• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Stat Inconsistencies

@GKS77 Okay, but we still do not know the size of the realms. I thought that you meant that the unrestricted characters scale to the Elder Gods somehow?

@Darkanine Okay, so unrestricted Raiden and Shinnok have been stated to be equal to the Elder Gods, and Shao Kahn and Blaze scale to them?

Fujin scales off of Raiden too, I believe. Onaga is slightly superior to unrestricted Shao Kahn going by his page, so he'd scale as well.

Okay. Given that this would be a massive upgrade, I would appreciate if you could check this up more thoroughly, so we do not make serious mistakes.

That's sounds fine. As the Tl; dr version Argus, Raiden, and Shinnok (are/were) Elder Gods, Shao Kahn was able to fight with Raiden while he was empowered by the elder gods, and Fujin, Onaga and Blaze scale.

Okay then. Do you wish to upgrade the unrestricted characters in question Darkanine?

Hold on. Shao never beat Elder God empowered Raiden. He just gave him an extremely tough fight (aka laughing off a point blank attack in approximately the same spot Liu Kang heart punched him no less.)

Well, that should still scale to roughly the same level though.

I admittedly find these quite suspect.

Where does it say that Raiden was an Elder God, and where does it say that they were all able to beat the One Being in a straight fight? If the One Being is the universe in the most literal sense of the word, how exactly would one "beat it" in any kind of fight? How does it combat opponents?

Wouldn't be a massive outlier, regardless? Characters like Mundus, for instance, have been stated straight-up to have created a universe, but we barely register even that much: this vague-as-hell implication that a group of people got together and beat the physical embodiment of the universe in a fistfight (without actually damaging the unvierse, no less) requires a bit more for me to accept than someone saying that it happened. I mean, from what I'm reading on the page, the only reason they managed it was with the invention of the six Kamidogu, which when gathered together can embody the essence of the universe (Think: the Triforce.) Someone care to explain? Multi-Galaxy Raiden/Shao Kahn isn't sitting right with me, at all.

Now Kahn himself has two feats to warrant his rating (beating Blaze and duking it out with an Elder God empowered Raiden) so i wouldn't be so quick to jump on the outlier train just yet.

As far as the Elder Gods and One Being go......i'm pretty sure they seperated the One Being's consciousness across realms (that sucker may have been impossible to destroy outright but i'm not sure) in addition to creating the Kamidogu to suppress the One Being.

That being said, i seriously doubt they went into a fistfight....

Also, the Mortal Kombat Wikia One Being profile states that the Elder Gods did indeed defeat the One Being, then did the aformentioned actions (likely cuz they couldn't kill OB)

There's also a TRMK forum thread about this, but i'm not sure how well it stacks up to what the MK Wiki provides.

In the MKX comic it says the Kamidogu have tasted the One Beings blood, so it sounds like they had to cut him.

God-King Superman77 said:
In the MKX comic it says the Kamidogu have tasted the One Beings blood, so it sounds like they had to cut him.
That is the one thing that i didn't like about the time rewind. They really played fast and loose with the Kamidogu's canon. (Like changing them from Chinese artifacts into the aforementioned daggers) But just for comparison, who made the claim in the comic?

There is a flashback of the Elder God's telling this to Raiden and he tells Scorpion and Takeda.

Hmm. This may complicate matters. I am not sure what tier that we should scale the unrestricted characters to in that case.

Ah so this doesn't at all conflict with the original tale of The Elder Gods battling the One Being, splitting his consciousness across the realms and sealing him through the Kamidogu? (Other than the Chinese artifacts now being Blood Daggers)

So, does anybody have suggestions regarding how we should fix the 3-B scaling problem? Simply place their unrestricted forms at Unknown statistics?

I'm gonna play 21, and take a swing. I think the ratings are fine as is, and the reason why is simple. Nothing seems to contradict the rating other than they changed it from Chinese artifacts to knives, and started giving out somewhat adequate power boosts. Remember, individually, the Kamidogu are rather....uh cool? But put em together and they are an unstoppable force. The facts still remain as of the MK wiki that the essence of the One Being is stored in both styles of the Kamidogu, only slight difference being the knives tasting blood and giving out some power boosts. There's still no contradicting evidence against The Elder Gods defeating the One Being, and seperating his entire consciousness between realms.

Back