• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Kirby stellar feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can consider this a continuation of this thread, which appears to have been forgotten in the mist of time. In addition to the previous feats (which were accepted by most people, and at least 2 admins didn't really object to the Claycia calc), here's even more feats :

A) When Dark Nebula unleashes his true form, we can see that all stars and celestial bodies around them get destroyed as they vanish in a diameter of 1000s of light years, until even the far away galaxy became visible. You can have a better look at all the stars (the big luminous balls) and celestial matter surrounding them before it gets destroyed here when Kirby is chasing a dazed Nebula. Solid 4-A+. Now, I KNOW the 1st set of objections that will strike your mind, but before you say them lemme tell you this : Do you know Lumine from MMX ? He DOES the exact same thing (but less impressive), and it was accepted just fine. Thus, any objection you may have to this will also apply to Lumine.

EDITED B) Now this one's the most interesting. In several parts of the game, Kirby takes portals into a separate parallel universe, and then has to run away from a massive wave of unknown matter that is gradually destroying that part of the universe, including all the celestial bodies in the background. Yet, Kirby can push away and temporarily block the anti-matter wave under his own power to buy time, and is the only character in the team who can do so. This is clearly at least 4-A+ and possibly far higher.

C) I made a calc for NOVA's KE here. It's just a random, and it got a casual star level.

D) Marx and Nova's profiles both admit that they're MFTL+, which is true since they flew from the galaxy's end (NOVA's summon point) to Pop Star in seconds. Kirby's profile says only FTL even though he's superior to both of them. See how messy his profile is ? Other MFTL+ feats include cruising past solar systems in seconds, Dark Matter flying past numerous galaxies in seconds and to a lesser extent, this. Oh, and 1 more calc.

E) "Power & Abilities" section. Boy that needs work. Just compare the rootingly updated profiles to Kirby's outdated forgotten profiles. You'll see the difference.

MFTL+ flight speed seems reasonable, but the animations in question seem far to vague, indistinct, and badly animated, to draw any solid conclusions from.

The 1st animation is exactly like MMX Lumine's, since the latter was accepted Nebula's should logically be as well. The animation being 2-D doesn't go against the feat itself, and both animations have way better quality than the one that gave Ristar his 4-A tier.

These kind of animations are even usually used to analyse the feats of Retro characters.

Well, those profile statistics were added by individual members without public scrutiny, not officially accepted by staff members or myself.

I checked Ristar's supposed feats, and they seemed even more unreliable, so I placed the character at Unknown ratings.

I also couldn't find Lumine's profile here.

Wait, what make the feats unreliable? It looks rather straightforward to me. And considering the age of the games, we can't exactly get a better visual perspective.

Well, I can't explicitly see any large number of celestial bodies being destroyed in the first animation. There is the contour of what may be the nearest sun getting destroyed, so I suppose that might land it at 4-C, or possibly 4-B if the planets of the solar system were destroyed as well (but I didn't notice any), but I don't notice any proof of 4-A.

Okay. But is this a children's book version of the universe, with extremely small planets, stars, and distances, or based on real ones?

It's still a galaxy. The game being made for kids doesn't really take away from this fact. Besides, size in gaming not making sense is rather common, like how the worlds in KH1 are only a few times larger than the Gummi Ship to our perspective.

I'm honestly not sure (Having never played Ristar), but sizing issues are common in children's material, but I don't see why we should take them as fact.

Better to ask ClassicGameGuys, he made the calc(s).

@Antvasima : The 1st animation's full contours can be seen here. Notice the stationary luminous balls (which are stars at different distances). Later, when Nebula unleashes his power, the closest celestial bodies we can see anymore are thousands of light years away, which is a straightforward 4-A I assume since the shockwave extended on that much distance. And the explosion in the 2nd animation is larger than the constellation to the right.

As for sizes and distances in the Kirbyverse, they're even larger and more exaggerated than our own, Pop Star is a planet so massive even it's atmosphere has a moon, and distances in the Kirbyverse, even between planets, are constantly referenced to be light years, like here and here. So no problem here.

Hmm. I suppose, but I will need input from more people. I will probably have to highlight this.

"The 1st animation is exactly like MMX Lumine's, since the latter was accepted Nebula's should logically be as well."

Um Lumine's was accepted because he created a dimension with a star in it and he destroys said dimension if 30 seconds pass before you can beat him. I had to argue for 4 pages that he destroyed the star to no dice and it only got accepted after Charge_Shot pointed out Lumine destroying the entire dimension if you fail against him.

Are you certain they weren't just teleported elsewhere or there was an illusionary distortion of some sort?

"The animation being 2-D doesn't go against the feat itself, and both animations have way better quality than the one that gave
Ristar his 4-A tier."

This would be the case at any rate from skimming. Luminosity is measured off of surface area, not volume

@CGG : I'm not against Lumine's feat, I just pointed out that the exact same thing happened with Dark Nebula in this case. It's definitely a feat of unleashing destruction, since what Nebula did in that scene was awakening from his weakened form and unleash his power.

And there's both Claycia from the previous thread and Necrodeus' death explosion.

Reply to ImagoDesatrollante : Well, not sure what you mean by "there's tons of feats that contradict this", but if you're trying to say they're outliers, lemme say why that's wrong with these reasons :

A) He has at least 4 MSS feats. "At least" 4 of them. That's too many to overlook.

B) Kirby never lost or struggled against the final bosses, and is usually after the final battle perfectly fine with no scratch, only a silly smile on his face. They can't even push him into exhaustion lol. So yeah, he doesn't have a "contradicting limit".

C) Kirby's enemies get stronger with every generation. Overall, Kirby has : 3 casual planet lvl feats (Beating Nightmare & Dark Matter soldiers + Megaton punch), 3 or 4 star level feats (Overpowering NOVA's KE, beating Marx, Hypernova calc and other black hole calcs), 5 MSS feats (Beating Claycia, Dark Crafter, Dark Nebula, Necrodeus, and Dark Nebula's supposed creator 02), 1 universal feat (Magolor). See how gradual and consistent his showings are ?

D) Beating Magolor was already considered an outlier, saying that all of Kirby's other greatest feats are outliers and sticking only with his lowest showings is clearly direct injustice against the series. ESPECIALLY since his feats are far more consistent than most other characters here.

Well first of all everything Black Hole is bleh to calc from, since Black Holes in Kirby are all "Video game black hole" so using real-life logic on them may not be good. Also Black hole Hypernova comes from a mistranslation.

The main problem is that Kirby shows the same amount of difficulty against his planets enemies than his MSS enemies. Even if you go by the logic that he gets stronger with the new games, there is the fact that Queen Sectonia is weaker than Magolor, yet he needed a power up to defeated her.

Also where does MSS Necrodeus comes from?

Yeah, I just casually mentioned them. We won't consider them.

Actually, I have 2 things to say about this :

1-Game characters showing the same amount of difficulty against foes of massively different levels is waaay too common in fiction. For instance, the FF3 team showed the same amount of difficulty against Garuda as they did against the Cloud of Darkness, Mario had just as much trouble with Cakletta as he does with Bowser, ect.

2-Kirby always beats his foes effortlessly, how can you tell that he's using the same amount of effort for every fight ? In fact, it's safer to scale Sectonia to Kirby than the other way around (Since he had already established MSS AP by then and Sectonia is featless), and Sectonia's true two last forms (When she absorbs 4 MF and when her soul survives) were defeated by Kirby in his base form (easily).

Necrodeus has 2 MSS feats. The 1st is there above and the second one is explained in the 2nd part of this calc.

Bleh, there is not much proof that he had a harder time against the MSS enemies either, so that works either way.

As for the first feat, having a really big explosion in the sky doesn't equal MSS. We have no way of clearly scaling the explosion, except by the fact that we don't see him anymore, but that doesn't requires to be much far away from the viewer from that. Yes, I know there is stars and shit in the background, but they are behind the explosion, so they don't help with the size either.

For the Stars stones, even though it is very likely Necrodeus, it's not exactly confirmed, so a possibly 4-C/B/A would be better.

About the Dark Nebual thingy, err, do we even know what's in the background? Doesn't looks like stars, planets, or galaxies, just random space matter. It could be anything, so moving it out of the way to see a galaxy doesn't seems much feat-worthy to me.

Yeah, but meh, that's common in fiction.

You make a good point, but I'd argue that there's, in fact, there's a way to know how far Necrodeus was. Looking closely, Necrodeus disappears first, then follows the energy surrounding him. Via angsize formulas, we can know how far he was launched, and the speed at which he was launched then we can calculate the output of the explosion via measuring it's surface and luminosity. For it to be visible that far away, it would land on stellar level. And then there's the Sun stones thing.

Yeah. Check out the contours. Those big luminous balls are stars at different distances. And the fight happened in the centers of a separate galaxy, so MSS destruction is necessary to clear space so much that the only thing visible anymore is a far away galaxy.

Er, you don't have to be that much faraway to be non-visible. Considering that Necrodeus isn't much bigger than mini-kirbys, who are much smaller than normal kirbys who are in turn only 8 Inches tall, it wouldn't take much distance for Necrodeus to be beyond sight. Too lazy to make a calc for that but eh.

Not sure if those are stars, seems pretty vague. Although it is true that if it is in the middle of a galaxy, seeing another like that must requires some good clean up.

I am certain that isn't even star level. Also keep in mind Nerocdeus isn't that much bigger than all the Kirby's - which are smaller than the original 8 inch Kirby - I have doubt he flew far at all, or I doubt that explosion was impressive.

...No. Haha, this is horribly unquantifiable. It was just a really big flash. He could've teleported. He could've reality warped. Also like with Magolor there was really small galaxies and stuff so no, not MSS.

@SaikouTouhou : You make another good point about Necrodeus' death. I just assumed that based on how he becomes invisible while the luminous energy around him was still large and there. But oh well, he's still responsible for transforming a hundred stars into gems. Btw, in the Kirbyverse, the only celestial bodies we ever see in space are planets, stars, galaxies and more stars.

@ImagoDestrollante : Absolutely not. Nebula was dazed and weakened, and it just awakened, unleashing it's power. That resulted in, like Saikou put it, "a serious clean up". The same battlefield is still there. And like previously mentioned, this feat is just the exact copy of Lumine's feat. The latter was accepted for X & Zero, this one is even more clear cut, so yes, MSS+.

Btw, which "small galaxy" are you talking about ? I don't know where people got that from, and in fact, astronomical distances and sizes in the Kirbyverse are far more exaggerated than our own. For example, Pop Star is an insanely large planet as even it's stratosphere has a giant moo (what the creators said), and distances even between planets are consistenly measured in light years like here and here.

You can notify us about it after the project is done. It could take up to 10 days I think, but may go much quicker for all that I know.

Jesus Christ where do I begin.

A) "we can see that all stars and celestial bodies around them get destroyed " this is completely dishonest. I can tell that the gif has been edited as it abruptly cuts to the next form of the boss Kirby is fighting and the bubble on the bottom screen surrounding one of the items kirby is holding has already been popped. The gage for whatever attack Kirby was filling up in the first part of the gif abruptly cuts off which is another indication.

B) Necrodeus' death. " Look closely : He gets launched far into the depths of space until no pixel is left of him. Then the explosion that ensues rivals the constellations around it in size." This is forced perspective. There is no way to prove his distance and size relative to the objects around him.

C) "I made a calc for NOVA's KE
here. It's just a random, and it got a casual star level." You should have someone else doublecheck this calc. Preferably someone from the OBD.

D)" cruising past solar systems in seconds " "Dark Matter flying past numerous galaxies in seconds " "this. " These are all cases of forced perspective. Again there is no way to tell the distance and size of the characters relative to the background here.

"
and 1 more calc. " I think it is important to note that this calc was debunked in its own comment section by Regicide and has yet to be reevaluated.

@Xolon : Normally we should wait until AP revision is over, but I can't ignore what you said about me being dishonest, because it's sure that you have NO idea what you're talking about when you say that the gif has been edited. The reason you see Kirby in a different position is because you can still move during the flash, and the item bubbles don't pop in that game, they disappear completely when you use them. You could at least see a a Youtube video of the battle (2:00) to make sure. See how the video is exactly like the gif ? Good, now take back those false accusations of "edited gif" please. T.T

Also, "forced perspective" isn't a term used with direct feats. They scrolled past galaxies which is only possible if you're MFTL+, then they're MFTL+. There isn't much way around it.

Fastsword88 said:
@Xolon : Normally we should wait until AP revision is over, but I can't ignore what you said about me being dishonest, because it's sure that you have NO idea what you're talking about when you say that the gif has been edited. The reason you see Kirby in a different position is because you can still move during the flash, and the item bubbles don't pop in that game, they disappear completely when you use them. You could at least see a a Youtube video of the battle (2:00) to make sure. See how the video is exactly like the gif ? Good, now take back those false accusations of "edited gif" please. T.T
Also, "forced perspective" isn't a term used with direct feats. They scrolled past galaxies which is only possible if you're MFTL+, then they're MFTL+. There isn't much way around it.
Aight. You didn't edit it. BUT. Neither the video or gif show stars and celestial bodies getting destroyed like you claimed. It looks more to me like the boss teleported Kirby and himself to a different setting.

These celestial bodies being far away in the background does matter. Distance screws with perspective. The darkmatter gif you posted for example https://giant.gfycat.com/DelightfulSplendidHookersealion.gif . Are we supposed to believe that planet is as large as a galaxy? Or that he flew the entire length of a galaxy just by leaving the planet's atmospere? The perspective is screwy here and it is likely the same with those other feats.

Nope, I already said it before. The battlefield is still the same, and what Nebula did in that scene was awaken from a dazed form and unleash it's power. What do you think would that happen in that case ? And, it's a copy of Lumine's feat, with the latter being accepted as reasonable.

How do I explain it. The galaxies at the beginning of the gif are behind the planet, though for them to appear to be that big means they're fairly close (for an astronomical distance, they're still light years apart from each other). Scrolling past several galaxies light years apart is still MFTL+, because, say they were any slower, they would need a larger gap of time to scroll past 2 galaxies even with said perspective. Don't matta though, Kirby still has tons of other MFTL+ feats such as scaling from Marx and NOVA who travel from the galaxy's end to Popstar in seconds and the other feats from the previous thread.

Fastsword88 said:
Nope, I already said it before. The battlefield is still the same, and what Nebula did in that scene was awaken from a dazed form and unleash it's power. What do you think would that happen in that case ? And, it's a copy of Lumine's feat, with the latter being accepted as reasonable.
How do I explain it. The galaxies at the beginning of the gif are behind the planet, though for them to appear to be that big means they're fairly close (for an astronomical distance, they're still light years apart from each other). Scrolling past several galaxies light years apart is still MFTL+, because, say they were any slower, they would need a larger gap of time to scroll past 2 galaxies even with said perspective. Don't matta though, Kirby still has tons of other MFTL+ feats such as scaling from Marx and NOVA who travel from the galaxy's end to Popstar in seconds and the other feats from the previous thread.
It doesn't look like anything is destroyed in the video or gif. The scenery changes. That's it. So the platform Kirby and the boss are standing on could've just been teleported with them.

"the galaxy's end" Did you use the wrong link here? All I see is the title screen for Meta Knight Ultra when I click that.

I just said that he "awakened". Why would teleportation occur when the being is unleashing his power ? Not that Dark Nebula (or any of the Dark Matters) have teleportation powers anyways. And the battlefield is still there. And... didn't I say this is a copy (literally) of Lumine's feat ?

It's the right link, the last phrase in the title screen.

Fastsword88 said:
I just said that he "awakened". Why would teleportation occur when the being is unleashing his power ? Not that Dark Nebula (or any of the Dark Matters) have teleportation powers anyways. And the battlefield is still there. And... didn't I say this is a copy (literally) of Lumine's feat ?
It's the right link, the last phrase in the title screen.
Nothing implies anything in the background being destroyed to me. It looks more like things are added to the background. But there's no indication an entire new background was created so it is likelier to be teleportation.

And with that last phrase there is no time frame given so it is useless as a feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back