• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Bean vs Nathan Drake

both have luck. But Beans tends not to run out over time where Nathan's has. Even the creator iirc said the red screen shown when Nathan is getting shot his his luck actually just starting to run out.

And considering Bean also has Probability manipulation to worsen Nathens luck. Nathan loses his luck. And is fighting someone supernaturally lucky with some fairly good skill. Nathan's gun jams. They resort to melee. And Bean is far stronger. Nathan likely is the better fighter. But considering how he slacked off and kinda sucks against martial arts people. Bean keeps up since he knows some basic fighting skills thanks to guard training and Judo.

Bloodlusted doesn't help Nathan cause if both just pulled out a gun and shot. Beans Luck and probability manipulation countering Nathan's luck causes Nathan's gun to Jam where Beans still shoots since his luck is safe. And if they charge at each other. Nathan ain't hurting bean. He ain't nearly strong enough. And Bean also is a good enough fighter.

Bean Via Strength, durability, Likely better luck, countering Nathan's luck, and skilled enough.

Im voting for My Boi Nathan Drake He has extreme luck and skills, he has managed to find lost cities and kill people who where immortal so mr.bean should be easy work for Nathan.

"extreme luck"

They both have luck

"And skills"

They both have skills

"Mr Bean should be easy work"

Umm... no. Not only is Beans luck more consistent. He counters Nathan's luck. And is skilled enough to fight Nathan thanks to multiple trainings. As a guard and judo.

Not exactly the best reasons. And aren't really valid.

Mr. Bean's luck is consistent and doesn't exactly have a cooldown unlike Drake, I'll give you that. Also, Bean does have the AP and dura advantage. But, that's just about the only thing Bean has in his favor.

Nate has actual combat experience with weaponry and CQC. Drake masters any weapon he acquires on the battefield and displays expert-level accuracy with anything from assault rifles, sniper rifles, RPG's and even a crossbow. He has fought countless foes ranging from supernatural beings to trained mercenaries, agents and pirates (even taking down a dozen men at once and men twice his size in CQC) while casually being able to snap their necks and arms. Bean's basic judo training and general skill isn't going to do jack to Drake. Not to mention Drake actually has weapons to work with as opposed to random things like a potato or cheese grader, with Bean's fireworks and pistol being no better.

However, the real problem here is Bean's probability manipulation. I believe Bean's probability wouldn't straight up counter (I would assume meaning cancel out) Drake's own luck. Bean's prob would be tough for Drake to contend with but his own supernatural luck should make it so that he would survive anything that comes his way from directly defending him from projectiles and creating conveniences which would help him escape dire situations or create advantages for him that could help him last for a while in Bean's presence.

This gives Drake plenty of time to close the gap and take him on in melee, which Bean is going to be screwed or attempt to gun him down (though he would probably resort to the former option of his guns do jam). If Drake does end up getting greviously injured, he has the stamina and willpower to keep going and he can use his acrobatics to climb away to higher ground or his grappling hook while sniping away. Even then, Drake's superior combat experience and lifting strength should make it so that he can restrain and break Bean's arms or even neck if he can and ultimately best him in combat while Drake's own luck works as a sort of protection against Bean's own. Drake could finish Bean off with an RPG shot to the face since it's definite 9-A as opposed to Bean's "likely" 9-A, but overall I think Drake wins this.

"Nate has actual combat experience with weaponry and CQC. Drake masters any weapon he acquires on the battefield and displays expert-level accuracy with anything from assault rifles, sniper rifles, RPG's and even a crossbow. He has fought countless foes ranging from supernatural beings to trained mercenaries, agents and pirates (even taking down a dozen men at once and men twice his size in CQC) while casually being able to snap their necks and arms. Bean's basic judo training and general skill isn't going to do jack to Drake. Not to mention Drake actually has weapons to work with as opposed to random things like a potato or cheese grader, with Bean's fireworks and pistol being no better."

Bean has training in more than one way to fight. Which he has displayed knowing how to fight. I acknowledge Nathan has better and more. But Bean just knowing how to fight and decently good training does him wonders in a Bloodlusted fight. You are going over things that in the end. Don't matter. Since the fight is bloodlusted. It's just who gets lucky first. Cause they are going all out to try and kill each other. It isn't they are gonna play it smart (especially Nathan who doesn't take huge advatage of his skill like he could.). Really. Both are gonna try and just shoot the other dead. And Bean has much better luck. It's more consistent. It doesn't have a cooldown. He also gives bad luck, which is automatic cause it just comes with him being around that it happens. Remember again. They are bloodlusted too.

"However, the real problem here is Bean's probability manipulation. I believe Bean's probability wouldn't straight up counter (I would assume meaning cancel out) Drake's own luck. Bean's prob would be tough for Drake to contend with but his own supernatural luck should make it so that he would survive anything that comes his way from directly defending him from projectiles and creating conveniences which would help him escape dire situations or create advantages for him that could help him last for a while in Bean's presence."

It kinda would. It basically does counter. Its Bad luck that he gives off to other people. There isn't anything special about it that changes how it works to help Nathan in any way. It's Bad luck which would basically counter Nathan's good luck. And then what pea Bean ahead is he also has good luck.

"This gives Drake plenty of time to close the gap and take him on in melee, which Bean is going to be screwed or attempt to gun him down (though he would probably resort to the former option of his guns do jam). If Drake does end up getting greviously injured, he has the stamina and willpower to keep going and he can use his acrobatics to climb away to higher ground or his grappling hook while sniping away. Even then, Drake's superior combat experience and lifting strength should make it so that he can restrain and break Bean's arms or even neck if he can and ultimately best him in combat while Drake's own luck works as a sort of protection against Bean's own. Drake could finish Bean off with an RPG shot to the face since it's definite 9-A as opposed to Bean's "likely" 9-A, but overall I think Drake wins this."

I'm gonna counter your argument with this. Only some of Drakes weapons are 9-A. Physically he is 9-B. Meaning Mr. Bean still one shots the hell out of him. Stamina and willpower ain't saving him from that. Also the rest of that is very unlikely. He isn't gonna think to do this to Mr. Bean. he has no idea Mr Bean could backhand him into dust. And he isn't gonna go ninja on an odd English man. He is gonna try and shoot him. Mr beans bad luck effect causes Nathans gun to jam. Mr beans superb natural good luck plus his training gets him a good shot on Nathan and takes him down.

1. Decently good training < highly skilled and experienced combatant. It doesn't matter if it's a bloodlusted fight, the point is Drake is much more skilled and experienced in combat than Bean. It's not as if Drake is going to throw away his firearms, abandon his fighting skill and just pounce on Bean like a wild animal, it's just that he'd want to kill Bean by any means necessary so they will use their arsenal and skills and whatnot to take the other down. Besides how does bloodlust give Bean a good chance against someone who outclasses him in CQC? That's like me having a good chance at beating a blackbelt with basic training just because I'm bloodlusted which clearly isn't the case it all. Care to explain how efficient Bean is in combat? I know you acknowledge Drake is better, but you're stating that Bean's competent enough to fight on par with Drake which is not the case as far as I can see, especially without any examples. Bean has the AP yes but not the skill. Also, the cooldown for Drake may just be game mechanics now that I think about it since it happens in gameplay just for the sake of the player being able to get killed by enemies while story-wise he's dealt with impossible odds and is still standing thanks to his luck.

2. But Drake's luck would be there while Bean's bad luck is in effect. So I take back my previous comment, the good and bad luck would cancel each other out (the bad wouldn't counter), but I do agree that Bean's luck would come in to play after so I'll give you that. Also, Bean doesn't give people bad luck, but rather anyone within his presence is afflicted with bad luck. I suppose that Drake, noticing that he's not in a favorable position close range if a bunch of random nonsense starts trying to kill him, could keep his distance and stay out of his range and possibly attack from there. It's an option. Also, while Drake's luck isn't as potent as Bean's, it does have variety and can play out some domino-effect like actions and even save him from dire situations if the need may be so yes it can help Nathan to a good extent.

3. I'm afraid you didn't counter anything. I specifically stated that Drake can finish off Bean with an RPG rocket. Not his fists, not his other firearms, but an RPG rocket which is stated in his profile that they are definitiely 9-A, so yes I know this already. What? Bean isn't one-shotting anyone, they're both in the same tier. His 9-B tier is much more cocnrete and consistent compared to the vague 9-A feat he has and even if it is acceptable, Bean would only just be baseline since there aren't any calcs. Speaking of which, Drake shouldn't even be in that low degree of 9-B he's currently at, but that's a discussion for another time. How isn't there a chance for Drake to do this? He's been using the environment, stealth and his acrobatics throughout all of the Uncharted games to effectively take down groups of foes time and time again. As said earlier, Drake would probably notice that he isn't that effective in close range against Bean (with Bean's bad luck causing anything or everything to try and kill Nate with the adittion of Bean firing away at him with his pistol) and would use his grappling hook to swing away to a safer location while sniping at him from afar (again as he's done before). What do you mean he isn't going to ninja an odd English man? Didn't you say previously that they were both bloodlusted? Meaning they know they're in a fight and will use any means necessary to kill each other? Then of course Nate is going to do just that if he has to. Bean's got the good luck sure, but the training? Not so much.

I just realized I never even went over Drake's other abilities and arsenal either. Drake could just reduce Bean's attack damage, increase his own speed and turn himself invisible, summon specters to harm Bean, slow Bean's movements down and keep Bean on constant radar to set up traps and ambushes if Drake does decide to play the stealth game.

Drake's superior combat experience and skill, weaponry, acrobatics and Mysticals pretty much give Drake the win while his supernatural luck helps to keep him alive longer than he should by cancelling itself out with Bean's bad luck.

1. Again. Yes. Nathan is Better. But Bean is good enough. He just needs to know how to fight. And yes it does. Blood lusted changes their character. As where someone is more pacifist or against combat. In bloodlust. They don't care. They go for the kill. No hesitant. And I didn't say he would. I'm saying Melee isn't an option. Nathan is so outclassed in strength and durability that his skill would do jack. He gets one shot. Like I said. They both try and shoot each other first. However, That's where bean gets the edge due to Luck. His Bad luck vibe is gonna hit Nathan, as well, Beans supernatural luck is gonna help him. Beans reaction to combat is to take them down pretty fast. Like when he got robbed. His reaction was to grab a trash can. Stuck it over the guy and get him onto the floor. As far as Gun combat. We know he has a really good shot as he has shot things from Hundreds to likely higher meters into the air. Bean doesn't need too even be all that skilled really in melee combat. We are talking about bean being physically Thousands of times stronger.

2. Exactly. So Nathan is left with No luck. Except he still can't get past Mr beans good luck. Cause Mr Bean would still have his luck. Which makes it near impossible for Nathan to kill Bean. Not only does A lot of Nathan's weapons incapable of hurting him. The ones that can are unlikely to do so. Cause he just can't counter the luck. Where bean actually can

3. Except he can't. The supernatural luck wouldn't allow it. Remember. Mr. Bean has a supernatural luck that protects him AND counters good luck to Nathan. The odds of him getting his RPG on Bean is not realistic. That luck just isn't gonna allow it. Not to mention Bean is gonna be able to avoid this attacks too. Since speed is equal. And My goodness yes Bean one shots. Only Nathan's RPG is 9-A. Not his physical body. Mr. Beans physical body is 9-A. So yes. He one shots. Hard. Even his 9-B feat one shots the current level Nathan is out. Cause his 9-B feat is so close to 9-A it practically is. And considering it's accepted on his page. You can't use that as an argument. You can't use his 9-B version as a reason when this literally says his 9-A is used. His 9-B tier is much more consistent? Not really. Most of his explosions should be in the small building area. Wall level literally just came from an outhouse feat which BTW. Is wall level+ (a scratch away from small building). And it didn't even hurt him. He literally come out unharmed. Nathan has very little chance. His luck is countered as he just by Being around Bean. And Bean has supernatural luck also consistently protecting. Unlike Nathan. And again. He isn't even gonna take Bean seriously honestly. He isn't gonna immediately trying all these acrobatic and stealthy approaches. If he is blood lusted. He is just gonna try and Gun him down in a realistic standpoint. Not go ninja on him. But Bean would win there because of lucky. And he wouldn't have time to notice. the fight wouldn't last long. And if he got up close. He dies. Plain and simple. Even 9-B Mr Bean one shots the level Nathan is currently. Let alone 9-A. Which is where they are put at. So no. That's not true. And he really isn't gonna last long, you act like he could dodge all that. But he couldn't. Even if he does. He pulls out his grappling hook, shoots it and it lands on a rock. As it starts pulling him. He rock falls down because Mr. Beans good luck vibe protecting him. Or Nathan's gun jams. He couldn't do a lot. Range is gonna really suck. He is bloodlusted. Yes. And as I brought up. He is more likely to shoot Bean. And Blood lusted means they try to kill them without hesitation. As in. Say Batman was fighting. He instead of going into the shadows. He uses a magic spell and immediately seals them in a crystal. Something like that. And Luck is a big thing. It's Supernatrual for a reason. Bean just needs to get literally one shot. And all he needs to do is get lucky. Which he literally has a power in.

4. Except he would have to reduce Beans power by a few hundred to thousands considering the power difference. And the rest is just unlikely and not realistic in a bloodlusted match. And also isn't gonna be help considering Beans luck does protect him. Adding onto that. A lot of Nathan's weapons can't even hurt Bean.

1. I know you know that Nate is better, but you're saying Bean is competent enough to fight on par with Nate how? Via what reasoning? Sure Bean would be much more inclined to actually fight while in bloodlust, but bloodlust doesn't automatically make Bean so much better at combat. it just makes him want to engage in combat and go for the kill like you said. Skill and experience are still at play and bloodlust doesn't outrule or change that (especially induced bloodlust in SBA where characters are free from PIS and will use their arsenal and skillset to their full extent to take down their opponents). Also that trash can feat is moreso impulse and common sense than a tactic that Bean exploits. Bean was getting robbed all of a sudden by someone? His first reaction would be to knock the robber down in an attempt to save himself, which is what he did. Again, Bean's skill in combat and with firearms pale in comparison to Drake so still. Actually it does matter because since Drake is much more skilled in combat than Bean, then Bean's going to have a hard time even trying to get a hit on Drake as he can just easily evade his attacks. I'll get into the AP stuff later on.

2. It's not that Nate is left wth no luck, it's just that his luck would be busy with Bean's bad luck, leaving Bean's good luck on his side to use against Nate. His good luck is still going to work on two fronts however and protect Drake in anyway it can even though Bean's luck and bad luck is going to give him a lot of trouble. So it's kind of a back and forth between their abilities.

3. Wait, if Bean's overall 9-A then this isn't even fair. Nate's only 9-A with his explosives while Bean is actually 9-A in general? This is a mismatch then and shouldn't even be added. But anyway, I said Bean's 9-B feats are better and stuff just because it's actually calc'd whereas the reasoning for 9-A is just lacking. Bean is 9-A because his explosions and the ones he survived look like they're in the 9-A range? That's just silly. He gets a whole tier based on pure assumption and eye-measurements, but that's irrelevant for this fight. Again just what are you saying? Of course Drake is going to take Bean seriously because he is bloodlusted. You keep repeating bloodlust to me over and over again as if I don't understand, but it seems like it's you who doesn't understand. Here's the bloodlust page. Please read it. Induced bloodlust (such as the case in this fight) means that characters are free from PIS (meaning they won't blindly attack, do dumb things and or act without thought as seen many times in fiction story-wise) which ultimately means characters under induced bloodlust will do whatever it takes to defeat their opponent and win. So yes, Nate would use everything in his arsenal and his normal tactics to try and take Bean down without hesitation. Normal character behavior is out the window so regardless of what Bean looks like, Drake knows he's in a fight and knows he has to take Bean out and will do so by any means necessary. So yeah, Drake is gonna start by shooting and sees that it doesn't work, he's going to try something new and use everything he has to fight. Bean will do the same too.

Regardless, this is a clear mismatch since Bean is generally 9-A while Drake is 9-B, but only 9-A via explosives which are unlikely to hit anyway because of Bean's good luck still protecting him. This should be closed.

Back