• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monsters of ice and fire (Giadrome vs Flame Snake)

AP wise Fire Snake takes it, upscaling from 1.11 Tons of TNT vs 5.36 kg of TNT for the Giaprey. This is a difference of about 200x, not accounting for upscaling.

AP wise Fire Snake takes it, upscaling from 1.11 Tons of TNT vs 5.36 kg of TNT for the Giaprey. This is a difference of about 200x, not accounting for upscaling.
Wait what? I thought Minor Flame Snake is the 9-B key

Ahhhh, that tracks

I misread, my apologies.

So the infant fire snake has an AP of about 1.94 kg, meaning it is at a 2.76x disadvantage. Definitely surmountable, also noting that it upscales a little.

The Flame Snake has the benefit of passive damage around it and mobility, since it can stick to damn walls. It is stealthy and also inflicts a poison bite that reduces an enemy's strength.

The giaprey has the obvious advantage of AP and its own status effect, that is one of freezing an enemy. D&D has in the past given resistance to freezing, although I think this is mitigated by the Flame Snake's distinctive weakness to cold effects (more on that later).

Both of them are weak to the damage type of the other. Both of them are reasonably equal in intelligence (the profile states "Average" intelligence for Giaprey but it also states this is for Large Monsters- which Giaprey is not, iirc it is functionally an animal). Both of them have presumably approximately equal range.

So this boils down to
  • Some level of stealth
  • Passive damage aura
  • A strength-reducing poison bite
  • Questionably relevant mobility (might help with stealth)
vs
  • A marginal AP advantage
  • Potential to freeze the fire snake maybe
  • Now that I'm thinking of it, a tiny LS advantage too
I'd say the heat aura is the most noteworthy thing going on here, since that means that the Giaprey physically attacking it is going to cause damage. The benefits of the Flame Snake are mostly considerable whereas it's arguable that the Giaprey might not even have one of its advantage (the freezing one, I'd consider it fair game but its definitely shaky). All told, I'd vote in favor of the Flame Snake 70/100 fights. It has more opportunities to inflict damage, and even though its working from a weaker position, it can change that with one single bite.

Flame Snake FRA
I'll also add that unless given feats rn the Flame Snake has superior stamina, which would let it go longer after getting hurt

Back