• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mother VS Daughter, Pokémon Edition

I don't see the reasoning for Lillie winning being good enough.

The reasoning was because Lillie carried around Cosmo but if there is no special reasoning for how Lillie was able to do that, then there is no reason Lusamine shouldn't also be able to do that as well. And as Lillie's mother, she should upscale.

Lusamine FRA

(ZoroNotZolo, pls delete some of those bumps. It took forever to scroll down)

The reasoning was because Lillie carried around Cosmo but if there is no special reasoning for how Lillie was able to do that, then there is no reason Lusamine shouldn't also be able to do that as well. And as Lillie's mother, she should upscale.
I confer. Just being someone’s parent doesn’t mean you automatically upscale in all categories. For example, I can lift a lot more than my father had, and have since age 15 (albeit with smaller hands, had much more trouble keeping my grip.). There are many things in play that can change physical capabilities, including:
Inherited Traits from the Father
More Training in a specific Skill
or just Being Younger.

Therefore, just being Lusamines parent shouldn’t automatically allow them to upscale in LS.

I confer. Just being someone’s parent doesn’t mean you automatically upscale in all categories. For example, I can lift a lot more than my father had, and have since age 15 (albeit with smaller hands, had much more trouble keeping my grip.). There are many things in play that can change physical capabilities, including:
Inherited Traits from the Father
More Training in a specific Skill
or just Being Younger.

Therefore, just being Lusamines parent shouldn’t automatically allow them to upscale in LS.
Perhaps not upscale but you can’t one shot your father like an ant, can you?

The argument isn’t one-shotting. One-shots don’t happen in real life. The argument was that Lillies higher LS would give her the win, as LS is a very big part of a battle. Can be used for grappling, tripping- if two people Clash fists, the one with Higher LS likely gets out of there.
Could probably put my father in a grapple if he didn’t grow up in such a dangerous area. That guy knows how to disable someone’s leg with a headlock, I swear.

O.O
But that is on the assumption Lillie is physically stronger than her mother. I know your circumstances is like that but it was not for mine, as I am weaker than my father. Was there anything to support Lillie being stronger?

But Lack of feats + being her mother + Lillie is not stated to train at all, makes the argument go either way.

I think there's also the personality factor that's not being considered. Even after her character development Lillie's fairly reserved and naive, while Lusamine's a lot more imposing and commanding- I think her mindset's way better for fighting. Also, longer arms.

I think there's also the personality factor that's not being considered. Even after her character development Lillie's fairly reserved and naive, while Lusamine's a lot more imposing and commanding- I think her mindset's way better for fighting. Also, longer arms.
It is standard battle assumptions, so both are in character but willing to kill.

Willing to kill doesn't mean not reluctant to kill, to a degree at least, and a more reserved and less experienced personality is still an advantage. Besides, while I doubt Lusamine's seen many fights, by virtue of being older she has a higher chance of having been in one or two scuffles, while I doubt Lillie has.

So are you voting for Lillie FRA? And what do you mean by Lusamine being a "dumb stinky brain"?
I mean she's stinky. I'm voting Lillie because Lusamine has no good feats, just scaling. Also, Lillie usually has her bag with her. With all the stuff in it it's probably heavy, or at the very least she could throw things.

I don't think there's a big aging power creep in Pokemon, Lillie's lifting strength would let her grapple Lusamine very easily.

Back