• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

All of those amps and new moves, and he's still at the same level in AP something is not adding up here.
So, we're just gonna assume that he's comparable to Deku because you don't like the idea of him staying at High 8-C? Absolutely ridiculous.

Deku was damaged by the explosion, we see bruise marks on his face.
There's really no confirmation on it actually is. Those lines could represent a variety of things. Burn marks, dirt, dust, etc. Doesn't hint at Bakugou actually bruising Deku with his explosions. And I would like to remind you; Bakugou's explosions have been shown on numerous occasions to leave burn marks on objects. It's incredibly likely that what we're seeing here on Deku's face is probably the result of that.

So Bakugo saving Deku from an attack by Shigiraki means nothing? How is that not an AP feat. Todoroki has that as a support for his Mountain level feat why can't Bakugo have it too?
Because the feats for that rating simply don't exist. You're arguing that Bakugou should be a certain tier simply because you want him to. Which defies all sorts of rules placed on this wiki.

If you want Bakugou to be higher than High 8-C, especially after the War Arc, you'd have better luck in trying to calc and search for feats.

Not sure if it helps, but the guide book or whatever they were handing out for the My Hero Academia movie has a statement that could potentially help (Not increase his tier drastically, but maybe it could be used for something?). I grabbed one, and in one line/page of the booklet

A character who had a quirk that involves explosives was stated to have explosions that can destroy buildings, and as stated in the guide, Bakugo considered the explosions to be pathetic

Not sure if that helps, but if it does, I can get a screenshot of the page when I get home if anyone's interested.

Not sure if it helps, but the guide book or whatever they were handing out for the My Hero Academia movie has a statement that could potentially help (Not increase his tier drastically, but maybe it could be used for something?). I grabbed one, and in one line/page of the booklet

A character who had a quirk that involves explosives was stated to have explosions that can destroy buildings, and as stated in the guide, Bakugo considered the explosions to be pathetic

Not sure if that helps, but if it does, I can get a screenshot of the page when I get home if anyone's interested.
That's actually pretty dope. I'll look into this when I buy the booklet perhaps.

That's actually pretty dope. I'll look into this when I buy the booklet perhaps.
I could post the page here. Or another general chat if it's more appropriate. I think it could potentially get calculated by finding an average size for a building in the environment they live and find the destruction value for said building (I imagine fragmentation up to violent fragmentation). I wouldn't mind doing a calc myself if all of those values could be found.

I could post the page here. Or another general chat if it's more appropriate. I think it could potentially get calculated by finding an average size for a building in the environment they live and find the destruction value for said building (I imagine fragmentation up to violent fragmentation). I wouldn't mind doing a calc myself if all of those values could be found.
That would be fine.

Sorry in advance for bad quality. I'll edit it if I can get a better pic. If it's too hard to read, I'll type word for word what the Quirk description says. Some notes; it seems like a fodder villain as they don't even have a name. Their name in the booklet is quite literally 'Bomb Villain' whilst every other character who's relevant has their name in the book.

I probably don't need to spoiler, but just in case

IMG-20211203-152656.jpg

What it says:

Quirk: Fire Cracker - It gives him the ability to rip off chunks of his hair and explode them like firecrackers. The blasts are strong enough to destroy buildings, but according to Balugo, they're "pathetic."

Given Buildings it plural, this means the explosions are either powerful enough to destroy several buildings, or pack the firepower to destroy most types of buildings where they are in the world. This means we shouldn't take the smallest buildings there available. Average-sized buildings or even large buildings should work if it were to be calculated.

Sorry in advance for bad quality. I'll edit it if I can get a better pic. If it's too hard to read, I'll type word for word what the Quirk description says. Some notes; it seems like a fodder villain as they don't even have a name. Their name in the booklet is quite literally 'Bomb Villain' whilst every other character who's relevant has their name in the book.

I probably don't need to spoiler, but just in case

IMG-20211203-152656.jpg

What it says:

Quirk: Fire Cracker - It gives him the ability to rip off chunks of his hair and explode them like firecrackers. The blasts are strong enough to destroy buildings, but according to Balugo, they're "pathetic."

Given Buildings it plural, this means the explosions are either powerful enough to destroy several buildings, or pack the firepower to destroy most types of buildings where they are in the world. This means we shouldn't take the smallest buildings there available. Average-sized buildings or even large buildings should work if it were to be calculated.
We could probably put this on Bakugou’s description behind is rating

Can’t make him 8-A (less than 20x stronger) but if he harms deku anytime soon he gets over 100 billion times stronger. Make it make sense 😭
It's all about feats. Obviously we knows he's gotten stronger especially with the compressed explosions which should basically be his version of FlashFire thus a huge power up.

But so fat we have only seen speed feats from Cluster and not much of strength/AP feats from it.

There is no reason to rush stuff when he will probably get better and actually calcable feats in his next fight.

It's all about feats. Obviously we knows he's gotten stronger especially with the compressed explosions which should basically be his version of FlashFire thus a huge power up.

But so fat we have only seen speed feats from Cluster and not much of strength/AP feats from it.

There is no reason to rush stuff when he will probably get better and actually calcable feats in his next fight.
…..? His 8-A rating would be based off of calcs and a boost less than 20x shouldn’t be a problem at all if he can be 100 billion+x stronger if he does one thing which is gonna happen

Also if Todoroki succeeds in what he is training for in the new chapter the distance between him and Bakugo will only widen.

Some guy on Reddit is trying to tell me 100% DEKU wouldn’t be S class in OPM, and that A class heroes have feats on 100% level.

Hmmmm.

Back