• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Farewell Address

Hello. Let's just get right to the point. I have become dissatisfied at the state of this wiki. In my entire time of staying here I have made many friends and connections that I treasure. When I first started here I was very optimistic about this place, I believed in this wiki's statistics and even showed my friends. I wholehearted believed this way a good place and even defended it against non-believers. Eventually however things changed. The more I delved into the threads into and participated the more the presence of the bias and agendas became apparent to me. I learned of certain mods who refuse to let revisions pass because its tier in relation to one of their verses. I've seen people throw out EVERY possible excuse to not accept Moon level Roshi despite common sense. People also commonly talk shit about other forms or sites for powerscaling/debating, and some of these remarks may be deserved. However when people immediately assume the worst and promptly trash it without watching the whole thing, or not watching it at all it then becomes very aggravating and disrespectful. I gave major work on the wiki a break and decided to observe, but things never got better. And finally with some of the events I have been involved in recently I decided it time I retire from this place. I don't want to continue to be at a place where people will constantly aim to downgrade or upgrade things due to their bias or vendettas and sometimes win because of their influence and not argument. I shall say this however. If this wiki continues at the pace it is with no positive changes then I predict it will be dead in about 4 years. Some things to help out this wiki would be to rid yourselves of bad moderators, i.e. ones who constantly stonewall and never allow upgrades or even the thought of them to happen and secondly allow every competent person to have their say fleshed out and weighed in upon impartially as to allow the most accurate representation we can have and thirdly use far less feeling about the consistency of a characters feats and think about what actually makes sense or logical for them to be. That's all I have to say, I won't be responding to replies here. If yall heed my advice and steer the course of where I think this site is headed then I'll be decently surprised and proud. Until then this is goodbye.

p.s. Special thanks to Tllmbrg and Weekly for giving me the push I needed.

Last edited:
Since you were my first friend on this website, around the time I first got here and have been with me since then even at points where I wasn't there for you. I seriously hate to see you go, especially after other friends of mine like Amelia and Zark retiring from the wiki. I hope one day the site will be able to redeem itself for your sake, the loose chance that you will return.

You are one of the greatest friends I had the pleasure of having, and I wish you well. Fellow Goosetard.

Sincerely, Gews.

Take care.

I'm not sure if I'm included in your viewpoints. But I may not quite agree with everything you say, but I've always thought of you as a lax and cool person to talk to or hangout. And I do agree that there are staff whom some may used to be a lot more contributive haven't been making the best efforts as of late; and some people get blamed by both sides just for trying to resolve conflicts. And I also do notice plenty of issues from how staff members often behave around Vs Central among other places. While some people like Moritzva are cool there, there are admittedly some people staff and former staff included who use it as a excuse to misbehave.

You will be missed. And I will hope to make sure that profile stays protected.

I am sorry to see you leave, and would much rather that you stay.

For what it is worth, I would also much prefer if people here stop talking badly about other communities, and all our staff and regular members make an effort to try their best to be unbiased and strive for reliability.

Unfortunately, there are constantly so many revision threads to overview that it is extremely hard to ensure accuracy for all of them, which is sad, because to me the entire point of the wiki is to strive for it to be as reliable as possible.

All I can do is try my best, but I need lots of help in this regard.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also agree that publicly talking ill about other communities should be taboo; it's even in our rules. Though we can't really stop people from doing it on Discord and the like. But that being said, I'm mostly concerned about severity of the "Talking badly" aspects. It's perfectly okay to vent frustrations about some other communities in private or detail some constructive complaints about them. But I'd avoid comments saying "This community should burn to the grounds" and the like. Especially since that's the biggest problem most of us have with other communities is them saying stuff like that about this one. And I do acknowledge that even other wikis that took inspiration from our wiki have been doing better on the "Unbiased aspect" of certain profiles from time to time.

And some staff are too harsh when it comes to plagiarism accusations IMO. Taking inspiration from our main profile format or actually having profiles where the stats more or less match our own isn't as long as the summaries and descriptions use original choice of words. Or, even if certain profiles are plagiarized, we shouldn't be blaming staff; but even they have their share of naive users who just copy from other wikis. Which there have been plenty of people here who did that too.

But in other words, I agree with Antvasima about trying hard to avoid bad blood with other communities whenever possible.

While I agree with some of the things and don't agree with everything you said, but that's what this wiki is supposed to be. There are people with many different viewpoints who might agree or disagree with your stance. Some people leave because reasons you pointed out while some people stay in order to try and improve the wiki in their own way, and some just for friends. All reasons are valid at the end of the day.

I am sad to see you leave but I respect your decision. Despite our agreements or disagreements on whatever powerscaling regarding whatever fictional character, you are a pretty chill dude outside of it, and you will be missed. Hope we can still stay in touch!

Back