• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Departing Message

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
My Resignation, and Resulting Departure...

I'm finally done here.
Yes, this has been triggered in light of (somewhat) recent threads and subjects, ideologies not matching, and what I personally believe to be genuine absolute unfairness on this Wiki's behalf, however, this only quickened my departure from here, and was not the cause of it.

I'm not getting into that stuff here though. If you want an explanation, I guess you can ask me directly if you can get a hold of my Discord, or ask over at my Wiki or something (I'll get to that later)...

For the past many months I've been planning on just kinda disappearing slowly and silently, but I've decided that it's probably better to officially revoke my position here.

So as I say, this has been coming for a pretty long time now. Not for any singular reason, to be honest I've only stayed as long as I have because I still enjoyed helping people with evaluating, creating, and informing about calculations, but in recent months even that has dampened down to pretty much nothing. So recently the literal only reason I've been here is that I have friends here, but I realize that I have everyone on Discord who I speak with commonly, and can get the Discords of others if needs be.

Another main reason that I'm leaving is that I simply do not enjoy this place anymore, it does not suit the method in which I'd like to index fiction, and does not allow me to do some stuff that I'd like to do, and the morality and main goals of this wiki does not match my own.

Recent times obviously have not helped, and I still can not believe that some of these things happened, but they did, and I am still unhappy about it. Whether I am expected to get over it or not, I'm unhappy in a community that lets mistreatment, hypocrisy, unfairness, double standards, and bias get through on what I can only assume is a regular basis now.
The subjects and recent times haven't been fun for me, I know they haven't been fun for others, the difference is that the others are not the ones who were insulted, threatened, and essentially vilified for trying to make this place better, they weren't on the receiving end of this stuff.

Unfortunately, these recent times has made my will to leave much more prominent, to the point where I want as little to do with this place as possible, which is why I am requesting that the profiles that I have created are removed. I know it's work to remove them, but it was work for me to create them and it is work for me to know they're still up, so I'd like them taken down.

By this I obviously mean the profiles that only I can sustain, throughout my years here I've created verses from the ground in which I am still to this day the only active supporter of.

If the request of the author and only supporter of these profiles is refused for whatever reason (I do know that Author request is an official Fandom basis to remove a profile), then I'd also like to bring up that many of the profiles I've made, I have since noticed are simply wrong or massively unreliable anyways, I'll go through those in this section...
  • Backyard Monsters - The game itself no longer exists as its servers got taken down, and it ran on Flash, meaning the verse currently works and relies entirely on the Backyard Monsters Wiki.
  • Ark: Survival Evolved - This verse is outdated, it has supporters (In XSOULOFCINDERX and Hellbeast), but I'm unsure whether they want to sustain it themselves.
  • I-Ninja - This verse has blatantly wrong statistics due to the calculations being massively outdated, i've found new information regarding characters which makes the stats of these guys way off, and there's no other supporters who will fix this verse.
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator - I made this verse and a lot of the profiles, however I'm pretty sure this verse has supporters now. I'd like to make it clear that the stats are outdated, and new calculations are necessary here though, as the stats for higher tiers are outdated.
  • Insaniquarium - This verse is unfinished and will not be finished unless the only other supporter I know of (Promestein) wishes to upkeep it.
  • DOOM- I can say most of this was thanks to the work of others, however I've made profiles myself that are completely pointless and unnecessary for this verse, such as;
    • Fighter, Destroyer, Hunter: Unnecessary and essentially featless hell ships that were around for like 2 minutes of the entire series.
    • Wintherin: Also unnecessary to the verse and appears not much more than the hell ships.
    • Plasmagun, Gauss Cannon, Chaingun: Also mostly unnecessary, most only exist for the sake of existing, and essentially give no more information than Doomguy's profile
    • Atlans: Unnecessary and weird scaling to titans with other implications in-lore
    • Guardian of Hell: Unnecessary, Unsourced, based entirely off of guesswork.
  • Flanimals - Verse only exists to justify the creation of the Glonk page, which has already been contested, and grants nothing to the Wiki anyways, entire verse is calcless and nobody cares about it.
  • The Pedestrian - Questionably Tier 11 character from a verse that doesn't exist on the wiki, and has no known supporters.
  • Fortnite- I made most of the profiles for this verse, many of which are outdated and while the verse has supporters, I don't believe anybody is able/wanting to create or sustain these profiles, so;
    • The Mecha & Devourer: Outdated stats and bland, entirely unsourced profiles.
    • Galactus: questionable canon, could be Canon Marvel Galactus depending on interpretation, profile is also blatantly missing info on stats and powers.
    • Mothership: Outdated profile as story has changed a lot about what's on there.
    • Cube Monsters: Bland and unsourced profile based on estimations.
    • Abductors: Exact same case as the Mothership.
    • Saucer: Same case as Abductors and Mothership.
    • B.R.U.T.E: Profile is now outdated as there are multiple variants of the Mech now, and profile has pretty unreliable scaling.
    • Every Weapon of the verse (Exclusing the Pickaxe, Boogie Bomb, Stormbreaker, and Caps Shield, which weren't created by me): Entirely pointless profiles as they give no other information than the Loopers profile.
  • The Apothicons - Just a pretty terrible profile that was made by a clueless me who barely knew about them when it was made, let alone that it's now even worse since it's outdated...

The rest of the profiles that I have created, or those that I will no longer be sustaining are likely at least ok, not good, but ok. They are all also unsourced and based off of estimation (Like all of these for that matter) and I will not be here to provide such sources, so it is likely better to remove them for the sake of not having blatantly, admittedly incorrect profiles on the wiki anymore. But I guess it's up to the bureaucrats whether or not they want to keep incorrect, unsourced profiles that will not be fixed on the wiki...
I obviously don't speak for profiles that have been updated since I made them.

With this, a few people who I speak to on Discord already know this. But I've made my own place, which is a much more loosely structured wiki. I'm not going to advertise or promote it too much, I'll just mention it and leave it at that.
My new place is the Fictional Indexing Wiki, somewhat similar to this place, but also very different. if you're interested then take a look, if not then don't ig...
But it does currently have 69 pages which is kinda epic ngl...

Obviously with this I revoke my staff position, sorry that I couldn't have done more for this community.
I was gonna leave some kind words here for the guys I respect from this place, but this isn't goodbye since I have most peeps on Discord.

Anyways, I'm not planning on having myself banned to stop me coming back or anything like that, so I might very rarely show back up, but I doubt I will be contributing to anything from this point on.
Dunno how long I'll be hanging around for with this thread, but I know that at least I wont be going until I have a concrete answer on what's gonna happen to my pages...

Adios VS Battles Wiki, you were fun for a while...

I’m gonna miss you on the wiki Burger King. Thank you for the calcs you evaluated for me!

1mnxgy.jpg

I just keep getting more and more lonely on this god forsaken website...first my entire friend group leaves the website, now you're leaving.

I can still remember first meeting you through my brother in my long gone DOOM server, I can remember being nervous about talking to you, unironically, then we started talking, a lot. Wasn't long till we became close friends. Joke around in Discord DMs, help each other out on wiki matters (I'll never forget when you helped me and Axx get DOOM to 2-A, that shit was legendary. Or the time you helped me out with Antvasima on my message wall that one time), shitpost excessively in Vs Villa, everything. Looking back at it now, it is kinda crazy how we grew so fond of each other in a not so long amount of time. I really hate that this place stopped being a place of enjoyment for you and I really ******* hate that I can't really do anything to help that. You're an amazing dude and I wish you and your baby wiki the best of luck. Wuv u.

Back