• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most well written characters for every tier

This really isn't how It works Dread, you're oversimplifying his character as well as motivations and why he had them, and he developed plenty in the backstory as well

I really don't know why you hate koku's guts lmao
I don't know, why would someone loves him?
I am saying that he is not the best written character in the series and there is definitely someone who is better, which is I am contesting.

Imma root for Dread this time because I've spent the past months hating on her and this seems like a rather pointless argument eitherway

Imma root for Dread this time because I've spent the past months hating on her and this seems like a rather pointless argument eitherway
You're literally rooting for Dread for no good reason other than "I hate her, so I won't hate her for once" lol.

If I was Dread, I wouldn't even acknowledge the fact you're rooting for me.

You're literally rooting for Dread for no good reason other than "I hate her, so I won't hate her for once" lol.

If I was Dread, I wouldn't even acknowledge the fact you're rooting for me.
gbf-zephyrus.gif

Roman clears anyway🥱
The thing about WWE is that it's basically reality TV meets fanfiction. The writing is all relationships being forged and broken repeatedly for punch, and it's mostly entirely arbitrary what happens, written purely for instant reaction. Just fundamentally not great for writing.

Why is Bambu coping this hard?
Never seen someone so mad that WWE solos their verse.
you have yet to suggest Pizza Tower as the best written verse, very proud of you little buddy

I don't know, why would someone loves him?
I am saying that he is not the best written character in the series and there is definitely someone who is better, which is I am contesting.

i like his character because his story felt human if that make sens?

demon slayer has one of the most humane characters i've seen tbh

but he is definitely the best written in the series in terms of writing, his dynamic and symbolism are top tier his development was well documented and his motivations were well developed and well fleshed out, his story felt tragic without being one and that gives it a charm

I thought Flat Characters are ones that don't change during the story, or were those called something else?
flat characters little to no emotions motivations or a personlaity, i have no idea why people think DS has terrible character develoment but it seems the effect extends even here

neither akaza douma nor koku are flat characters and neither are the pillars

"character development" doesn't just mean how a character developed in the story, itms generally the process of writing well fleshed out complex characters and there are quite a lot of factors to consider when judging how well written a character is

None said cthat. I simply disagree that Koku is the best written character if Akaza exists. Sorry
nah i didn't really mean you, but who doesn't like akaza really

I mean, people call Goku a flat character because he doesn't change, but lad has a pretty well defined personality and stuff

i bleive that's because he shows little to no complex emotions , his motivations are simple as he just wants to become stronger because he wants to, no reason was given really and he indeed does not develop

now static characters can be well written, but goku isn't

he is not flat, he is just not that well written given he has zero depht to his character but i'm not knowledgeable on dragon ball

i bleive that's because he shows little to no complex emotions , his motivations are simple as he just wants to become stronger because he wants to, no reason was given really and he indeed does not develop

now static characters can be well written, but goku isn't

he is not flat, he is just not that well written given he has zero depht to his character but i'm not knowledgeable on dragon ball
Goku's development from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z is pretty great.

But besides that, he's not really all that well written, especially in Super. Idk why, but Goku pissed me off in Super, specifically in the Tournament of Power Arc.

Goku's development from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z is pretty great.

But besides that, he's not really all that well written, especially in Super. Idk why, but Goku pissed me off in Super, specifically in the Tournament of Power Arc.
i mean, i only watched the goku black arc and the tournament of power and they're enjoyable enough i didn't do an indepht analysis because i didn't like the characters enough to bother, they're really not that good

goku black was their only saving grace, intersting philosophy and well defined motivations, man he had so much potential to be a great character

for god's sake he should be the main villain not frieza

The thing about WWE is that it's basically reality TV meets fanfiction. The writing is all relationships being forged and broken repeatedly for punch, and it's mostly entirely arbitrary what happens, written purely for instant reaction. Just fundamentally not great for writing.
Bringing up this dead topic, but comments like this make me wish slander threads were still allowed.

Bringing up this dead topic, but comments like this make me wish slander threads were still allowed.
Honestly the staff theirselves are their own worst enemy in that case because they're the ones that were ruining the threads the most.
But uh, I'm gonna change topic before we get clapped.
We know you don't care, ur simp

978991011885891584.webp
If you're going to simp at least simp for this hot piece of ass

Takes like "WWE is the best written verse of all time!!!!" makes me wish we still exiled people : )

Takes like "WWE is the best written verse of all time!!!!" makes me wish we still exiled people : )
WWE from 1997-2008 is peak television.

Some of WWE's most iconic moments are from this time period.

WWE is still able to produce amazing television right now if they tried.

Hell, I could name quite a few matches, moments, and storylines from the past 10 years that are peak television.

I doubt it'd have such a big fandom if it didn't at least have decent writing tbh
I think there's a massive gap between artful and good writing and writing that will appeal to the largest mass of people. The same goes for literally anything- the most played video games are those most easily replicated year after year, pop music steadily becomes simpler and less careful as time goes on, etc. WWE feeds the Lowest Common Denominator of people. And that's... fine? Someone has to, after all, but I think you have to be pretty daft to say "this is as good as writing gets- weekly arbitrary relationship changes with forced fights and hammy acting".

I don't like most of what would probably be the best written material of all time, and our wiki doesn't index it for the most part. But I can say with confidence that Samuel Vimes is at least in the conversation.

WWE feeds the Lowest Common Denominator of people. And that's... fine? Someone has to, after all, but I think you have to be pretty daft to say "this is as good as writing gets- weekly arbitrary relationship changes with forced fights and hammy acting".
You couldn't be anymore wrong.

If feeding the "Lowest Common Denominator" of people is creating some of the most iconic moments in television history that millions of people look back on to this day, then you got things twisted.

You couldn't be anymore wrong.

If feeding the "Lowest Common Denominator" of people is creating some of the most iconic moments in television history that millions of people look back on to this day, then you got things twisted.
I mean like, copium ig

Yeah, appealing to the largest amount of people is exactly the point lol, I dunno what to tell you

Back