• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

MK being merely tier 9 to 8 feels painful
Having rewatched some stuff, there's gonna be a lot of Tier 2 action soon.

All the Titans are Tier 2, and every character who has an ending in 11 needs a new key, as Liu Kang confirms that all of those endings are canonical

I also have reason to believe the "Hero" characters we play as in the finale of MK1 are Tier 2

Having rewatched some stuff, there's gonna be a lot of Tier 2 action soon.

All the Titans are Tier 2, and every character who has an ending in 11 needs a new key, as Liu Kang confirms that all of those endings are canonical

I also have reason to believe the "Hero" characters we play as in the finale of MK1 are Tier 2
Titan Havik looks promising, there were leaks where he said he uses "math" to fight the good guys

But the tier 2 stuff in mk1 base game according to saman isnt scalable to anyone as of the moment grrr

or if you hear a question, how do we climb to shinnok with the jinsen, if I'm not mistaken, it was comparable to cetrion without jinsen or not. Apart from some dialogues, it is clear that jhony and cassie are at a similar level, so we climb to jhony to cassie green mode and shinnok with Jinsen
To this day scaling of mk9 to mk11 confuses me tbh

Don't we multiply this value by 7 or so because i saw 7 or so boulders or am i wrong
It's weird. Not all of the boulders are the same size AND it can be assumed half are being lifted by Kenshi and the other half are being lifted by Ermac. I just calced one to be safe. Consider it a bare minimum (someone can add on to the calc if they wanna).

But the tier 2 stuff in mk1 base game according to saman isnt scalable to anyone as of the moment grrr
I disagree wholeheartedly. I wanna focus on the low tiers for now, but there are multiple Tier 2 feats done by the Titans and I think not using that would be silly.

It's weird. Not all of the boulders are the same size AND it can be assumed half are being lifted by Kenshi and the other half are being lifted by Ermac. I just calced one to be safe. Consider it a bare minimum (someone can add on to the calc if they wanna).

I disagree wholeheartedly. I wanna focus on the low tiers for now, but there are multiple Tier 2 feats done by the Titans and I think not using that would be silly.
Speaking of low tiers could you also calc the LS required to lift them as well? There's also Baraka ripping a metal cage door off a pod which could be a decent LS feat

I don't want my word to be taken as a gospel, of course it's what I believe in, but I ain't a supreme authority.

Anyway, the sum of my thesis is that the Titans can indeed perform tier 2 feats, but they always need to operate the hourglass in order to achieve then, whether it's about destruction or reboot.
They are the only ones capable or manning it and clearly possess greater raw power than any other character, but at the end of the day the timeline split is the only feat they performed with their own strength, with on paper could count as any degree of tier 2, but the fact it was a joint feat and the only time they did something without the hourglass doesn't really work in favor of the idea they can nuke 1 to infinite timelines casually.

That is correct, but the whole volley was launched at the same time, so you can argue it was just a single burst of energy, a collective one, but still a single attack.

Anyway, Chaos Reigns is promising for low tiers nonetheless, and hopefully it will bring come clarity on even higher tier stuff.

Calcs got approved! We actually have something to use for scaling now!

That is correct, but the whole volley was launched at the same time, so you can argue it was just a single burst of energy, a collective one, but still a single attack.
So maybe we could get the yield for all of the boulders and then half it?

Just watched Khaos Reigns, felt quite rushed with a big ambiguity on the fates of those from Titan Havik's timeline though that's probably because Aftermath's long story spoiled me, not to mention they said that it's half of MK1 story length so that must be expected, but I won't lie about the fact that the story is sprinkled with some cool moments. As for feats, unfortunately there's nothing beyond tier 8 for MK in the story but there's a few feats anyways

Titan Havik looks promising, there were leaks where he said he uses "math" to fight the good guys
So there’s context here
Havik tears his arms off and the arms create whole new clones of himself, so he’s creating an army of himself to fight Liu and the boys; hence fighting with math

Speaking of; we got a bunch of neat stuff

* Havik has killed several other Titans personally before coming to the New Era

* Havik’s plan is to use the Kamidogu and Geras’ crystals to shape the faces all timelines, the reason is that Geras is the only being who’s existed In every successive timeline

* Havik’s very life sustains his timeline’s existence and his death would likely destroy it

* Havik gets a cool Regen Feat and duplication since he can create clones of himself from
His discarded body parts and can instantly heal his legs and head)

* he also gets energy projection via the Kamidogu

* he also gets Electricity Manipulation and Power Absorption for draining Orin’s powers with a kind of violet electricity

* we also see he can create inter timeline portals so that’s Portal Creation, Dimensional Travel and Low-Multiversal range right there

* Titan Havik has his “citadel”, an infinite pocket dimension where the laws of the rational universe cease to apply so that’s Pocket Reality Manipulation and Law Manipulation right there with some spicy implications (Dude created an infinite pocket realm seemingly)

* He corrupts Bi-Han with Khaos Magic, meaning that’s Corruption (Types 1 and 2), power bestowal/modification, soul manipulation (since he altered Bi-Han’s soul) and telepathy/mind manipulation (apparently fusing their minds and thoughts so Noob knows how Havik fights). Liu even claims he's never seen anything as potent as Havik's magic

* Liu Kang can somehow reverse this so that’s Purification right there

* Bi-Han can create several spindly arms to tear Havik apart and is powerful enough to overwhelm him in combat

Also Invasions establishes that the main Timeline’s Shang invasion happened so I think this might be establishing that Invasions is canon? We also know from Season 7 Seido’s capital is in ruins, likely in reference to Havik’s bullshit, In which case; we got more evidence for Tier 2 Titans.

* Scorpion could apparently burn timelines to ash and was a threat to all potential timelines

* Sub-Zero threatened to freeze our timeline

* Raiden could have destroyed the Multiverse via linking Jinsei’s together

* Invasion Shang Tsung’s Geras was capable of devouring the timeline itself

* the same Shang has a Sub-Zero who could freeze timelines into submission

* Dark Dragon Liu Kang has statements of destroying other timelines outright if they cannot be “perfected”

So all in all, lot of cool stuff here for profiles and Titan Havik is saucy as ****.

Last edited:
Almost forgot; Khaos Geras tears doen
A pillar and Sektor blows it up with her missiles so that’s a pretty easy feat to calc that scales to the lower tiered foghters

We also have to decide on Bi-Han in the story mode he obviously overwhelms Havik but we see him fight evenly with Scorpion

So we have two options here

[1) Noob gets X Tier (scaling to the lower fighters like Scorpion and Tanya), likely X Tier (scaling from the Titans)

2) Noob scales to the non Titan cast members but we mention he has certain constructs that can kill Titan tiered enemies, so he’d get “Up to Titan level” with those. Of the two, this is my preferred option, the specific construct (the weird grabby arm portal) has no antifeats and just constantly shreds everyone they touch. Add to that the fact that all of his other fights are with characters who either aren't Titans or have any reason to scale to them and the precedent in Invasions where we see stuff like Raiden's lightning holding his Variant and we have a good case to make.
But yeah there’s a lot of cool stuff here for scaling

Last edited:
Almost forgot; Khaos Geras tears doen
A pillar and Sektor blows it up with her missiles so that’s a pretty easy feat to calc that scales to the lower tiered foghters

We also have to decide on Bi-Han in the story mode he obviously overwhelms Havik but we see him fight evenly with Scorpion

So we have two options here

[1) Noob gets X Tier (scaling to the lower fighters like Scorpion and Tanya), likely X Tier (scaling from the Titans)

2) Noob scales to the non Titan cast members but we mention he has certain constructs that can kill Titan tiered enemies, so he’d get “Up to Titan level” with those. Of the two, this is my preferred option, the specific construct (the weird grabby arm portal) has no antifeats and just constantly shreds everyone they touch. Add to that the fact that all of his other fights are with characters who either aren't Titans or have any reason to scale to them and the precedent in Invasions where we see stuff like Raiden's lightning holding his Variant and we have a good case to make.
But yeah there’s a lot of cool stuff here for scaling
Second option seems better to me to.

Also, it's very cool that we get so much juicy feats like this. We should create a New classification group for the Titans on the main page I think.

Second option seems better to me to.

Also, it's very cool that we get so much juicy feats like this. We should create a New classification group for the Titans on the main page I think.
I could see that yeah; perhaps having them in an “Others” section aside from the different Timelines.

Not counting Liu and Shang (who are from the Second Timeline), that would mean the section would hold Titan Havik, Spectre Scorpion, cryomancer Bi-Han, Soul Eater Shang, Thunder Raiden and Dark Dragon Liu Kang.

I also was curious, would we split the New Era cast by Realm or Affiliation?

Based off intros we have some fun lore

* Sektor can create holograms convincing enough to disguise herself as someone else

* Cyrax has a romantic history with Scorpion

* Ermac’s souls can sense when you’re lying to him

* More justification for Mileena’s longevity, she claims herself capable of ruling for thousands of years

Wait a second, if all the endings in 11 are canon...that means there's one where a Titan Joker exists. Oh no.

Edit: I checked up cause I remember someone mentionning the Joker was referenced in a Liu Kang mirror match. So apparently, the Joker pulled an Injustice on Liu and made him kill Kitana.

And now a bit from TV Tropes

"The mere fact a complete rewrite of history starting at the dawn of time isn't enough to erase Joker from existing happens to be downright chilling. Add to it that he succeeded in breaking Liu Kang and the possibility that a New Era!Bruce Wayne (if he exists) may never become Batman if his parents were spared means the Joker has little to no opposition now. That doesn't even begin to go into potential timeline fusions with less pleasant characters or how a timeline with a Titan!Joker would look like!"

...nope, definitely not something horrifying.

Just watched the Khaos Reign cutscene movie. Okay, this Noob Saibot is pretty OP. He personally defeated a Kamidogu empowered Titan Havik. Dude is NOT jobber like in previous timelines.

Watched Khaos Reigns. It was really good until the last few scenes, where everything just kinda fell apart... except for the scene between Scorpion and Cyrax, that was nice.

I eyeballed like two feats worth calcing, and Tier 2 Titans got some extra evidence.

Loved WW2 Cage. He was fun

Noob is a scaling nightmare and will cause problems

So there’s context here
Havik tears his arms off and the arms create whole new clones of himself, so he’s creating an army of himself to fight Liu and the boys; hence fighting with math

Speaking of; we got a bunch of neat stuff

* Havik has killed several other Titans personally before coming to the New Era

* Havik’s plan is to use the Kamidogu and Geras’ crystals to shape the faces all timelines, the reason is that Geras is the only being who’s existed In every successive timeline

* Havik’s very life sustains his timeline’s existence and his death would likely destroy it

* Havik gets a cool Regen Feat and duplication since he can create clones of himself from
His discarded body parts and can instantly heal his legs and head)

* he also gets energy projection via the Kamidogu

* he also gets Electricity Manipulation and Power Absorption for draining Orin’s powers with a kind of violet electricity

* we also see he can create inter timeline portals so that’s Portal Creation, Dimensional Travel and Low-Multiversal range right there

* Titan Havik has his “citadel”, an infinite pocket dimension where the laws of the rational universe cease to apply so that’s Pocket Reality Manipulation and Law Manipulation right there with some spicy implications (Dude created an infinite pocket realm seemingly)

* He corrupts Bi-Han with Khaos Magic, meaning that’s Corruption (Types 1 and 2), power bestowal/modification, soul manipulation (since he altered Bi-Han’s soul) and telepathy/mind manipulation (apparently fusing their minds and thoughts so Noob knows how Havik fights). Liu even claims he's never seen anything as potent as Havik's magic

* Liu Kang can somehow reverse this so that’s Purification right there

* Bi-Han can create several spindly arms to tear Havik apart and is powerful enough to overwhelm him in combat

Also Invasions establishes that the main Timeline’s Shang invasion happened so I think this might be establishing that Invasions is canon? We also know from Season 7 Seido’s capital is in ruins, likely in reference to Havik’s bullshit, In which case; we got more evidence for Tier 2 Titans.

* Scorpion could apparently burn timelines to ash and was a threat to all potential timelines

* Sub-Zero threatened to freeze our timeline

* Raiden could have destroyed the Multiverse via linking Jinsei’s together

* Invasion Shang Tsung’s Geras was capable of devouring the timeline itself

* the same Shang has a Sub-Zero who could freeze timelines into submission

* Dark Dragon Liu Kang has statements of destroying other timelines outright if they cannot be “perfected”

So all in all, lot of cool stuff here for profiles and Titan Havik is saucy as ****.
by chance do you have links for the invasions stuff besides raiden

Some feats in MK1 and the expansion Khaos Reigns, may contain story moments

Also I'm still asking if we can get lifting strength from Kenshi and Ermac's boulder feat, and sorry if this is going to be the 4th time you have to redo the boulder calc but there were actually seven boulders, you have to go frame by frame to see them using the < and > keys on YouTube

Also I'm still asking if we can get lifting strength from Kenshi and Ermac's boulder feat
I don't know how to do it, but it could probably be done

and sorry if this is going to be the 4th time you have to redo the boulder calc but there were actually seven boulders, you have to go frame by frame to see them using the < and > keys on YouTube
You're actually so right. However, I don't think it'd change the current version since it's a Kenshi boulder that doesn't tip the scales in his favor, so we can stick with Ermac's yield

Sektor uses her rocket launchers to destroy a heavy wooden gate with metal on it
Khaos Geras lifts a pillar to topple it before Sektor blows it up
These are both very interesting. I'll look into it, but these are both a bit beyond what I know how to calc, lol

I do think we should be good publishing profiles for the low tiers once the boulder calc gets looked at. They might be stuck with a lower speed than we'd like, but oh well. Athletic/Peak human/Superhuman would probably work. They also have Class 5 LS

I think we're gonna be good to go once that happens.

Just finished watching Khaos Reigns and the only thoughts I have about it are that it is stupid and disappointing, if not straight up pointless.

They tried to fit two storylines, the Lin Kuei-Shirai Ryu fight, and Havik's nonsense, yet they managed to do good with none of them. They both both as if they were meant to be a unique story each, but got mingled together for lack of time or budget, and so both of them feel like disturbances to each other's at alternate moments.
Everything happens so fast and so randomly, and likewise it ends. Cyrax changes her mind after 1 minute, Sektor and Bi-Han go full stereotyipical liar-villains just as fast, then Havik and his goons just show up as pure interruptions.

The story keeps this obnoxious trend of excluding the main characters in favor of random alternate versions. The main story had already ditched the main cast leaving the great finale to pointless Titan alternatives with no personality beyond the cool alternate costume effect, and here it is done tenfold. Liutenant Johnny is literally pointless for the story, Tanya and Havik's timeline's plotline has gone nowhere, forgotten, reduced to atoms, who cares about the empire, Orin. whatever.
Half of the story is spent in that goddamn labyrinth, telling us backstories of characters that are forgotten and left in the dirt the moment the Mcs go back to their timeline.

Titan Havik is perhaps the greatest disappointment, he is just like Kronika, presented as a super dangerous and powerful individual, just to reveal himself a total incompetent. Literally all his minions die like flies, he does not interve ones, every single of his plans are foiled in minutes, from traps, to Orin, to never-ending clones, to Noob Saibot, to Geras etc... The citadel might be unproperly unguarded from the inside, for whatever reason, but even Geras's chamber is literally empty and just 4-5 jobbers appear only when the protagonists have had the time to fail and crack jokes.
He can apparently open portals anywhere whenever he wants, like half of the cast, but doesn't bother going to the kamidogu room himself before they steal the trinkets.
Just like Kronika, who had triumphed over billions of previous timelines, this idiot has supposedly conquered some dozens timelines (judging from the pile of Gerases) and yet he is fooled like nothing in less than a day.
He is also most uninteresting, as he keeps blabbering the same things over and over about chaos and blood and anarchy and chaos.. with his only plan being more chaos, at least MK1 new Havik had a interesting purpose in being a revolutionary, and let's not start speaking of him, who for some reason is totally absent from the story literally named after him.
Titan Havik then gets back the kamidogus because of the idiocy of Liu Kang and folks, but is literally defeated the next scene. Empowering himself with the trinkets meant nothing, heck, it might even have made him weaker, considering he loses to Noob, for some nonsensical and incongruent reason, not that the NRS folks are new to this kind of writing.

Noob is also a total clown, they present him as a menace but gets knocked out immediately and restored just as quick. The build up that loomed during the rest of the story is totally washed away in a second. During this time he also spits the same edgy nonsense we've seen him saying for three games already, every time concluding absolutely nothing.
He is then reverted to good, but he is once again an absolute pushover, requiring the aid of Scorpion and Liu Kang to take care of some more fodders. We literally see three times in a row the same scene of Scorpion and Liu scolding him for his rashness, at some point I thought I had the video in a loop or something. And for some more, reason, after proving himself the weakest and less-accomplishing character in the story, he somehow manages to defeat not only Havik with Titan powers, but also with the Kamidogus. Moments after achieving what is supposedly the greatest feat in the entirety of the story, he is hit by Geras's pause button and turned off by Liu Kang forever, great writing.

For some reason the story is littered with scenes of the characters doing absolutely nothing while the evil guys carry on their plans, from the abduction of Geras, to Havik calmly taking out the kamidogus and donning them, to him patiently ripping himself apart to create new clones. Seriously, the protagonist just stay idle waiting for them, but it is pretty much the same thing Havik does to them, sitting on the couch with his pals and watching on Maze TV the heroes smoothly pass through every obstacle.
Also, he is left dismembered and...? Why does he not regenerate? Was he banished to the void? Were the kamidogus taken from him? He is literally forgotten off screen.

Also, it feels so weird and stupid to speak of feats, when the story presented us with several giant relevant anti-feats, which were also quite important for the story. Twice they fail to knock down a measly rusty iron door. Cyrax is almost crippled by a 4-5 meters fall and Scorpion straight up says that fall would have killed him. Sektor's fatality shows her flying to space and back, and yet she now can only admittedly fly only for short distances.
Heck, I'd be more inclined to rate these people 10-A or 9-C, I known it's stupid, but the game insists in presenting them at this level.

Also, I honestly don't see how this story supports any tier 2. Havik too used the hourglass to reboot his timeline and needs the kamidogu to affect the others, once again tying into the Titans not really having any universal power without an object. He is said to be linked to the timeline, yes, but that doesn't necessarily relate to his power. Havik now fails to meet Points 2 and 4, while also leaving blank point 3, of our Stabilization Feats requirements.

Forgive the rambling, but I had good, if not great, expectations for this story and it has disappointed me in any possible way.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Khaos Reigns and the only thoughts I have about it are that it is stupid and disappointing, if not straight up pointless.

They tried to fit two storylines, the Lin Kuei-Shirai Ryu fight, and Havik's nonsense, yet they managed to do good with none of them. They both both as if they were meant to be a unique story each, but got mingled together for lack of time or budget, and so both of them feel like disturbances to each other's at alternate moments.
Everything happens so fast and so randomly, and likewise it ends. Cyrax changes her mind after 1 minute, Sektor and Bi-Han go full stereotyipical liar-villains just as fast, then Havik and his goons just show up as pure interruptions.

The story keeps this obnoxious trend of excluding the main characters in favor of random alternate versions. The main story had already ditched the main cast leaving the great finale to pointless Titan alternatives with no personality beyond the cool alternate costume effect, and here it is done tenfold. Liutenant Johnny is literally pointless for the story, Tanya and Havik's timeline's plotline has gone nowhere, forgotten, reduced to atoms, who cares about the empire, Orin. whatever.
Half of the story is spent in that goddamn labyrinth, telling us backstories of characters that are forgotten and left in the dirt the moment the Mcs go back to their timeline.

Titan Havik is perhaps the greatest disappointment, he is just like Kronika, presented as a super dangerous and powerful individual, just to reveal himself a total incompetent. Literally all his minions die like flies, he does not interve ones, every single of his plans are foiled in minutes, from traps, to Orin, to never-ending clones, to Noob Saibot, to Geras etc... The citadel might be unproperly unguarded from the inside, for whatever reason, but even Geras's chamber is literally empty and just 4-5 jobbers appear only when the protagonists have had the time to fail and crack jokes.
He can apparently open portals anywhere whenever he wants, like half of the cast, but doesn't bother going to the kamidogu room himself before they steal the trinkets.
Just like Kronika, who had triumphed over billions of previous timelines, this idiot has supposedly conquered some dozens timelines (judging from the pile of Gerases) and yet he is fooled like nothing in less than a day.
He is also most uninteresting, as he keeps blabbering the same things over and over about chaos and blood and anarchy and chaos.. with his only plan being more chaos, at least MK1 new Havik had a interesting purpose in being a revolutionary, and let's not start speaking of him, who for some reason is totally absent from the story literally named after him.
Titan Havik then gets back the kamidogus because of the idiocy of Liu Kang and folks, but is literally defeated the next scene. Empowering himself with the trinkets meant nothing, heck, it might even have made him weaker, considering he loses to Noob, for some nonsensical and incongruent reason, not that the NRS folks are new to this kind of writing.

Noob is also a total clown, they present him as a menace but gets knocked out immediately and restored just as quick. The build up that loomed during the rest of the story is totally washed away in a second. During this time he also spits the same edgy nonsense we've seen him saying for three games already, every time concluding absolutely nothing.
He is then reverted to good, but he is once again an absolute pushover, requiring the aid of Scorpion and Liu Kang to take care of some more fodders. We literally see three times in a row the same scene of Scorpion and Liu scolding him for his rashness, at some point I thought I had the video in a loop or something. And for some more, reason, after proving himself the weakest and less-accomplishing character in the story, he somehow manages to defeat not only Havik with Titan powers, but also with the Kamidogus. Moments after achieving what is supposedly the greatest feat in the entirety of the story, he is hit by Geras's pause button and turned off by Liu Kang forever, great writing.

For some reason the story is littered with scenes of the characters doing absolutely nothing while the evil guys carry on their plans, from the abduction of Geras, to Havik calmly taking out the kamidogus and donning them, to him patiently ripping himself apart to create new clones. Seriously, the protagonist just stay idle waiting for them, but it is pretty much the same thing Havik does to them, sitting on the couch with his pals and watching on Maze TV the heroes smoothly pass through every obstacle.
Also, he is left dismembered and...? Why does he not regenerate? Was he banished to the void? Were the kamidogus taken from him? He is literally forgotten off screen.

Also, it feels so weird and stupid to speak of feats, when the story presented us with several giant relevant anti-feats, which were also quite important for the story. Twice they fail to knock down a measly rusty iron door. Cyrax is almost crippled by a 4-5 meters fall and Scorpion straight up says that fall would have killed him. Sektor's fatality shows her flying to space and back, and yet she now can only admittedly fly only for short distances.
Heck, I'd be more inclined to rate these people 10-A or 9-C, I known it's stupid, but the game insists in presenting them at this level.

Also, I honestly don't see how this story supports any tier 2. Havik too used the hourglass to reboot his timeline and needs the kamidogu to affect the others, once again tying into the Titans not really having any universal power without an object. He is said to be linked to the timeline, yes, but that doesn't necessarily relate to his power. Havik now fails to meet Points 2 and 4, while also leaving blank point 3, of our Stabilization Feats requirements.

Forgive the rambling, but I had good, if not great, expectations for this story and it has disappointed me in any possible way.
So who's worse, Havik or Kronika?

Am I really the ONLY MK fan who actually liked Kronika? I genuinely think she's a good villain.

Also, while I'm not as disappointed, I can say the storyline is not as good as the main game or even 11 (YES). What disappoints me is really that we didn't get "neww characters", as in old characters from previous entries but in the New Era. For a moment, I thought the soldier would be Stryker but nope. My biggest problem is also that there is no casualty among the main cast. Yeah, alt Rain dies but he wasn't a main character.

Back