• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More ability additions for MK verse

There are too many things that I have missed for this verse and I would like to point them out and receive proper verification about it. Let's begin.

D'Vorah

- She has the ability to shoot out resin from her hands as well as summon it beneath her opponent. I don't know what kind of ability is this though, gonna need help with this one.

Elder Gods

- They should have either BFR or Sealing for sending Shinnok to the Netherrealm and imprisoning him there.

Hotaru

- Should have Stealth Mastery because he sneaked on Kenshi and Sub-Zero in the OG timeline, the latter not sensing his presence.

Kano

- About his tier, it should be this: 8-B, 8-A with Black Dragon tech, since he was the one who made the explosion that Kintaro tanked. Change my mind.

- He should obviously have Spin Dash. It's his signature move. He should also have some sort of limited Attack Reflection as he can counter melee attacks performed on him. Explosion Manipulation should be on his page as he carries grenades which is part of his standard arsenal.

Kenshi

- From this video, it seems like Kenshi can paralyze people then proceed to use his telekinesis to kill them. The paralysis being induced should be Status Effect Inducement. Kenshi should have Extrasensory Perception for being able to detect a hidden portal rune in MKX using Sento.

Onaga

- It was revealed in the MKX comics that Onaga has some sort of healing factor that Goro seeks to claim so that he can regrow back his arms. This could possibly mean that Onaga has Low-Mid regen. Damashi, his avatar, is proof that Onaga has Astral Projection as he was able to project an apparition of himself to deceive Shujinko even though he was killed by Shao Kahn, also giving him Illusion Creation.

Quan Chi

- He should be able to resurrect others, giving him Resurrection.

Scorpio

- It looks like Scorpion healed his seemingly fatal wounds in these panels. It's probably Low-Mid regen. He should have Resistance to Electricity Manipulation as he withstood lots of lightning attacks from a possessed and bloodlusted Raiden.

Question, do you think Kenshi should have Stealth Mastery, Negation and Resistance to Mind Control? I got Stealth Mastery from him spying on the Red Dragon in the current timeline as well as sneaking up on Hotaru undetected and killing him after Hotaru had ambushed Ken and Sub-Zero. For his Negation and Resistance to Mind Control, he freed Ermac from Shao Kahn's mind control and gained him as an ally in the og timeline.

Welp, turns out there's more things that I have found, especially Shinnok.

Shinnok

- He should have Corruption for successfully corrupting the Jinsei as well as corrupting himself, transforming into Corrupted Shinnok. Astral Projection comes from him projecting himself while trapped in his own amulet at the ending of MK9, as he spoke to Quan Chi about their plans. I think Death Manipulation should be in his profile, shown here as he one hit kills a Demon with his magic. He was about to do the same to Sonya anyway. Pain Manipulation and Immobilizatio is shown whenever he uses his amulet. Raiden used the amulet against its owner and Shinnok was unable to move and people who were struck by it such as Raiden, Fujin and Sonya were writhing in pain as they were being sealed. He should also have Enhanced Senses for being able to fight and dodge Johnny Cage without even looking at him . BFR should be in his profile as he banished Tave back to Earthrealm .

That's all I have found today. There might be more to come, stay tuned since I am scanning the entire franchise.

I think that this seems fine, but you should ask Dark649 to comment here.

As for the resin, I don't think that we have a powers page for that, but you can describe it in the notable attacks section.

Ok for D'Vorah and Hotaru.

For the Elder Gods, i think BFR is fine as they directly sent him there.

Kano should be higher with Preparation and mentioning the bomb he made, in the X Komics he can develop stuff over time making him a prep user, i do not think countering attacks is Attack Reflection that is mainly reflecting projectiles, Spin Dash is fine i should add them to Blanka and Rolento since they can do the same.

Kenshi can indeed paralysis induce, for extrasensory perception is fine if this portal was far from him otherwise enhanced senses if it was close.

Onaga: We still don't exactly know how this Regenerationn works and how is shown, if the Goro shown in X was said to have regenerated his arms then it would be fine, but it was not said and i think this apperance is not canon, so i would wait for 11 to specify if Goro succesfully regenerated his arms or did so quickly or over time. Onaga has indeed made Astral Projections of himself and other things, but i do not recall him making illusions, through he was able to deceive Shujinko.

Quan Chi resurrection is more shown as necromancy since he does bring back the deceased ones as undead.

Scorpion reg. is fine as Hanzo retained his Wraith abilities, resistance to electricity would be not necessary as i have heard in a past thread that anyone with higher 8-C dura would resist electricity like resisting fire/lave with more that 8-A dura.

Kenshi stealth mastery is fine but freeing someone from mind control does not grant resistance to himself, just a powerful telekinesis/telepathy by freeing someone under mind control, though Ermac is an agglomerate of many souls in one body.

It's likely that Kenshi negated Shao Kahn mind control on Ermac, freeing him the process.

So it's negation. I guess this can be closed now.

Still need to add BFR to the Elder Gods page as it is locked. Also need to remove SZ's resistance to fire because of your previous reasons.

I mean.

It looks like this is relatively concluded, did BFR get added/Fire Resist get removed?

Alright. Cool. So... this is done, then, it seems?

Can I get timeframes for those videos on Shin? Don't wanna sit through a 17 minute video and try to guess at what you're calling Death Manip kek.

Also, no videos for a few abilities (Astral Projection, Corruption, etc)

Should Shinnok have existence erasure? Mileena using Shinnok's amulet erased three Outworld guards by accident and she has little control over the amulet as seen here:https://youtu.be/tWTFWCioEdA starts at 17:06. He also did a similar thing to a demon by himself in his intro.

If this gets accepted, should Raiden have existence erasure, BFR and sealing via Shinnok's amulet since he's currently in possession of the amulet?

Shootingkill said:
He also did a similar thing to a demon by himself in his intro.

If this gets accepted, should Raiden have existence erasure, BFR and sealing via Shinnok's amulet since he's currently in possession of the amulet?
I don't think Shinnok erased the demon. There's no proof but it sounds more like a OHK or death manip

If it's EE, it should be confirmed that Shinnok destroyed both mind and soul or at least a statement confirming that the amulet can erase beings from existence. We aren't so sure if he really erased them. In fact, Li Mei said that amulet can decimate entire armies but nothing said about EE.

I don't think Shinnok erased the demon. There's no proof but it sounds more like a OHK or death manip

If it's OHK or death manipulation, the demon's body would have been left intact. Here, it seems like it completely disappeared which certainly looks like EE to me.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
If it's EE, it should be confirmed that Shinnok destroyed both mind and soul or at least a statement confirming that the amulet can erase beings from existence. We aren't so sure if he really erased them. In fact, Li Mei said that amulet can decimate entire armies but nothing said about EE.
I do not think you need to destroy the body, mind and soul at once to qualify for EE, just that it is beyond vaporisation and atomisation.

Leaving behind no physical trace doesn't mean EE. Even Vaporization can do that.

Speaking of which, does Sub-Zero get to have Durability Negation by making things that he freezes easier to shatter? He does this to a large building that he froze in the comics and shattered it in one hit.

1427605443177.jpg

1. Astral Projection looks legit.

2. Unsure of Corruption. He does seem to inject some of his magic into it, but what are the actual effects of this?

3. Death Manip is no for me, just seems to vastly out-Potency it. Probably not even worth an ability.

4. Not really Enhanced Senses. Could be achieved by just out-speeding them. Or Instinctive Reaction.

5. BFR looks fine, too, but he doesn't seem to use it for combat purposes.

Mr. Bambu said:
2. Unsure of Corruption. He does seem to inject some of his magic into it, but what are the actual effects of this?

4. Not really Enhanced Senses. Could be achieved by just out-speeding them. Or Instinctive Reaction.
He corrupted the Jinsei's lifeforce so that he can taint it with death (that's all he said about it) and himself as well, turning into Corrupted Shinnok. Raiden is also affected by the corrupted Jinsei.

He was fine about not looking at them while fighting.

Corrupting oneself doesn't count, I feel. And... maybe? I guess Corruption works.

About Instinctive Reactions, Shinnok was fully aware of the strikes being landed on him, it's more of Enhanced Senses.

"Instinctive Reactions is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought."

Being aware of something doesn't mean you're putting conscious thought towards it. I'm aware of the history of Japan but I'm not actively thinking about it.

Also, I really don't think this is Enhanced Senses since these are just characters Shinnok appears to be casually above.

Mr. Bambu said:
Also, I really don't think this is Enhanced Senses since these are just characters Shinnok appears to be casually above.
It's still Enhanced Senses though. Just look at the Thanos fight scene in Titan. He is casually above everyone there by skill and had no problem fighting with webbing in his eyes. Same with Shinnok.

Also, what do you think of my proposal of SZ negating dura?

I still disagree with Enhanced Senses. Comparing to Thanos isn't the same thing.

And... I guess so? It's more like dura neg if the opponent can't get out of the ice, which isn't super useful in a fight with people comparable to you.

So, for Shinnok, we have:

- BFR in his Low 7-C key

- Astral Projection in his 7-C key

- Corruption for his 7-C key

- And no confirmation if Pain Manipulation should be in his profile.

I'm back with more info.

About Kenshi, he was seen opening a portal by saying "Anata ga hirakimasu" which probably means something like opening a door. This could be something but I am going to need help. Could be Magic? Or maybe it isn't an ability at all.

I think Takeda and Kenshi have some sort of Information Analysis. When Takeda and his squad travelled to Outworld, they met a guy named Erron Black. Takeda read his mind and realized that he was an Earthrealmer. I'd like to know what you think about this.

Xtasya can add the abilities to Shinnok while i added portal to Kenshi. Before closing there is this thread, i'd like to hear your opinions about it.

Why is it that every time I see the abbreviation MK, I always think Mario Kart?

Back