• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Unironically probably just MHS+, I genuinely can't recall anything more impressive then just lighting-dodge

And no, Liu Kang being able to move in stopped time does not grants him Immeasurable speed

edited: Wait I now remembered that Hourglasses could affect Raiden despite him having Type 1 and 4 acausal, so probably you still can argue Imm speed for this feat

and that's it, tbh I wanna see more original MK Profiles since it is More Powerful than the Second timeline one I remember Shao Kahn Being able to fuse earth with Outworld in the one of games on the original Nintendo Consoles
No, the highest you'll see is 7-C. Ask someone else why I don't feel like explaining it

There are a few 2-C feats. There's Shao merging the realms, the statements that the fighters were so powerful that reality literally started to fall apart, the fact that they can all defeat Blaze and get their own endings where they merge/destroy realms (which should be canon given 11 and 1's stuff)...

Personally I'd give them a key for before and after Armageddon, before is 9-A or whatever and Armageddon is 2-C

It's easier to believe that a bunch of 2-Cs fighting damaged the timeline than it is for a bunch of Tier 7s imo. Blaze should also 100% be 2-C because of what his power can do in all the endings

There are a few 2-C feats. There's Shao merging the realms, the statements that the fighters were so powerful that reality literally started to fall apart, the fact that they can all defeat Blaze and get their own endings where they merge/destroy realms (which should be canon given 11 and 1's stuff)...

Personally I'd give them a key for before and after Armageddon, before is 9-A or whatever and Armageddon is 2-C

It's easier to believe that a bunch of 2-Cs fighting damaged the timeline than it is for a bunch of Tier 7s imo. Blaze should also 100% be 2-C because of what his power can do in all the endings
I thought shao kahn merging realms feat was Large planet

You’re gonna have to prove that the merging realms feat in of itself scales to physical stats on top of the evidence the realms are infinite or separate space times.

"our perception of planets" is good but "the infinite cosmos" can mean anything from a bunch of galaxies to the observable universe to the entire space-time continuum. At least to me that is. I guess we could still use it as an argument for universal level MK if we try

Btw, any news about MK1 profiles?

"our perception of planets" is good but "the infinite cosmoc" can mean anything from a bunch of galaxies to the observable universe to the entire space-time continuum
He also referred to it as "when physical realms merge realities merge because on parallel planes of existence... Earth is Outworld and Outworld is Earth"

Merging the realms is currently considered a spell separated from physical stats, outside of an overtime feat, as in a progressive process which takes time. I can see it going up to some extent of cosmic tier in terms of Environmental Destruction, but not scaling to overall stats.

Merging the realms is currently considered a spell separated from physical stats, outside of an overtime feat, as in a progressive process which takes time. I can see it going up to some extent of cosmic tier in terms of Environmental Destruction, but not scaling to overall stats.
Environmental destruction seems fair for me

I would counter the stats argument by saying that in MK9, the Elder God amped Raiden couldn't hurt Shao Kahn after he merged Outworld with Earthrealm. And we know according to deception the Elder Gods defeated the One Being who became all of creation itself. So, would that somehow translate to Shao's durability?

He did hurt him though, after that blast Shao Kahn got his ass kicked by Raiden and those elder gods just destroyed him.

In terms of Elder God scaling you also have the issue of Cetrion’s power level being inconsistent when she had a hard time sustaining a bridge, plus NRS and Midway stuff lore is completely different thanks to all of the retcons that they need to be treated as separate continuities at this point.

Initially doesn’t really change the fact he still got his ass kicked and the elder gods chomped him down to a helmet left so… but yeah if you want to argue the realm merging would scale to Shao Kahn, you need some evidence that what he’s doing verbatim scales to his actual physical strength since we need some form of UES (Universal Energy System) to prove that these unconventional feats actually scale to stats.

Yeah, I'm not saying it changes anything. Just pointing out that he did in fact tank an attack from that Raiden regardless of if he was eventually beaten. But I only mentioned durability I'm not arguing for physical strength.

I would counter the stats argument by saying that in MK9, the Elder God amped Raiden couldn't hurt Shao Kahn after he merged Outworld with Earthrealm. And we know according to deception the Elder Gods defeated the One Being who became all of creation itself. So, would that somehow translate to Shao's durability?
ain't mk9 Second timeline?

Animalities
Mileena
GTca_AyXwAAyvO_.png

Rain
GTcbHNoagAMLA36.jpg

I've made all the Ghostface profiles up till now, I am eager to make the MK1 one

TIER 2 GHOSTFACE REAL???

As for actually getting MK1 profiles out, we need to see about this calc. Someone already made most of the profiles (not the DLC though)

There also seems to be some differing opinions on the Tier 2 characters and where they scale. Some suggested Low 2-C, some suggested 2-C. That should probably be ironed out.

I'm in the camp of "Low 2-C, possibly 2-C" for Liu Kang and other Titans, the "Hero/Dark" characters (who you play as/against in the final chapter), and the DLCs like Homelander and Omni-Man. I can see about a making a profile for one of them and then I can show it off and see if it's passable

Back