• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Ridiculous, Out of Context Panels and Screenshots ever - Part 8

DMUA said:
He told the odds to go fork themselves and just did what he needed to do no matter what got in his way. That's pretty manly if I say so myself. I mean, after all, his Spiral Power wouldn't have done anything to him if he wasn't willing enough to make use of it. Yeah, what he's saying is ridiculous, but he believed in the him that believed in him, even after everything that went down.
Yeah, in real life, there's a time when you have to just give up, but if you can really afford not doing so, no matter what? That's manly.
I disagree immensely.

Seeing someone struggle and fail in the force of adversity and still succeed is only manly because you get to see them struggle in preparing for said adversity. Not just because they told fate and probability to **** themselves (itself?).

Anyway, I think that's enough derailing.

Warren Valion said:
Seeing someone struggle and fail in the force of adversity and still succeed is only manly because you get to see them struggle in preparing for said adversity.
And you do see that.

Simon basically had his spiral powers taken away, he was down in the dumps, but despite all that, he got back up and kept fighting with just a little push from Nia.

Even when he got his ability to alter time and space and other things, you see him in pain a lot. Fighting and fighting on. You see the guy basically killing himself powering Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann through the Spiral Death Field and he almost indeed dies.

In fact, he got sent into a world where he was mindhaxed into thinking his life was just as a thief, but despite that, he pushed on and he got up no matter what got in his way.

Yes, normal people don't get the ability to change probability and timespace whatevers, but normal people also don't have to fight extradimensional beings who hate reproduction, so, I'd say it balances out.

>We've derailed enough

not on out of context panels we haven't

I mean we did start this with you baiting everyone Which does include Zach so I would have to thank you for angering him

@DMUA

Simone's succeeding is like watching a Rocky movie without the training montage. It's like playing Super Mario Bros for the first time, and despite not pressing the jump button in time to dodge the goomba, you dodged it anyway after a few tries because the world accommodated to your will to succeed without you realizing that what you were doing was wrong and that there is a right way to do things that just needs to be found out.

There's no personal growth from his failure. He just fails, gets back up and tries again, and then succeeds. He doesn't change, evolve, or adapt to accommodate the greater challenge.

Doing the same thing over and over again without changing what you are doing and expecting a different result is Einstien's definition of insanity.

It's easy to keep repeating yourself, it's hard to change. And realizing and experiencing that is the quintessential factor to growing up. Seeing that struggle is necessary if you want a fight to be meaningful, and yeah, to see a character as "manly". And because Simone doesn't go through these, I don't see him as manly.

Or at least for me, anyway.

And it doesn't matter if normal people can't change probability, or if Simone is fighting an extra-dimensional god-like being. You can still show human growth, even if the scenario is alien.

And I didn't mean to bait anyone (except Zach of course), I just wanted to give my two cents on the character because people were talking about him at the time, so I just rolled with it.

And I disagree, a character discussion is derailing a thread for out of context and random panels, as such, this will be my last comment on the matter.

Lightbuster30 said:
Is Squidward trying to become Higher Dimensional?
(I hope I'm not getting anything wrong, but....)

Funnily enough, isn't that vaguely similar to how a 4th dimensional being could be viewed? In some interpretations, the 4th dimension is time.

So if 4D beings can move through time just like 3D beings can move through height, width & depth, a 4 dimensional being, especially viewed by other 4Ds & higher would have all the states across their timeline they existed in visible.

A 4th dimensional human man, for example, could be visible as he was as an infant, as well as an old man, for time is just something to move through for him, just like space; His ages -the points in the timeline he existed at- are just things for him to move through.

Here, we see Squidward simeultaneously, but partially visible in multiple points of his existence across one timeline.

Almost like a 4th dimensional being would be, no?

TheC2 said:
The context is even more hilarious

Literally he's punching himself in the crotch to hide his boner that he's getting from the nurse

To which one of the nerds I knew said

"This would mean his [insert unprofessional name of reproductive organs] has wall level durability. He could literally kill someone by [insert unprofessional term for the act of procreation]ing them."

Back