• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Skilled Characters of Every Tier 6

Ionliosite said:
... That isn't properly explained, if you need magic to do it then it is magic and not a skill feat, if you don't have magic and make it then it means one of two things 1. The guy has magic (which we know he doesn't) or 2. It makes no sense
2nd Magic doesnt make sense, that is why it's called true magic. Something cant be achive in the current world. Before making fire is called true magic, but now you can just use a match to create fire which turn it into magecraft category, something that can be achive by science.

"Quick Draw"
A mind control operation in addition to the body control operation.
A special move that dishes out unseen attacks with just one stroke, in an instant, through a sequence of movements from the perfect overlap of manipulating two differing systems.
A little explanation on Quick Draw, as you can see, it literally says it dishes many attacks with a single stroke.

That explanation tells me nothing unless you are willing to explain. And that's literally no different from a lot of "I pull out my sword, slash once and you are cut a bunch of times somehow" stuff others pull. Not saying is not skillful, but that's the same unless "overlap of manipulating two different systems" is something you can put in layman terms.

Tsubame Gaeshi is making 3 blades exist at the same time. There is 3 blades, they come at you at the same time, they exist at the same time, they move at the same speed.

Its supernatural, simple as that. Is supernatural shit, but that doesn't matter. Sasaki still achieved something completely impossible just through training hard. You are free to think it is not skill but you are as incorrect as you can get.

TBF, not all the characters from Yakuza can even remotely compare to the skill of the top tiers like Kiryu, Majima and Jo Amon themselves. Only Kiryu and Amon should be there in all honesty.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 48/

"Can you see it, Saber?
Swallows avoid the sword by feeling the wind. It does not matter how fast your sword is. You cannot swing a sword without shaking the air, correct? The swallows feel this shaking and change their direction of flight.
So no one could kill the swallows with one blow, no matter what kind of blow it was. A sword is only a straight line after all. It is only natural for it to be unable to apprehend the swallow, which can move vertically and horizontally."

Thus you only have to surround its escape route.

Use one blow to attack the swallow and use your second blow to catch the escaping swallow as it reads the wind.

But they are fast. The second blow cannot come in time with this longsword. If I wanted to get the swallows, I would have to do both attacks at about the same time. But such a thing is beyond human abilities.
I accepted such a thing was impossible, but

Unfortunately, I had nothing else to do.
They say determination is key to success, but when I noticed, it was like this.
A worthless idea to kill a swallow became a secret technique that creates a prison with many slashes.

In her mind, Saber disagrees with Assassin's words.
It's wrong.
That technique is not as simple as that
About the same time? No.
The two blows came at exactly the same time.

Assassin's Sasaki Kojirou's longsword doubled it's existence for just that instant.

"Multi-dimensional refraction phenomenon… Kishua Zelretch… A Servant that has reached the level of a Noble Phantasm with mere skill"

It can be put in layman terms, it's literally the previous line "A mind control operation in addition to the body control operation."

I won't argue this anymore, so we agree in disagree. I wasn't arguing who was most skilled between the Assassin and Fugil anyway, so I just leave this, althought Fugil is superior in every other area except that

I am not arguing anything, I just find it dumb to say achieving the impossible because of how hard you trained is not a skill feat. This is why this thread is such a pain at times, things turn so arbitrary it just feels like a dick measuring context where you can't use length so everyone just one sidedly decides what skill means.

But then again, ok that's 3 slashes at the same time. That's still not all that impressive. 3 slashes, they can be hit away just fine. Them being at the same time doesn't mean someone doesn't have time to hit them all down cus do have a set speed, so you can just hit 2 of them before the 3rd closes in. It's not all that impressive. It's literally no different from what Kuraudo Kurashiki does with speed, except he does 8 slashes at the same time.

So it's like saying, i can watch anime from 5 dimensions via skill, that makes me the most skilled boi in all of creation. So it's needlessly out of proportions but it's nothing all that good.

You saying they can be hit away just fine doesn't mean they can, Fire. Sorry, but putting your own value on things is not worth anything.

And it actually is. Because no matter how fast Kuraudo moves, he's just moving fast. He's moving faster than someone else to look like he's slashing 8 times. This is the most basic of basic, unless you wanna put Luffy up here for Gomu Gomu No Gattling. With Kojirou there's 3 swords. With Kuraudo there's 1 that moves fast. Your justifications for saying skill stuff is not good has been, honestly, incredibly poor lately. You've been using very weird standards.

Any reason they can't be hit away? Im not putting my own value, im just asking, "what makes it so good?". Cus 3 slashes is not something impossible to deal with. Like getting out of range, dodging, deflecting etc.

Let me put this in the most simple of terms.

If a dude is faster than you, and he can literally make 3 swords slash 3 times at the same speed, and the distance your blade would need to travel to block 2 is larger than the distance his blade needs to travel to hit you, how do you block? Disregarding for a second that he's faster, your blade needs to travel more distance than his... and that is the distance from one sword to the next, not adding moving your sword from the very start for the first blade. By the time you try to go for the 2nd sword, is already hitting you.

How do you block without a speed amp or teleporting the position of your hands? In very simple terms, you can't. Might as well say you dodge a bullet faster than you by moving to the side faster than the bullet.

Due to the way swords work its possible to block 2 swords with a single movement.

Now to add one more thing into the spice. By blocking 2 swords, you're allowed to move in their direction effectively decreasing the amount of distance your hands need to travel while also increasing the distance the last sword needs to travel to get to you.

Not to mention there are other things like stepping out of range, ducking to the side etc which all will work.

Except when Tsubame Gaeshi is literally described as arcing the slashes so that escaping from the sides, behind, or jumping just gets you in the path of the slashes. And the getting closer trick doesn't work, as the slashes are aimed to cut into you if you get closer.

And no, just saying "the way swords work" doesn't makes it possible. Actually explain it. Unless you are suggesting blocking with your pommel or something like that, this is just you saying the thing can be done and literally no explanation.

You are, again, arguing alternatives without even knowing the technique, despite the fact I've told you this before.

Arcing the slashes makes it impossible to escape it by getting behind? As in literally leaving the sword's range? Didn't Assassin actually wait until he got on equal footing with Saber before using the technique cus he couldn't otherwise?

I mean the size of the sword, makes it possible to block with both the handle and the blade. As for the 3rd blade it's honnestly easy at that point. It's just blocking or dodging an attack, you can just grab the blade, kick it off, jump etc. A blade is still a blade it isn't omnidirectional.

He doesn't need equal footing, more like level footing. And yes, the slashes more or less make an arc like a crescent moon, but closed. The arcs even intersect with each other, but the blades never touch nor interfere with each other despite this.

You have a very weird and honestly absurd idea of what a blade is. You have to have the blade at an angle that it can block one sword, have the other side close enough that you can still catch the second, and all the while not being in an uncomfortable position that would allow any kind of normal grip. The location of the slashes and you within them would also need to be in the right place for this to be possible at all, because this wouldn't be doable just in whatever angle and place. So sorry, but that's honest bullshit.

Yeah that's what i mean, that makes it a bit limited, not too much but still a bit limited. Ok but arcing like a crecent moon don't mean they reach beyond what they should. So if the blade is 1m long, and you're at 1.1m distance, no matter what kind of kaleidoscope they do it won't reach you.

Never said "it's easy lol everyone can do it". Just that very skilled characters can do it.

Obviously, but you have to get close to do anything. He's a swordman, not a mage.

I am not saying its easy or difficult. Enviromental conditions completely disconnected from your skill play a part in determining how far the blade may need to be moved with the slash relative to your body and your weapon, and you still end up with a final slash that is the same "dodging a bullet faster than you by moving faster than it", because its been closing on you while you deal with the other 3, it'd be ridiculous and very dumb to think your sword is in any position to move around and catch it, and depending on the angle of your body you need to move more or less.

And that is if we assume it is doable at all, which we have no reason to.

Yeah but things like longswords, odachi, spears etc will work.

Ok but people like Ikki who is specifically great at blocking in extremely bizzare positions and angles even with the handle of his sword or Sasaki (RoR) who as we saw in the other thread could block swarms of attack would be able to pull it off.

So back to what i said "it is doable, but it is not easy".

Not really. Monohoshisao or however is written is 150 cms long, and you can see that the distance Sasaki can use it at is even more.

Not really. Because, and I am not sure why I need to repeat this again, the position of your sword relative to the slashes and the distance you need to move them to intercept has nothing to do with skill, just whwre your weapon is. You aren't talking to me about something doable, you are telling me about a roll of the dice. You are free to check again how much Ikki or Sasaki (RoR) have to move their swords for those bizzare blocks.

Not at all. It is theoritically possible, and only if you believe the distance can be shortened by doing that enough. Which I don't believe, and you do, deal obviously not understanding the attack.

What have Miden going for him?

The equivalent of 376+ years of combat experience, mastery of swords, bows, crossbows, staffs, bats and more esoteric weapons like Love Prebrace and Candy Rod. He is a master of aikido, kendo, judo and karate, and knows a little kung-fu. Before he had any of this, he fought the three most experienced Precure, and out skilled them all at once.

He also has many miscellaneous skills, can dodge crows while he can't see, and can swordfight on horseback.

Back