• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Shigaraki CAN fly, but he does it the same way All Might does. He never used Air Walk in the War.

We don’t exactly know what AFO he got. He got the original, but when was the original “stored” away, and what quirks did AFO take with his clone version? It’s a mystery.

That doesn't really change the scaling chart at all,

Mirko's AP >= High End's durability

Mirko's AP = Mirko's Dur

High End's Dur = Nuke

All high Ends can harm Mirko

All high End's AP equal to Nuke.
This was one of the things I was arguing against here and I remember going pages upon pages about it.

Do NOT ignore quirks when it comes to Nomus. While biological modification is cool, quirks is still the central power system of this series. If one Nomu has a defensive quirk and we are shown it using it don't just ignore that especially when it clearly puts it in a different level defense-wise. Same for other stats like physical strength or speed.

So no Mirko's AP is not >= High-end durability. Like the quirk the tentacle Nomu used clearly put itself in another tier defensive wise. It went from getting torn apart like butter to literally tanking a head on kick when it used the Rib Cage quirk.

That is nowhere near the same level defense-wise.

If a guy punches you and his punch literally tears through you as if he is just swinging into some cotton but then you use armor and the guys punch is stopped in it's tracks like do you realize the massive stat difference between you and the armor. It's not going to be a small difference.

Even when we take a look at Shigaraki vs Ryukyu, he pierced through her with trouble but he wasn't easily tearing her apart the way Mirko could to the High-ends yet it is accepted that a huge difference exists between them.

I just want people to remember that yes, quirks do matter in this series even when it comes to High-ends.

The Nomu survived a direct hit from ten missiles, it isn't speculation to say it can withstand 1 missile. It survived, albeit barley, to something ten times stronger. So there is no doubt its durability can scale to a single missile at the least.
"Direct hit" is assumed when we don't actually see where the Nomu was when the explosion went off. It's a plot inconsistency if they're betting all of this on an attack that doesn't really measure up to how strong they know the Nomu.

I get where you are coming from, but I'm with Rusty on this one. There's very little about the feat that isn't definitive. A Nomu took 10 missiles at once, with its brain very much exposed to the damage, and managed to survive albeit with considerable damage. Keep in mind that Nomu was already charred by a giant laser-spear by Star and co. There's little doubt that if it were healthy, it would take 1 Tiamat missile no problem even if it would sustain injury.

There's no dancing around this, that Nomu together with Shigaraki are High 7-A and the rest of the high end Nomu may as well be too.
The brain being exposed is not a weakness. Mirko's kicked the Nomu in the brain before and that didn't kill it.

So how is this not going to become circular scaling?
Nomu scales to the attack that no one is supposed to scale to
High tiers scales to Nomu
Meaning high tiers also scale to the attack
But then if high tiers scales to the attack why do an high tier (star) needed outside help to deal that much damage in the first place and never did it once even with attacks that scales above her normal physical stats
SO YES NO ONE SHOULD SCALE including the Nomu (as it can just be regeneration) once the Nomu scales the scaling becomes circular and extremely inaccurate
Also someone like shiggi also should not be scaling to some attacks cause of his regeneration also

My thoughts on this

The brain being exposed is a weakness. It’s specifically stated to be so.

Mirko DID hit Woman’s brain, but her aim was thrown off and so the kick was too shallow to completely destroy the brain. If the brain is destroyed, they die. This is a fact. But the brain can take damage and survive if it’s not completely destroyed.

What rating does something get when something is /possibly/ or /likely/ immune to physical damage?
Unknown, I would guess.

The brain being exposed is a weakness. It’s specifically stated to be so.

Mirko DID hit Woman’s brain, but her aim was thrown off and so the kick was too shallow to completely destroy the brain. If the brain is destroyed, they die. This is a fact. But the brain can take damage and survive if it’s not completely destroyed.
Do you mind if I see the statement? That'd help.

(Seems weird to design the Nomu with their brains hanging out all over the place if that's a glaring weakness)

Endeavor noted that the head, the brain, is a weakness:

This, coupled with the fact Hood was protecting ONLY IT’S HEAD, and that EVERY NOMU HAS DIED when their brains are destroyed, is evidence of this.

Unknown, I would guess.

Do you mind if I see the statement? That'd help.

(Seems weird to design the Nomu with their brains hanging out all over the place if that's a glaring weakness)
They're are not exactly designed that way. It seems more of a side-effect of the process (bar Shigaraki).

Endeavor noted that the head, the brain, is a weakness:

This, coupled with the fact Hood was protecting ONLY IT’S HEAD, and that EVERY NOMU HAS DIED when their brains are destroyed, is evidence of this.

Well this then there are many factors then
The Nomu should be protecting its head specifically then

@AtomicSekiro; AH, I think you misunderstood me. I know that the head of a Nomu is the weakness since they die when their head is crushed / destroyed.

I was asking if there's any statement of the exposed brain being less durable than the rest of their body (as a weakness) rather than just something they need to live (as a different weakness).

@AtomicSekiro; AH, I think you misunderstood me. I know that the head of a Nomu is the weakness since they die when their head is crushed / destroyed.

I was asking if there's any statement of the exposed brain being less durable than the rest of their body (as a weakness) rather than just something they need to live (as a different weakness).
Well by default internal organs are less durable than the body especially something like the brain,
Same way hood was protecting just his brain and not the other parts of his body, not sure but the brain did indeed take hits so I guess you may be right the brain can also be that durable

@Pain_to12

Because it won't unless you complicate things IMO.

It never stated no one can survive it, just that it's basically stars last resort.(against an already pinned and damaged shigaraki)

High tiers scales to Nomu
Meaning high tiers also scale to the attack

Not the full thing, we will only use 1/10th of the result to be safe. But yes, they do scale to a portion of it.(high ends only I guess, if were talking about nomus only of course)

But then if high tiers scales to the attack why do an high tier (star) needed outside help to deal that much damage in the first place and never did it once even

We don't scale them to the entire thing, only 1/10th of the attack. So it still makes sense as to why she needed them. also you can argue that she needed the rockets due to it's heat and size rather than blunt force, if that makes sense idk lol

SO YES NO ONE SHOULD SCALE including the Nomu (as it can just be regeneration) once the Nomu scales the scaling becomes circular and extremely inaccurate

He survived it so yes, he scales. We already lowball it to literally 1/10th of the attack anyway.

Also someone like shiggi also should not be scaling to some attacks cause of his regeneration also.

If he doesn't scale at all to certain attacks then he should straight up be 1 shot by those same attacks, but since he's still relative, he scales even with regen.(he has to have some resistance no matter how small or else hes like an actual average human to certain attacks so something like the prominence burn would straight up 1 shot him in the war arc)

Thats my thoughts on it. Hopefully that makes sense lol

Last edited:
If he doesn't scale at all then he should straight up be 1 shot by everything, but since he's still relative, he scales even with regen.(also again, regen in MHA at times isn't instantaneous, it takes time to start up)

What does this mean exactly? If Pain is right that neither should be scaling to the attack then how would Shiggy be 1-shot by everything?

Also, surviving isn't the only thing that matters for deciding scaling. The Nomu arguably survived only because it can regenerate from such damage (Hood survived ripping off his own head, so in theory even if his body was hit by a much stronger attack he would regenerate so long as his head remained intract). And the consistency of this is still in question; a lot of the characters don't have the showings to put them on the same level as these combined missiles.

What does this mean exactly? If Pain is right that neither should be scaling to the attack then how would Shiggy be 1-shot by everything?

Ngl you confused me. It's early in the morning so maybe I didn't explain myself properly, or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Also, surviving isn't the only thing that matters for deciding scaling. The Nomu arguably survived only because it can regenerate from such damage (Hood survived ripping off his own head, so in theory even if his body was hit by a much stronger attack he would regenerate so long as his head remained intract).

Hood could rip off his own head and use that as a strategy because endeavors attacks weren't 10.1 km in diameter.(using the calc measurements) Also as Earthyboy pointed out, even with regen if he isn't relative he should be completely destroyed.

Btw how do you use the blue box for spoilers, this blurry text type of spoiler cover is annoying me lol

Last edited:
The ****? This is a High-End. Literally, anyone who's in the Top 5 in Japan's hero rank would scale to it. Unless you somehow have evidence suggesting it's not a high-end, this is just another reach.

The Nomu arguably survived only because it can regenerate from such damage (Hood survived ripping off his own head, so in theory even if his body was hit by a much stronger attack he would regenerate so long as his head remained intract).
But the thing is that Hood is likely the only one with notable regeneration. Hell, we don't even know if all of the high-end Nomu have regeneration, to begin with. It's not really shown or indicated outside of Hood.

But fine, let's bite the bullet here. Even if we assume the high-end Nomu only survived because of generation, it wasn't instantly killed. Meaning, that it's not like it's 100x weaker than the nuke itself. At best, you can say it heavily downscales to the point of being one-shotted, but even that would still place it within High 7-A.

Also I think at this point it is clear that Shigaraki and the High-ends are more susceptible to heat damage than blunt force damage. Or we might just call this elemental damage (heat, cold).

USJ Nomu - frozen to the bone despite having almost All Might level stats and a great defense against blunt force punches from All Might.

Hosu Nomu - Endeavor had to basically carbonize it's brain cells with fire to counter it's regen.

Hood - pierced and damaged by most of Endeavor's FlashFire attacks especially Hell Spider and Prominence Burn.

Woman - Had her brain fried by Endeavor's fire.

Shigaraki - had his skin taken off by Hell Curtain. Scorched by Prominence Burn even after dodging it (though he still got tagged). Burned a bit by Vanishing Fist. And basically turned to charcoal by full contact Prominence Burn.

AFOaraki - Had his stomach damaged by laser. Also had his body and face burned by the laser spear. Took partial damage from the heat of these bombs even after using a decoy.

Winged High-end Nomu - same as Shigaraki in this fight. Both were hit by the vacuum attack. Both were punched around by Star last chapter. But in the end it was heat that did the most damage.

While a lot of these biologically modified characters have high resistance to blunt force, their resistance to heat is not at the same level. It's obviously still high but not as high as their blunt force durability.

Not the full thing, we will only use 1/10th of the result to be safe. But yes, they do scale to a portion of it.(high ends only I guess, if were talking about nomus only of course)
1/10 of the said attack did more damage than anyone has ever done in the verse even the strongest one all might would have need 5 punch to deal damage to knock a much weaker Nomu 400 meters away
So yes no one should scale

Anyway I will wait for the CRT

1/10 of the said attack did more damage than anyone has ever done in the verse even the strongest one all might would have need 5 punch to deal damage to knock a much weaker Nomu 400 meters away

That Nomu had Shock Absorption, All Might’s one and only damage type.

1/10 of the said attack did more damage than anyone has ever done in the verse

Ok? That's not really a problem since their attack potency would just upscale.(since ap =/= dc) This is basically the only valid feat we have in the manga for half decent scaling. Most feats in the manga are either vague, performed when characters were weakened or they just weren't going all out.

even the strongest one all might would have need 5 punch to deal damage to knock a much weaker Nomu 400 meters away

That Nomu had sock absorption and was specifically made to fight All Might. Also I think what you said has more issues but I'm just bad at explaining so won't bother too much. Also I don't remember USJ nomu being stated to be "much weaker" or whatever.

Dont see why not besides you just not wanting to.

Thought all Nomu have that?

Only the USJ Nomu has that so far. Iirc Mirko wouldn't really have won if every Nomu had shock absorption.

Also how to use that spoiler box or whatever. This blur type of text cover is annoying lol

Im so ******* annoyed at the spoiler feature god damn it
WHY DOES IT SEPERATE THE TEXT IN 2 PARTS
FINALLY IT WORKED AFTER 10 TRIES

Last edited:
Back