• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I wonder if we can get rid of Gigantomachia's Varies rating and make him plain High 6-C.

Dark Shadow, despite clashing with 100% Re-Destro, was terrified of a casual Machia who wasn't doing anything. This is probably Machia at his most chill and he's still being rated as stronger than Re-Destro. Also, that should give Dark Shadow Enhanced Senses or something, since he could somehow tell Machia is stronger.

We see what Dark Shadow saw in the panel, there is nothing on Machia that shows he'd massively stronger than Re-Destro. He's crouched down on the floor and DS can only see a small part of his body. He's also in his small state, which is still bigger than humans, is comparable to Re-Destro and smaller than Mount Lady.

The idea of that scene was to portray Machia as a bigger threat than Re-Destro, yes.

Can someone explain to me how a support item can be so broken and why we've never seen anything like it before in the series?

Can someone explain to me how a support item can be so broken and why we've never seen anything like it before in the series?
Because no one has the connections, knowledge or need to have anything like this. The best possible, AM tier support gear is all coming from Melissa Shied (Full/Mid Gauntlets, Hercules) except for Mei’s Iron Soles.

Like, the specs, money and time required for AM’s suit is something only he would have access to or would need. Support items are meant to enhance your Quirk, not give Quirkless people abilities. Hence why it can be so varied: he’s making up for having nothing while having the imagination and inspiration of what could work.

A normal hero would just want something that aids their fighting style/Quirk. AM, who has no quirk while having the most fighting experience, is getting custom gear from the smartest person with specific abilities and tech in mind. It’s a masterclass of several items put together that really only a Quirkless person could take advantage of.

It was made by Melissa Shield, the daughter of David Shield, one of the greatest minds in the entire world.

Melissa previously made the Full Gauntlet. Which was able to withstand 3 of All Might's attacks at 100%. And the Mid-Gauntlets, which can handle 45% without breaking.

Why would we see anything like this before in the series? I can't imagine how much something like this would even cost.

All Might only got this due to his connections.

Edit: Ninja'd

I wonder if we can get rid of Gigantomachia's Varies rating and make him plain High 6-C.
Neutral on this since it's confidence scaling and DS being afraid of Machia doesn't necessarily mean he'd scale especially since it's a 6th sense thing.

I am more favorable for Machia's durability being higher than what it is currently though.

It depends.

Froppy should be 8-B+ for managing to hurt and take down those giant villains that Nejire blasted, send tweet post.
She didn't hurt them with her physical attacks if I recall.

Her and Uraraka made a bunch of rubble weightless and they launched them, Uraraka then released her Quirk before the rubble hits the villains.

That doesn't scale to anyone.

What happened to Nighteye one-shotting a Rappa clone with his seals ? Also could the result for his LS be higher if we also take into account the crater that he made throwing Rappa or is that not a legitimate way to get LS?

What happened to Nighteye one-shotting a Rappa clone with his seals ? Also could the result for his LS be higher if we also take into account the crater that he made throwing Rappa or is that not a legitimate way to get LS?
I'm dealing with that and more eventually.

The High 6-C and other stuff kind of took priority for me.

Edit: I'm still in casual mode.

I just saw that they already made the changes in profiles, he knew that it makes sense, I doubt that much bigger feats will be shown from here on out.
Does anyone have the calculations?

Authors have to produce 2 chapters before a holiday hence why we had text leaks as early as last week. So this chapter was made at the same time as 396.

But sadly Hori hasn't learned word padding like Togashi or Isin and Akatsuki (Medaka Box). We could have had 2 pages of word boxes and barely any art just explaining All Might's suit or AFO's choice in abilities.

Throw in some background narration and sketch-like doodles like Gege's CT explanations and the chapter could have been padded to 10-12 pages.

Authors have to produce 2 chapters before a holiday hence why we had text leaks as early as last week. So this chapter was made at the same time as 396.

But sadly Hori hasn't learned word padding like Togashi or Isin and Akatsuki (Medaka Box). We could have had 2 pages of word boxes and barely any art just explaining All Might's suit or AFO's choice in abilities.

Throw in some background narration and sketch-like doodles like Gege's CT explanations and the chapter could have been padded to 10-12 pages.
No, let the man rest for Christ's sake

Hey I have a question, so we've accepted that with fa jin deku is able to produce a quintiple smash which should make it a 5× multiplier to his ap. But we've also seen fajin used before to increase his speed, so can we use fajin also as a 5× speed multiplier? Which would make deku mach 85778.720117, which is still sub relativistic but in the highest ranges.

Hey I have a question, so we've accepted that with fa jin deku is able to produce a quintiple smash which should make it a 5× multiplier to his ap. But we've also seen fajin used before to increase his speed, so can we use fajin also as a 5× speed multiplier? Which would make deku mach 85778.720117, which is still sub relativistic but in the highest ranges.
Is there anything to suggest the ap and speed multipliers are the same?

The AP and speed shouldn’t be equal multipliers, as a “repeated motion” is the only reason it’s a multiplier in the first place. He can flex his pinky and store Fa Jin, it’s not a perfectly linear multiplier unless the motion he used to store it up is multiple punches/kicks.
Is there anything to suggest the ap and speed multipliers are the same?
Nah

Nah, he’s baiting AFO too hard for this fight to end soon. His armor is getting messed up but he probably still has tons of stuff to throw at him (he just showed off his cape was a Dark shadow shield I mean come on). Also he apparently just swapped to “support mode” so we’ll see what that does, since it’s clearly much weaker than before due to the damage to his arms. Like he punches AFO and he kinda just smiles at AM and doesn’t even move.

Also AFO getting so pissed that he’s just mixing random Quirks to trash All Might with no care of the combination is funny af. Bro is literally throwing everything and the kitchen sink at him because of how pissed he is.

I’ve learned to stop underestimating the heroes ability to stall in fights they shouldn’t be winning when Ochako was deflecting and fighting Toga’s entire clone storm for several chapters, then got stabbed and kept fighting thousands of clones off until she awakened.

Let All Might cook.
If All Might genuinely beats AFO I’m dropping the series

I’ve learned to stop underestimating the heroes ability to stall in fights they shouldn’t be winning when Ochako was deflecting and fighting Toga’s entire clone storm for several chapters, then got stabbed and kept fighting thousands of clones off until she awakened.

Let All Might cook.
I'm telling you man, Ochako is just built different.

If All Might genuinely beats AFO I’m dropping the series
Can’t relate. If he manages to stall AFO long enough he can’t get to Shigaraki/gets clapped the second he tries to take on Shigaraki, I’m going to pass out from laughter.

AFO the only villain I want to lose from being a ******* idiot because he can’t control the rage flooding his body. Bro deserves nothing but AM talking shit to him until he snaps and loses everything he tried to take imo.

Back