• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Ridiculous, Out of Context Panels and Screenshots - New Forum edition

a9f.png

Terminator: Genisys was a good movie and I enjoyed it a lot. I wished they continued the Genisys trilogy rather than rebooting it with that trash movie Dark Fate, where you'd have a female Latino John Connor who's stupid enough to choke a machine.

Just learned 1 of my favorite series now has a Youtube series.
& considering that episode feels very VSBW relevant, what with it discussing earthquake power levels, seems relevant, lol.

My elementary school teacher used to tell us the earth quake scales from 1-10, then I found out it was a deep lie.

My elementary school teacher used to tell us the earth quake scales from 1-10, then I found out it was a deep lie.
Well as said, Magnitude 9 earthquakes (We've apparently had 2 in this century: One that was 9.1 to 9.3 in December 2004 & another that was 9.0 to 9.1 in 2011) are not only rare, but strong enough to measurably change the rotation of the Earth -The North Pole shifted 2.5 cm-, & thus, a day's length. By 2.68 microseconds -1 microsecond is one 1 millionth of a second.-, but still.

& magnitude 10 is a ruptured faultline 3500 kilometers long. (Shoutouts to Pokemon with the Magnitude move that can actually hit Magnitude 10.)

& as the video puts it, "a Magnitude 11 quake would require a fault that went halfway around the world!".

So there's probably a good reason we're not taught about earthquakes above Magnitude 10; If they were common enough to be noteworthy, planet Earth would be a wreck, lol.
Plus, the scale, if I understand right, can easily be extrapolated, as each magnitude is almost 32 times (31.6227766 times, or square root of 1,000 times.) stronger than the last.
Ostensibly, higher magnitudes CAN be calculated with more of that simple multiplication! It's just that most double digit magnitudes would mean that there isn't a planet to do the calculation on anymore, lol....

Last edited:
Back