• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

monster hunter speed revision

Can't speak much on Lao-Shan Lung, I can't for the life of me see why Zorah wouldn't scale given that it's superior to Kirin in every way.

Because it can tag Hunters, as can Lao Shan Lung. So they logically scale.

The real problem is where does the Massively Hypersonic stat even come from? Because there's no calc for it, and the entire scaling chain is a loop, I assume it's from Kirin being comparable to Lightning or something, but this isn't specified on its profile.

Where is it stated that Zorah is superior to Kirin in every way, especially speed?
It isn't stated, not directly, it's just a greater threat. Hunters can keep pace with Kirin on foot, they need ridable mounts to keep pace with Zorah. Kieran is also correct, both can fight Hunters. Also, it was supposed to be added to the profiles before, yes, it comes from Kirin. Kirin specifically transforms into lightning and can be seen merging with CTG lightning in one of the older games, I believe.

They're MHS because of scaling to Kirin for being big baddie elder dragon compared to the horse who is a tinnie tiny minor elder dragon. Not physically, in terms of its placing of superiority. mountain being as fast as lightning makes no bloody sense but so is most of fiction. You could say that zorah should be crushed by its own weight.

It is my personal opinion that nothing needs to change except clarification on Kirin's page. Thought that was supposed to happen ages ago but I guess nobody ever put it through? Someone knowledgeable on the older games just needs to post links to Kirin's speed feats (that is to say, literally becoming CTG lightning).

Zorah can hit hunters so I’m fine with him having Massively Hypersonic+ Combat speed, but I disagree with his movement speed being that fast. The hunters are consistently vastly slower than Kirin when it comes to movement speed. They actually can’t dodge Kirin’s lightning at all, it’s instant from their point of view, the only reason they scale to Kirin is because they can consistently hit him. Zorah is better than Kirin but that doesn’t automatically apply to speed.

Edit: Also sorry for joining this thread so late. I saw it in the thread recommendations and Zorah’s movement speed scaling to the Kirin just seems completely dead wrong to me, so I wanted to voice my opinion on it.

Last edited:
It is my personal opinion that nothing needs to change except clarification on Kirin's page. Thought that was supposed to happen ages ago but I guess nobody ever put it through? Someone knowledgeable on the older games just needs to post links to Kirin's speed feats (that is to say, literally becoming CTG lightning).
Is somebody willing to handle this?

Back