• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I wasn't talking so much about shows. The verses I'm into are mainly games and books, just look at my profile lol. I would generally take an anime artstyle over modern Western cartoons tbh.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Related to the anime artstyle thing, I'd honestly take anime artstyle over comic books-style or realistic-style stuff, since the latter are even more generic to me. It's why I violently shy away from any live-action stuff.
I usually dislike Live action, with the exceptions of doctor who and the good place, so I kind of understand that. Although...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpAuRqhTqkc

The real cal howard said:
@Warren. Depends on what you'd define as truly ugly. Like, Mr. Pickles ugly, or what you think Jojo is?
Characters that have a body type like this:

C9445d1e706d025245d65be733db30f2

And have a face like:

Df96a1b768af87700b84549a55c8aa92

Well you certainly aren't generic among normal people, but the whole "normal people" artstyle is very generic itself, having been used for at least 10,000 years, so...

@Saik. I'd want a happy medium. If a character can be automatically recognizable without being downright ugly. Anthro is an entirely different topic that relies on a totally different perspective and insight.

@Cal Sorry but the "muscled man in a tight suit" design is something I cannot stand anymore, and it's all over the goddamn place in comic books. At least super hero ones.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well you certainly aren't generic among normal people, but the whole "normal people" artstyle is very generic itself, having been used for at least 10,000 years, so...
Damiaaaaaaaa
I agree with that. Now this Monsterboy right here, is a ******* sexy beast.

I get your point. Like, I really do. But the suit at least is unique and memorable, which is more than I can say for a majority of modern anime characters.

Yusuke and Yu Yu Hakusho in general is a great example for what I mean. The characters look normal and unique at the same time. Yusuke wears such a simple costume but it works so well.

@Cal Well in this context, it just means that his suit IS skin-tight and hence falls under my previously stated stereotypes.

But in a more general manner, I don't like characters who are too toned. As long as it doesn't mess too much with their figures, I'm fine.

Oh, now that I can completely agree with. Though I'd say too ripped is what you were trying to say, not too toned.

Back