• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Revision

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Why were the Elder God-Tier Characters, such as Raiden, Shao Kahn and Fuujin upgraded to 3-B?

Is it because the Elder Gods as a collective defeated the One Being?

Because if so, that's a pretty bad reasoning. Firstly, we have little to no information on the Elder Gods as a collective, we do not know how many there are, nor how their battle with the One Being transpired. Secondly, we don't know how much stronger as a collective the Elder Gods are. This isn't an instance where we can simply apply mathematics to the characters, and assume that because they did a 3-A feat as a group, they must be 3-B. They can be 3-B when they actually show concrete feats in that range. Until then, we cannot rank them as such based on vague lore.

Furthermore, all other Elder God feats point at a Planetary ranking for these characters. Such as:

• Raiden and Shinnok nearly destroying the Earth as a result of their battle.
  • Raiden and Shao Kahn shaking the Earth to it's core during their fight in MK3.
  • Shinnok reshaping the entire Netherrealm with his magic
  • Shao Kahn merging worlds together
  • Blaze eventually destroying all realms
All of these are feats around Planetary in scale, and are generally consistent. We have to use them to rank these characters, rather than pushing them to 3-B based on uncertain lore.

This seems to be reasonable. Also doesn't fiction often treat merges/fusions to become much more powerful than anyone individually? I mean I'm fairly sure Vegito and Gogeta aren't just Goku times 2.

I guess The Elder Gods when combined into an entirely different entitiy can stay 3-A, but individually they're either Unknown or listed as their greatest showing/statements. Which based on the OP seems to be Planet level.

I'm not disagreeing but I wanted to know something about the realms. When they use that word do they mean the planet or the universe.

They mean Planet.

Earth is a realm, the Netherrealm is also a hell-like planetary dimension, and Outworld is also seems to be treated as a planet.

Matthew Schroeder said:
They mean Planet.

Earth is a realm, the Netherrealm is also a hell-like planetary dimension, and Outworld is also seems to be treated as a planet.
Ok thanks

Well, if the realms are just planets, I am fine with rescaling the relevant characters accordingly.

Matthew Schroeder said:
They mean Planet.

Proof? It makes absolutely no sense to me that the realm would be just the globe when it has multiple other celestial bodies to boot.

When they merge the realms, they merge the main landmasses where the populations live. When Edenia and Outworld became one, Shao Kahn now ruled over a single land. It's obvious that they affect only planets.

Except when realms were merged in stuff like MKvDC (Yes, i know its noncanon, but it still provides proof as to how merging realms works for MK) it affected the universe as a whole, as shown by different globes (Green lanterns planet and Outworld) existing in the same universe.

And just because it showed the main landmasses of Outworld and Edenia merging doesnt deconfirm the possible effects of other celestial bodies.

Well, it seems like the staff agree with the suggested changes so far. Should they be implemented now, or would it be better if we wait a while longer for more input?

I do vaguely remember a claim that Blaze was supposedly able to destroy the universe though.

I don't see how MK vs DC doesn't count as viable evidence. It's the only instance of realm merging in MK not being vague and giving us full details on how it works. In fact, I'm pretty sure Outworld has only ever been shown to be like a globe in Shaolin Monks, which is also non canon.

I am trying to sift evidence for all this now to support such a high rating better. If you need to do the changes now until i can possibly gather further proof to back things up, do so.

Neither would I. Specially since canonically, Blaze was defeated, and that game hardly matters anymore, and never did.

Okay. Never mind then.

I also agree that we cannot use crossovers for any form of scaling purposes. In fact, we have a rule against it.

The only things that comes to my mind are:

• Shao Kahn's ending during Armageddon (Merged all the realms with Outworld)
  • Blaze's ending during Armaggedon (Starts the Armageddon and shattering reality until there was nothing)

After the revision, it is probably best to leave footnote explanations in the Blaze and Shao Kahn profiles.

Actually those are canon...Well, no. Only Shao Kahn's ending.

That's Timeline 1, then with Raiden's shenanigans he reboots the timeline changing it to another due to all of his mistakes. The current new Timeline is what occurs during Mortal Kombat, X and the Comic and so on.

"All of existence is merely the dream of the One Being."

... So how does that make sense with the Elder Gods killing him?

I wouldn't say "Kill". Taken from the MK wiki 'cause i'm too lazy.

And i quote: the Elder Gods separated the One Being's consciousness into the realms and created six Kamidogu, which held the essence of the One Being. The legend decrees that if one were to obtain all six Kamidogu with the Sacred Amulet, he or she would be granted ultimate power.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Never mind then.

I also agree that we cannot use crossovers for any form of scaling purposes. In fact, we have a rule against it.
I never used it for scaling purposes. It however makes the subject of merging realms in MK less incredibly vague like its always been, and gives every little detail how it works.

Merging realms having been shown to merge whole universes gives proof that realms are universe sized, and Raiden has a feat of shaking Earthrealm

Matthew Schroeder said:
Shaking Earthrealm = Shaking the planet Earth. That's it.
Except i have proof otherwise, which you discredit for canonicity, even though realms like Outworld have only ever been shown to be globes in a noncanon game (Shaolin Monks)

You don't. All evidence and feats outside of One Being points at the characters being Planetary. And the One Being feat was done as a group.

Are there any scenes that show how big the realms are in the games or do they only show the planet. Do they have any statements to prove they mean universes?

Back