• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Mountain level+ with Muscle Augmentation (Clashed with a punch from Deku at 100%)

could be
Mountain level with Muscle Augmentation (Clashed with a punch from a weakened Deku at 100%)
But that Deku is post Heroes Rising and therefore as strong as Heroes Rising All Might.

Edit: I was referring to Two Heroes.

Last edited:
But that Deku is post Heroes Rising and therefore as strong as Heroes Rising All Might.
The Deku vs Muscular is the one post Heroes rising….? You mean two heroes?
Assuming u meant two heroes Ik, but it doesn’t change the reasoning. Deku’s arm was already shattered from a previous 100% smash making it weaker than usual and even muscular noted that he was WAYY weaker than before. I think it’s safe to down scale muscular to baseline.

So its like this.
Heroes Rising Deku=748.01>Deku vs Muscular 100%>“way weaker” 100% smash Deku clash vs Muscular

The Deku vs Muscular is the one post Heroes rising….? You mean two heroes?
Assuming u meant two heroes Ik, but it doesn’t change the reasoning. Deku’s arm was already shattered from a previous 100% smash making it weaker than usual and even muscular noted that he was WAYY weaker than before. I think it’s safe to down scale muscular to baseline.

So its like this.
Heroes Rising Deku=748.01>Deku vs Muscular 100%>“way weaker” 100% smash Deku clash vs Muscular
Both of Deku’s 100% smashes hurt Muscular, meaning his broke arm smash was not astronomically weaker than the fresh one he did, which Muscular blocked. So Muscular scales to Two Heroes Deku fully. He’s not over 6x weaker than the first smash he blocked, that makes no sense.

Both of Deku’s 100% smashes hurt Muscular, meaning his broke arm smash was not astronomically weaker than the fresh one he did, which Muscular blocked. So Muscular scales to Two Heroes Deku fully. He’s not over 6x weaker than the first smash he blocked, that makes no sense.
The first smash did as Muscular was not using all of his fibers/was holding back. The 2nd smash didn't hurt muscular I'm not sure where you are getting this from. Astronomically is an exaggeration but it was massive as muscular noted that it is WAY weaker than the first smash.
6x is an assumption if anything, you're ignoring the fact that the Mountain level+ scaling comes from heroes rising and this Deku happened far before the events of the movie.
Heroes Rising Deku>>regular 100% Deku vs Muscular>> weakened 100% Deku clash with Muscular

BoS 100% Deku is baseline 7-A+ (550 Megatons) scaling from Endeavor. Not 740 Megatons scaling from Heroes Rising 100% Deku.

The first smash did as Muscular was not using all of his fibers/was holding back. The 2nd smash didn't hurt muscular I'm not sure where you are getting this from. Astronomically is an exaggeration but it was massive as muscular noted that it is WAY weaker than the first smash.
6x is an assumption if anything, you're ignoring the fact that the Mountain level+ scaling comes from heroes rising and this Deku happened far before the events of the movie.
Heroes Rising Deku>>regular 100% Deku vs Muscular>> weakened 100% Deku clash with Muscular
Muscular literally yelled in pain because the second smash hurt him. Muscular definitely used his fibers as defensively as possible with the first smash, and was still injured.

“6x is an assumption”? 100% Deku is comparable to All Might who is still above Endeavor. Your argument of making Muscular baseline is nonsensical because 100% Deku and All Might would also be baseline.

Muscular is remaining at Mountain+ with the rest of the top tiers. There is no reason at all for a huge gap to be present between him and them.

That scaling chain does not justify Muscular being baseline 7A.
I truly want to see where Deku's weakened smash during their clash hurt muscular, unless you're referring to the 1,000,000% smash.
When they clash, Muscular yells “yowwwch!” Right before calling the second smash weaker. You can see his muscle fibers ripping, he is clearly taking damage from this smash just not as much as the first one. So he scales to the first one.

I always get the movie names mixed up, but yeah, as King said downgrading Muscular to baseline 7-A makes no sense, he could survive a punch that had the power of All Might with minimal injuries and Deku had to go to Plus Ultra to actually overpower and defeat him.

It hasn't even been 24 ******* hours and I'm already seeing people call out Horikoshi for his "misogyny" in discord. Why? Because S&S died.

That's it, I'm committing Persona 3.
xWb38cn.gif

It hasn't even been 24 ******* hours and I'm already seeing people call out Horikoshi for his "misogyny" in discord. Why? Because S&S died.

That's it, I'm committing Persona 3.
xWb38cn.gif
Heh?
I mean like, Star was awesome, and she did all she could, I thought it was well known that Star was not getting out of that alive, cause Shigaraki/Afo/Whatever they are now, is the main villain

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, in Horikoshi’s defense, the only reason the women constantly get hurt and killed is because they are right next to the guys 24/7 and are often some of the stronger combatants. Like, Mirko, Star, Nagant, Nejire are all hitting top tiers like High Ends around just as well as the guys. Even people like Ryukyu and Mount Lady have had some great showings and have always stuck around even when outmatched.

I suppose their complaint is that these women tend to get messed up more permanently? Or that they’re noticeable characters so it sticks out? But look at Gran Torino, or Aizawa, or Hawks. The guys gets stomped on and lose too.

I think it’s more so that the women characters are so badass and cool that seeing them have to go isn’t something people want, so they call misogyny, even though Horikoshi is literally making the women just as badass and powerful as the guys.

“6x is an assumption”? 100% Deku is comparable to All Might who is still above Endeavor. Your argument of making Muscular baseline is nonsensical because 100% Deku and All Might would also be baseline.
This right here is confusing me. Are you not reading it? The argument is he got weaker but it doesn’t matter bc confusion got cleared up

I mean, in Horikoshi’s defense, the only reason the women constantly get hurt and killed is because they are right next to the guys 24/7 and are often some of the stronger combatants. Like, Mirko, Star, Nagant, Nejire are all hitting top tiers like High Ends around just as well as the guys. Even people like Ryukyu and Mount Lady have had some great showings and have always stuck around even when outmatched.

I suppose their complaint is that these women tend to get messed up more permanently? Or that they’re noticeable characters so it sticks out? But look at Gran Torino, or Aizawa, or Hawks. The guys gets stomped on and lose too.

I think it’s more so that the women characters are so badass and cool that seeing them have to go isn’t something people want, so they call misogyny, even though Horikoshi is literally making the women just as badass and powerful as the guys.
In my point of view, it stems from the fact that these supposedly powerful, influential, female characters get less screentime than lesser, minor characters who happen to be male. I am well aware that SnS was a side character and wouldn't get as much dedication as the major characters in the series, but there's very little excusing the fact she had existed for only a fraction as long as Sir Nighteye who stuck around for dozens of chapters until his death. She idolized All Might like Deku and Nighteye did and although she never got the chance to actually work and cooperate with him, you'd think that this part of the series would be the perfect time for her to finally meet All Might and his successor face-to-face, work with her hero, and help out Midoriya and his class like Nighteye did. She wouldn't have needed to have died or sacrificed herself so early anyway and she could have done so later on to help Deku stand a chance against AFO in their final encounter.

Unfortunately, she ended up with less than half(?) as much screentime as Fat Gum. Not to destroy his character in any way as he was extremely instrumental in Kirishima's development, but at the end of the day he, a minor pro hero, stuck around in the story much longer than America's number one hero. I'm personally unsure if I should class such actions as Horikoshi unintentionally engaging in sexism, but when you bring it into perspective you certainly can understand why people are so disappointed in how she was handled. I was too.

In my point of view, it stems from the fact that these supposedly powerful, influential, female characters get less screentime than lesser, minor characters who happen to be male. I am well aware that SnS was a side character and wouldn't get as much dedication as the major characters in the series, but there's very little excusing the fact she had existed for only a fraction as long as Sir Nighteye who stuck around for dozens of chapters until his death. She idolized All Might like Deku and Nighteye did and although she never got the chance to actually work and cooperate with him, you'd think that this part of the series would be the perfect time for her to finally meet All Might and his successor face-to-face, work with her hero, and help out Midoriya and his class like Nighteye did.

Unfortunately, she ended up with less than half(?) as much screentime as Fat Gum. Not to destroy his character in any way as he was extremely instrumental in Kirishima's development, but at the end of the day he, a minor pro hero, stuck around in the story much longer than America's number one hero. I'm personally unsure if I should class such actions as Horikoshi unintentionally engaging in sexism, but when you bring it into perspective you certainly can understand why people are so disappointed in how she was handled. I was too.
Whoa there, so you accepting that Hirokoshi is a sexism? o_O

Whoa there, so you accepting that Hirokoshi is a sexism? o_O
I literally said out loud that I was unsure as to say he was even unintentionally sexist in the series—I highly doubt he intended to be. That was to say that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt even though I understand why some people would be willing to do otherwise.

remind me that once the anime catch up to where Midnight died, the fandom would be exploded
About this specific death.
To be fair she was the only teacher who could have a credible impact death, both for class 1-A and for readers; Well, both ErazerHead and Present Mic have an open plot arc, and Ectoplasm, Cementoss, Power Loader, Snipe and Vlad King just don't care about any / almost any reader.

About this specific death.
To be fair she was the only teacher who could have a credible impact death, both for class 1-A and for readers; Well, both ErazerHead and Present Mic have an open plot arc, and Ectoplasm, Cementoss, Power Loader, Snipe and Vlad King just don't care about any / almost any reader.
Yes but said her death when the anime is catching up would cause the fandom exploded in bad way, thats what i afraid for

What did Kishimoto do? I'm not knowledgable on manga writers...
Essentially just about all his female characters are shafted in some way. Only ones who got moments of note were Hinata, Sakura, Temari, Tayuya and Tsunade and they’re far between and rare. Heck Tayuya and Temari’s focus is exclusively in Part 1 and Sakura Tsunade and Hinata only get time to shine twice in part 2 and once in part 1.

Plus Sakura’s character is pretty bad due to her primarily just being obsessed with Sasuke and Hinata also got shafted for Naruto although her case is better as she is just a side character but gets her moments.

I don’t know if it’s truly sexist cause Kishimoto doesn’t seem to necessarily look down on them but all these women were afaik intended to be side characters anyway and from that perspective they aren’t too bad however Sakura’s repeated backsliding is actually bad.

In my point of view, it stems from the fact that these supposedly powerful, influential, female characters get less screentime than lesser, minor characters who happen to be male. I am well aware that SnS was a side character and wouldn't get as much dedication as the major characters in the series, but there's very little excusing the fact she had existed for only a fraction as long as Sir Nighteye who stuck around for dozens of chapters until his death. She idolized All Might like Deku and Nighteye did and although she never got the chance to actually work and cooperate with him, you'd think that this part of the series would be the perfect time for her to finally meet All Might and his successor face-to-face, work with her hero, and help out Midoriya and his class like Nighteye did. She wouldn't have needed to have died or sacrificed herself so early anyway and she could have done so later on to help Deku stand a chance against AFO in their final encounter.

I wouldn’t really call that sexism. Star wasn’t a character intended for like a long time. The earliest you could trace her to is the production of Two Heroes (pretty sure the Overhaul arc had come and gone then) and she’s going against one of the god tiers of the verse she logically couldn’t last long. The only way that could’ve happened is if Star either escaped Shigaraki (highly unlikely), beat him (unlikely as well) or got to AM and co before Shigaraki got to her (again unlikely). It’s weird to me to make the case that she’s a top tier so she last longer than a side character like FG but that’s not how it works. There are numerous cases of OP characters dying long before fodder and that occurs for various reasons.

Essentially just about all his female characters are shafted in some way. Only ones who got moments of note were Hinata, Sakura, Temari, Tayuya and Tsunade and they’re far between and rare. Heck Tayuya and Temari’s focus is exclusively in Part 1 and Sakura Tsunade and Hinata only get time to shine twice in part 2 and once in part 1.

Plus Sakura’s character is pretty bad due to her primarily just being obsessed with Sasuke and Hinata also got shafted for Naruto although her case is better as she is just a side character but gets her moments.

I don’t know if it’s truly sexist cause Kishimoto doesn’t seem to necessarily look down on them but all these women were afaik intended to be side characters anyway and from that perspective they aren’t too bad however Sakura’s repeated backsliding is actually bad.
That seems to have little to do with sexism and more so just bad characterization. In order for this to be sexist, you'd have to prove that the author wrote their characters like this because he wanted to be sexist. There could've been several reasons as to why Sakura, Hinata, and Tayuya, and Temari were portrayed that way.

I knew it was coming but I really hope it MEANS SOMETHING. If all it was supposed to do was slow shigaraki down (not allowing him to complete) then Hori couldve just left it at 3 months

I mean, my only question about Star is what she’s going to do going forth. Her impact matters now. So if her importance and what she’s done keeps being paid forward, I will have no issues whatsoever. If there’s a way for her to keep a presence in the story, even better.

I just don’t see the point in calling it sexist. I think Horikoshi just likes drawing cool characters getting hurt badly but still pulling through against the odds, and he combines that with his clear appreciation of tall, buff women.

Back