• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Let me know, with all these endless possibilities and roam infinite timelines, will "one being" eventually become 2-A alone?

Cuz its hard for know when the line is drawn regarding who scales and not, how much have you been in the community regarding power scaling? The fact you even bring that up as an issue doesnt tell me you know enough

Since you read just what you want, like glass, just check the top comment of page 9, a generalization of some, unless you also wanna tell you dont know what they are all about meaning
Bro, stop. We've got a pretty decent chance of having 2-A God tiers for MK. Doesn't that satisfy you?

@Aether2734 if the one being exists across all timelines maybe, not sure if he’ll go beyond 2-C given we don’t have much to link him to the titan’s powers.

Yeah not sure we have enough for the One Being encompassing all timelines, all the realms of one yeah, but probs not every timeline.

Also who's doing any given profile for MK1 dudes (Or just any any timeline version of them). Is anyone doing MK1 Reptile or MK9-11 Shinnok?

@BlackDarkness679 No I won’t cut it out because if you have the arguments that can prove they are on that level, then prove it, otherwise stop bitching and complaining about it if you’re not gonna do shit.
Arguments you were told before to which you tell the same old stuff, last time i did anything for a verse i seen how much it deserved help in the long run, here included, i can say what i want of MK and you aint telling i cant, how much anybody can do for any verse in a way or another
Ah yes excuses after excuses and not just them having an actual argument behind their point. A great way to refute their points.
You ignored anything you were told last time, you are simple close minded
Don’t lecture me on what I know and don’t know about MK. I know enough that inconsistencies are prevalent, especially in NRS’s era of MK. What I don’t do is bitch and moan about the ratings and instead just discuss with other knowledgeable folks on the ratings, something you can’t seem to understand for whatever reason.
What to discuss? That nothing can be used and you support this? The fact you even give excuses against 2-A shows how much discussion it can be had on anything worth for upgrades
You were making a bunch of stupid claims on how we don’t take anything at all despite us discussing the legitimacy of the tier 2 feats for titans
Realm merging feats exist, heard of them? Stuff which are said it scales to physicals and shown its sustained by the merger unless they are killed/weakened and separates them if that happens, yet the "its hax" card is pulled for no reason against it, yet we rate these characters just tier 8

Have Shinnok affecting a universe by his own power

Have word of god that Kronika and Titans > One Being

Elder Gods together stopping OB and fighting him for a long time before creating by their own power kamidogu to split him into the realms, making Elder Gods downscale to a lesser 2-C value

Blaze power going to bring armaggedon to realms if he won at the pyramid

All without MK1 bringing up stuff like 2-A from Liu and Shang aftermath battle or Scorpion pulling a yandere by burning a timeline

What more you want then stuff already existent in old games?? Hearing the same old arguments of "its just hax" , "its overtime" the typical 2017-2018 arguments which you claim doesnt exist in the wiki
I’m calling you out on just complaining and I’m telling you to bring actual feats into the table, if you don’t remotely want to do that then leave the thread if your only contribution is to complain.
You tagged me in here just to tell me your typical ass responses and still bringing me nothing new i ever heard before, waste of time with you just like last time
Buddy, I scale GoW, DMC, Assassin's Creed, Like a Dragon, the MCU, Marvel and DC (Street tiers primarily, especially where the scaling is just as whack if not more so) and a handful of other obscure verses most people don't even know of, for 6 straight years now (I've been lurking around and seeing shit unfold for even longer before I joined the wiki officially), and I have even gone through absolute hell to be a CGM, so I can assure you, I am plenty knowledgeable enough and far too over-qualified to understand exactly how powerscaling works on this wiki.
Yet no fighting game, which unlike comics or hack and slash games, have things go differently with certain stuff, especially with canon
I'm gonna warn you, right here and now, don't assume shit like that about people jumping to accusations in the future ever again.
Buddy i debated since 2015 in various places even bad social medias regarding vs debating, most people i met say one thing but dont show in regards to that, name me one series of the genre MK is that you argued about
I did, and honestly, it just feels like you're constantly bitching and moaning about getting things done without actually doing the heavy lifting yourself, like Ecstasy, Lightning, Hellbeast and I have been doing for the last few years, so maybe get out of your small-ass bubble and actually surf the wiki for our activity, for once?
Wanna know what happened last time i wanted to revise a verse and improve with several CRTs and such? Let some user with no knowledge on the verse stone wall with a rushed downgrade and not even bring counters or evidence for why a verse should be a certain rating and not even the scaling, ruining it and become a dead verse that nobody cares for anymore

I have seen in the past how some from here debated and how it goes with MK from them:

-we cant fatalities/brutalities, even though dvroah and mileena done those in lore too

-we cant use dialogues even tho stuff like geras fate after dropping in the sea of blood is said there or how shang absorbed ermac souls to come back being also said

-we cant use arcade endings, even tho many give us stuff that supports other stuff or tells info we know before but retold again

-we cant use blatant feats cuz of half a decade arguments against it are used, same arguments one of your verses had against their stuff

Yet you wanna care anymore to hold a discussion under such premises?

So its canonical that God Liu Kang lost his immortality, however his lifespan would still be "eons". His Type 1 immortality should be replaced with Longevity.

Do we have any good speed feats for characters on the lower end of the pecking order? I know tempest gave a good list of solid AP and lifting strength feats but how fast we making these dudes. I'd assume the top tiers would remain Massively Hypersonic+ since they'd upscale from the top tiers of the previous timeline.

@BlackDarkness679 Idk what you’re even trying to say here.

Again with the insults, not helping you here.

You mean the MK11 stuff? The things I don’t take seriously because that game has inconsistencies out the ass for the game? MK1 has a better argument for 2-A than whatever 11 can bring since there’s actually some explanation.

You wanna provide scans for these? Just saying these aren’t helping at all.

Again, actually contribute to the discussion or leave, otherwise I’ll just report you for derailing the thread by throwing insults at people left and right.

Also, we've talked about how we can use Tower endings for MK1 because they all just show how the characters are doing after the story mode

Intro dialogues are trickier

We've also discussed giving characters keys for "With Blaze's power" and "Titan/With the Hourglass/" for their Arcade endings

Also when are we gonna give MK1 Cyrax High 5-A with sufficient bombs?

Because yes, that shit is gonna be High 5-A or Low 4-C no matter how you slice it

I think the overall narrative is pushing this tbh

Titans are the new top dogs
Lines up too with the fact that Titan Havik is apparently enhancing the Kamidogu to merge not just realms but alternative timelines together as much as I hate it. I could totally see the One Being still being the Goat or alternately his power lessened as he conjured beings with it
Also when are we gonna give MK1 Cyrax High 5-A with sufficient bombs?

Because yes, that shit is gonna be High 5-A or Low 4-C no matter how you slice it
I actually think it's more likely to be 5-A. I don't think we should do it though since it's clear some of the Kameos aren't canon (I think we should focus on the likes of Sareena, Darrius and co for profiles)
Well MK1 profiles just got 15-30 minutes longer each to make
Reiko getting Onaga scaling is wild and I think this could imply Shang gets more powerful in the next game

Very simple, let's not. :D
We should though!
I actually think it's more likely to be 5-A. I don't think we should do it though since it's clear some of the Kameos aren't canon (I think we should focus on the likes of Sareena, Darrius and co for profiles)
I think we should make the profile for Cyrax for fun, considering non-canon MK characters aren't usually a problem

Also, Planet busts get these numbers

Idk how canon that is. Rain died before he could fight anyone in the 2nd MK movie and Jax never had the chance to meet Rain so idk how that could've happened in the main canon
It's a different continuity, Shang Tsung is alive. It can get its own profiles though

From what I can tell, the movie duology got two sequels and a prequel. The cartoon, FOTMA, and Conquest. FOTMA is like a weird alternate convergence of all three

Ideally I think you could lump together games (Midway Timeline + Reboot Timeline + New Era + Shaolin Monks + Onslaught + Titan versions), live action (film duology/novelizations + 2021 Film + Conquest + Legacy), animation (Defenders of the Realm + Journey Begins + Mortal Kombat: Legends + Snowblind + Cage Match). Also unrelated but does anyone else prefer Brutalities to Fatalities

Last edited:
Back