help Shigaraki/Eraserhead so that back up didn’t even work for him getting to Shigaraki

His plan for Toga + Twice was crippled cause Toga couldn’t use any Quirks due to her mental struggle

He got dogpiled by everyone there until he pulls out his brand new quirk combos to escape

Runs into All Might and is now getting gigastalled AGAIN because of Shigaraki’s hatred infecting him.

This war has been nothing but L after L after L. He is going out like a loser pretending to be a Demon King because he couldn’t spare the brain power to take the fodder seriously.
Never trust a villain calling themselves a Demon King

Basically:
tumblr_b726e0fa8602b0df1305da446621ddaf_2b6d5d0c_1280.jpg

ok but let's be real I doubt that we can clown on him for everything, things like his quirks rebelling was from using a Copy of AFO as well or like, we all thought Toga would be able to use quirks with Twice as well, all that stuff. unlike Sukuna who's clownery is all his fault

Reminder that the only reason AFO was successful in any capacity in getting his plans to reach this far is because the current person holding one for all was a chronically nervous kid that just started high school. And that was the time he wanted to enact his big schemes.

Deadass give Midoriya a full year of training OFA before the story really started and he would’ve wiped the floor with the whole LOV in their very first attack.

Throughout heaven and earth he alone is truly the fraudulent one.

In case anyone is curious, Nine hard capped the lower tiers from being lightning speed or comparable. He was confused on how Deku and Bakugo could avoid lightning. We'd either need multiple MHS+ feats to overcome that, or the MHS+ feats wouldn't scale to Nine and anyone else who scales to him.
Did Nine ever hit Deku with lightning when he's in 20%? If yes, was Deku in any sort of debilitating state?

Did Nine ever hit Deku with lightning when he's in 20%? If yes, was Deku in any sort of debilitating state?
No... maybe?

Nine used lightning against Izuku and Bakugo because his power scan Quirk saw something in Izuku's kick. I'm curious on what made Nine open his eyes in shock and decided to use his lightning, since he already saw 20% Izuku in action beforehand and easily stopped his kick. Too much speculation.

Both Izuku and Bakugo were down from this attack, though both of them had prior injuries.

No... maybe?

Nine used lightning against Izuku and Bakugo because his power scan Quirk saw something in Izuku's kick. I'm curious on what made Nine open his eyes in shock and decided to use his lightning, since he already saw 20% Izuku in action beforehand and easily stopped his kick. Too much speculation.

Both Izuku and Bakugo were down from this attack, though both of them had prior injuries.
Then maybe the 10-20%+ could possibly breach MHS+ but i doubt it

Back