• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

And sadly nitroglycerin explosions loses speed extremely quickly, which is why people like nine who can block the explosions from less than half a meter away can’t be calced off the feat, or any of the other characters reacting to them.
While he does travel a big distance the explosion itself has already expanded to about a meter in size (comparable to BJ) so blitzing it at it’s 7,700 m/s speed probably won’t be accepted

Yall best bet is to try to get them to allow you to use 7,700 despite it dispersing some considering bakugo is thousands of times faster than that

And for Suneater’s feat there’s no accurate way to find the timeframe so we would have to run off an assumption. 1 second preferably.
Sadly the attack doesn’t blitz or outpace anyone as even Mirio had enough time to punch tomura in the face.

And sadly nitroglycerin explosions loses speed extremely quickly, which is why people like nine who can block the explosions from less than half a meter away can’t be calced off the feat, or any of the other characters reacting to them.
While he does travel a big distance the explosion itself has already expanded to about a meter in size (comparable to BJ) so blitzing it at it’s 7,700 m/s speed probably won’t be accepted
What is the speed of nitroglycerin after it loses its initial velocity?

And for Suneater’s feat there’s no accurate way to find the timeframe so we would have to run off an assumption. 1 second preferably.
Sadly the attack doesn’t blitz or outpace anyone as even Mirio had enough time to punch tomura in the face.
But for the distance i got 12km… even if you go with 1s that’s only high hypersonic. So when it comes to speed something has to be figured out.

But treating it like an explosion gives 7.4784253192169e+16 joules tho (city level?)

But for the distance i got 12km… even if you go with 1s that’s only high hypersonic. So when it comes to speed something has to be figured out.

But treating it like an explosion gives 7.4784253192169e+16 joules tho (city level?)
Cool stuff but Tamaki will probably be scaling to 6-C+ anyways so it could be a supporting feat idk

Well if it's Prime then Miles and Peter would stomp since they are 4-B and MFTL+ but in their Base Forms they get slapped

One AoE blast from bakugo would turn them to ash yet people are saying Spider-Man took on the hulk so he has to win

Bro what are y’all talking about? Base Comic Spider-Man alone literally blitzes and outmaneuvers the entire verse with the exception of the high to god tiers

If what happens next chapter is true and stays that way, Im going to feel bad for Horikoshi because that man is going to be sent countless hate mail for that choice

In all my years of reading Spider-Man comics, I have never even seen that man break the sound barrier. Spider sense is good and all though but even being able to literally glimpse the future is no good if your body can't move as fast. Especially with ranged attacks. So what if you foresee something, if an attack has a range of several city blocks and takes an instant to deploy, if you can't outrun it you're done.

But technically with his base comic strength ranging from 10 tons to 100 tons in a lot of comic runs, there is no reason he shouldn't be able to sprint/run/punch etc at supersonic ranges. But a lot of comics don't and none of the movies as well ever portray him with movement speed of that level. He never even gets to break the sound barrier or outrun actual bullets. I guess it's cause they still want to do street level stories with him where even Daredevil & Kingpin level "peak" humans can remain a threat to him.

In all my years of reading Spider-Man comics, I have never even seen that man break the sound barrier. Spider sense is good and all though but even being able to literally glimpse the future is no good if your body can't move as fast. Especially with ranged attacks. So what if you foresee something, if an attack has a range of several city blocks and takes an instant to deploy, if you can't outrun it you're done.

But technically with his base comic strength ranging from 10 tons to 100 tons in a lot of comic runs, there is no reason he shouldn't be able to sprint/run/punch etc at supersonic ranges. But a lot of comics don't and none of the movies as well ever portray him with movement speed of that level. He never even gets to break the sound barrier or outrun actual bullets. I guess it's cause they still want to do street level stories with him where even Daredevil & Kingpin level "peak" humans can remain a threat to him.
Spider-Man traveled faster than sound here:
IMG_6498.jpg

He can’t travel anywhere near his combat speed though but he can at least break the sound barrier

Back