• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I can no longer get the image of AFO doing Aoyama’s air humps/pelvic thrusts to shoot the navel laser out of my head and it’s hurting me
deleto-blue-vegito.gif

Bakugo could keep up and harm 45% Deku. Bakugo has seen 45% in action before and was still training around Deku while he had this power. Bakugo wanted to test his powers against Deku and given Bakugo's ego he would be pissed if it was anything but 45%

Plus, Todoroki has the same rating to support his mountain level rating: "Defeated a weakened Shigaraki alongside Nejire Chan"

It's on the profile
A quote from Rusty:

"Bakugo's condensed explosions are higher by an unknown. Not enough to change the gap, and doesn't change that Luffy one shots him. Also I don't know why it says his explosions ignore durability with heat, when his explosion only made All Might say ow and left zero marks on him. And those blast were his weaker explosions."

"His full power explosions didn't leave a single burn mark, so I don't know where hurting All Might came from. Especially when a character comparable to All Might, Shigaraki, says that Bakugo's explosions are just cute fireworks. Bakugo has no feats of causing anything more than slight burns at worst, only his OFA state actually caused a full body burn against Nine."

A quote from Rusty:

"Bakugo's condensed explosions are higher by an unknown. Not enough to change the gap, and doesn't change that Luffy one shots him. Also I don't know why it says his explosions ignore durability with heat, when his explosion only made All Might say ow and left zero marks on him. And those blast were his weaker explosions."

"His full power explosions didn't leave a single burn mark, so I don't know where hurting All Might came from. Especially when a character comparable to All Might, Shigaraki, says that Bakugo's explosions are just cute fireworks. Bakugo has no feats of causing anything more than slight burns at worst, only his OFA state actually caused a full body burn against Nine."
Bakugo with a gauntlet slammed tomura into the ground (tho he was in the air, he would need to emit enough force to cancel out his jumps, which is compared to AM), and he looks as if he was hurt (facial expressions)

So we should remove dura nega from his profile also. It makes no sense how his explosions have dura nega but are fodder to stronger characters

Bakugo doesn't scale with that either, Shigaraki wasn't shown to be hurt by his attack alone. Stopping his jump isn't a feat either.

Let's not start reaching here, if Horikoshi wants Bakugo to be able to fight certain people he'll show it clearly in the future.

But we're talking about Condensed Explosions/Current Bakugo with his new moves. There's plenty of evidence that he should scale to 45%, or if not at least a possibly rating.

But we're talking about Condensed Explosions/Current Bakugo with his new moves. There's plenty of evidence that he should scale to 45%, or if not at least a possibly rating.
This is almost nothing, since training with Izuku is way too vague to get a rating out of.

At absolute best, this is a possibly rating. Though we have no idea what percentage Izuku is using here, he could be using 30% for all we know. I'm very against scaling Bakugo based on this, he'll have his time in the future. I think people are jumping the gun way too hard here.

Bakugo doesn't scale with that either, Shigaraki wasn't shown to be hurt by his attack alone. Stopping his jump isn't a feat either.

Let's not start reaching here, if Horikoshi wants Bakugo to be able to fight certain people he'll show it clearly in the future.
His visual expressions show he may have been harmed and stopping his jump should be a feat

His visual expressions show he may have been harmed and stopping his jump should be a feat
No. He has no pained expression at all (Frowning equals pain now?), how about we not reach for something. Shigaraki doesn't even react in pain to being ripped almost in half, or standing in fire that was burning him. Guess that means Bakugo's attack was stronger? The only thing that made Shigaraki react in pain was 100% and Prominence Burn.

His jump is not 7-A+, just like how 5% Izuku's jump isn't High 8-C. A jump doesn't equal anything unless that person has shown to have that level of power with that jump. Shigaraki/All Might has not showcased that his jump propels him with 7-A levels of power.

We are strict on MHA, we will wait until Bakugo shows his true power eventually.

No. He has no pained expression at all (Frowning equals pain now?), how about we not reach for something. Shigaraki doesn't even react in pain to being ripped almost in half, or standing in fire that was burning him. Guess that means Bakugo's attack was stronger? The only thing that made Shigaraki react in pain was 100% and Prominence Burn.

His jump is not 7-A+, just like how 5% Izuku's jump isn't High 8-C. A jump doesn't equal anything unless that person has shown to have that level of power with that jump. Shigaraki/All Might has not showcased that his jump propels him with 7-A levels of power.

We are strict on MHA, we will wait until Bakugo shows his true power eventually.
ok
what about him bruising deku's face?

ok
what about him bruising deku's face?
Unsure, I feel like it's too earlier to say anything right now.

Izuku is shown to be sweating, so he is exerting himself in their training. So at least Bakugo is keeping up in terms of speed, though we can't be 100% sure if Izuku is using 45%, even though it would be a natural assumption to make. Like I said earlier, at best I can say this is a possibly rating but would prefer to wait until more information comes out. Personally I see Bakugo being comparable to 30%, which in my opinion is closer to 45% than what we rate is as but for obvious reason we can't make it higher.

It’s honestly a bit weird that current Bakugou is likely just as strong as his calc in the movie (i said LIKELY)

Guess that’s what we get for only calculating the shockwave and not cloud dispersion

Unsure, I feel like it's too earlier to say anything right now.

Izuku is shown to be sweating, so he is exerting himself in their training. So at least Bakugo is keeping up in terms of speed, though we can't be 100% sure if Izuku is using 45%, even though it would be a natural assumption to make. Like I said earlier, at best I can say this is a possibly rating but would prefer to wait until more information comes out. Personally I see Bakugo being comparable to 30%, which in my opinion is closer to 45% than what we rate is as but for obvious reason we can't make it higher.
ok i still cant fathom bakugo only getting 1.7x stronger and todoroki getting100 billion times stronger

All of those amps and new moves, and he's still at the same level in AP something is not adding up here.
It's about a lack of AP feats not that we don't know he got stronger. Obviously he got stronger but he hasn't shown any attacks with Cluster on a serious target that did any serious damage.

We know the showings will come in the future but so far they haven't.

So Bakugo saving Deku from an attack by Shigiraki means nothing? How is that not an AP feat. Todoroki has that as a support for his Mountain level feat why can't Bakugo have it too?

I'd prefer it if we had a possibly rating for Bakugo, but yea, we can wait for more evidence if that's what everyone agrees with.

So Bakugo saving Deku from an attack by Shigiraki means nothing? How is that not an AP feat. Todoroki has that as a support for his Mountain level feat why can't Bakugo have it too?
What do you mean saving Izuku? Getting impaled means absolutely nothing, and his bracer attack has no proof of hurting Shigaraki at all. Doesn't help that Endeavor punched him with Vanishing Fist right after. Right now we wait, since nothing is fully set in stone here.

Back