• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Ridiculous, Out of Context Panels and Screenshots ever - Part 8

WHYNAUT said:
and Simon sexy.
I'm gonna count to ten

and if that post is not deleted by ten, I am going to do something unthinkable

You see

I love Gurren Lagann

I hate you

Also Simon is a chad, not a stripper.

Hot Take:

Simone from Gurren Laggan is a palette swap of Natsu from Fairy Tail with a slightly different hairstyle and cooler powers. And both characters are objectively stupid with their "Who the hell do you think you are?" mentality.

Db74a86d2be6fdb4fc233adc9888d7b2--perso-gurren-lagann
KiTyxMPZzFtI LhiB1YZWwHaPs

Fight me, losers.

Warren Valion said:
Gurren Lagann came first

Also Simon is actually awesome and does things via manliness and the literal capacity of reproducing while Natsu does it with some weaksauce fire power and F R I E N D S H I P

DMUA said:
Gurren Lagann came first

Also Simon is actually awesome and does things via manliness and the literal capacity of reproducing while Natsu does it with some weaksauce fire power and F R I E N D S H I P
Whatever, it still doesn't debunk my point.

Simone isn't manly in the slightest.

Mr. "I don't give a shit about how stupidly low the chances are in defeating this nigh-unstoppable foe because my Nakama and I will get through any obstacle whatsoever because of the power of plot is making me exponentially stronger in every instant, believe it! Just like you believe in the me that believes in the you."

You see the similarities, now? I just picked Natsu because he is the most generic Shonen protagonist imaginable, and looks the most similar to Simone.

>Simon isn't manly

Did we watch the same Gurren Lagann?

The real cal howard said:
But...Simon's not dumb. He's literally the president.
Elections are a popularity contest, they don't really prove intelligence.

And I mean that his mentality is dumb, not that he doesn't have intelligence.

DMUA said:
>Simon isn't manly
Did we watch the same Gurren Lagann?
What did Simone ever do that was "manly"?

While I can agree that Simone has done some cool shit, I can never agree on Simone is "manly" due to the fact that he was a child at the beginning of the series and as an adult he still maintained the mentality of a child whining about how he "can't lose" and how much he "has to win."

The awesomeness of his feats and acts of heroism are mitigated because of his childish mindset. He didn't defeat his foe after grueling pushing himself beyond his limits to obtain greater and greater power through effort or because of his own merits, he won the fight because the plot demanded that his magic Spiral Power made him stronger than his opponent because he really wanted to win.

And don't get me wrong, I did enjoy Gurren Laggan quite a bit. While I think it's stupid and cheesy, I also can't help feeling like a kid cheering for a hero to win a fight when watching it.

It's a show that recaptures the innocence and beauty of youth like almost no other show that I've ever seen. A must watch for any anime fan, and that says a lot coming from a guy who hates Mecha anime.

He told the odds to go fork themselves and just did what he needed to do no matter what got in his way. That's pretty manly if I say so myself. I mean, after all, his Spiral Power wouldn't have done anything to him if he wasn't willing enough to make use of it. Yeah, what he's saying is ridiculous, but he believed in the him that believed in him, even after everything that went down.

Yeah, in real life, there's a time when you have to just give up, but if you can really afford not doing so, no matter what? That's manly.

Back